The Leadership of Columbia University Should be Fired

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. By the way I really don't care if you have me on ignore or not. Your posts are generally extremely ignorant and are worth countering even if only other people read them. The bullshit you spew should not go unanswered.

And yet you do not feel the need to counter LIBERAL posters bullshit. In the case of this particular poster he is so far off the beaten path that anyone with an ounce of reason can tell he is wrong on most every thing he posts. So do feel free to continue hammering him.

We do seem to have had an recent influx of the less savory type lately. ( and unfortunately I must admit the majority appear to be from my side of the political spectrum)

And yet you do not feel the need to counter LIBERAL posters bullshit. In the case of this particular poster he is so far off the beaten path that anyone with an ounce of reason can tell he is wrong on most every thing he posts. So do feel free to continue hammering him.
I have not seen very many people here post shit as disgusting as Cynic has.

We do seem to have had an recent influx of the less savory type lately. ( and unfortunately I must admit the majority appear to be from my side of the political spectrum)

Yes we have. There are some liberal idiots who have recently joined as well.

I believe it was Palestinians, with the League of Nations compromise, that REFUSED a state/area for themselves during the time that a place was being set up for Israel....

They were not denied a homeland, they refused to take it because of their hatred towards the Israelis.... history has to be considered somewhere in this equation, no?

care

Absolutely and completely NOT TRUE. The place that Israel was being set up in WAS their home. You arent actually offering any REAL history to be considered, you have only offered a fictional event.

I have found reminding the people that just LOVE Palestinians of the fact THEY would have a homeland had they wished one, one that was bigger and more defendable then Israel's allowed borders, does no good. They ignore it or excuse it away with some Jewish hate mongering.

Add to that that they would have also had a country NOW if they had accepted the peace offered by Israel instead of starting the recent war and you have 2 distinct occassions where the Arabs have REFUSED to take what they claim is all they want. The reason? because it is NOT all they want. They want all Jews dead or driven out of the area.

I love when people like Ruby claim Israel is committing Genocide ( with absolutely no evidence of it) and openly support the people that would, if they could, actually commit Genocide. They do not even hide it, they announce it to the whole world.

All of that nonsense is absolute bullshit. There is plenty of evidence of Israel committing genocide, just LOOK. Denying shelter, water and food are a GREAT way to kill off a people, just keep pushing them further and further away and make them suffer horribly while you do it...they will either have to flee or stay and die, either way, you have destroyed them. Again, very much in line with the genocide of native americans.

More projections that have no basis in reality...the palestinians "would" commit genocide if they could? And you have WHAT to back up that bigotted statement. I guess palestinians arent entitled to the same right of self defense that the rest of the people in the world are?

but its not terrorism. btw, neocon is a term only far left maniacs use and we've seen just how well things work under their control.

If you say so, pal. We should call the last three years "Flight of the Neocon"

and you'd be screaming for the head of iranian presidents when they SPEAK but ignore the inflamatory remarks of someone who you identify with.. funny how that works.

I have found reminding the people that just LOVE Palestinians of the fact THEY would have a homeland had they wished one, one that was bigger and more defendable then Israel's allowed borders, does no good. They ignore it or excuse it away with some Jewish hate mongering.

Add to that that they would have also had a country NOW if they had accepted the peace offered by Israel instead of starting the recent war and you have 2 distinct occassions where the Arabs have REFUSED to take what they claim is all they want. The reason? because it is NOT all they want. They want all Jews dead or driven out of the area.

I love when people like Ruby claim Israel is committing Genocide ( with absolutely no evidence of it) and openly support the people that would, if they could, actually commit Genocide. They do not even hide it, they announce it to the whole world.
You sound like a broken record. completely ignoring the fact that Israel took over the area, both peicemeal (executing and/or evicting many of the then present owners, )and in bulk action.

Further. did you ever look at a map of the recommended divisions of the area? the palastine areas were broken into three separate areas, and the Israeli section would have been two separate area, excet for a narrow pathway between the to areas, which thereby further separated the Palasinian areas. It was a poorly thoughtout plan, and ample reason for the Palastinians to refuse.

hey.. get with it..

refusal means that they simply hate jews and want to kill them because their lord satan demands it.

Hopefully, when latino americans vote to create ATZLAN out of the American Southwest these same people will remain constant in their desire to give nations out to indigenous populations and wont react violently to a percieved invasion.

Students should absolutely defy any "no banners" rules. It is an infringement on their speech and especially at a school where ideas should be encouraged to be expressed.

I hope students DO bring banners and DO insist on being able to ask questions.

Banners arent "hecklers" and they have a right to support OR disagree and should NEVER be silenced. Disagreeing with the speaker and making their voices heard isnt "harrassment", just as sentiments that agree with the speaker should be allowed as well.

We need DIALOGUE, the fact that we seem to be training our young people to only do the listening and NOT participate is downright disgusting.

Look at the peaceful demonstrators being arreested who protested during George Bush's speech before the United Nations. When people have the strength of character to protest the crimes against humanity that have been committed by this man and those who voted for him they are arrested. Bush condemns other countries for not having freedom when this country has nothing more than faux freedom. I agree with you that the students should defy the ban against no banners even if it means they will be arrested by the enemies of freedom and their agents. It is their duty to do so and to express their opinions, to become a part of the dialogue instead of merely accepting that they have the right to vote one day out of the year and must put up with being silenced for the rest of the year. Come now didn't you know that booing is heckling but clapping is okay. :wtf: It's okay to applaud someone during a speech and you won't be arrested but if you start to boo you might want to make sure you are prepared to be arrested. I think it is important that students be able to ask this man questions and to get answers. He has made some very outrageous claims and should be called to account for them. If he is articulate and able to respond to their questions even when he does not agree with them they will learn something about the sincere opinions of others and be able to address the points he makes in an articulate manner. If he isn't articulate, and makes himself look a fool we will all see him for what he is.

I dont think he sounds incoherent at all. I dont agree with all he is saying and other things I do agree with.

I do think researching the holocaust futher dosent make much sense to me BUT questioning why palestinians have had to pay such a price for it IS a good question. I think the fact that he is addressing the Palestinian/Israeli angle with the well being of palestinians in mind as well as the crimes committed against them is a RARE position in any mainstream media/political arena in the US.

I also think he is right to point out that Iran (like all other nations) has a right to scientific research.

I am watching it on BBC, and they cut off to commentary right when he was asked a question about womens rights in Iran...grrr! I dont need the stupid news peoples commentary, I would rather just hear the Q&A un-interupted.

I am glad to see they ARE DOING the Q&A though so its not a lecture.

There is no doubt that the holocaust happened, and that millions of Jews, Christians, atheists, homosexuals, communists and anyone who disagreed with Hitler were killed. None of these crimes gives any of these groups of people the right to do whatever they want for as long as they are able to recall the holocaust. We condemn Muslim countries for having religious states but do not do the same to Israel even though Israel is a Jewish state. Yet, I have never heard the President of Iran call for the extermination of the Jews, or the bombing of Israel. In fact, the only time I heard him speak to the issue of "wiping Israel off the map" it was in the context that Israel should not exist as a political state. The one question I would ask him if I had the chance would be "what do you mean when you call for 'wiping Israel off the map" and are you speaking politically or militarily." From what I have heard and read he is speaking politically and has not made any military threat against Israel. I agree that there should be a secular government in that country where everyone regardless of their religion is able to become citizens and take part fully in the political process. What is happening with the Palestinians regardless of their religion is uncalled for. Christian Palestinians, Jewish Palestinians, Muslim Palestinians and Druse Palestinians have a historical claim to the land of their forefathers and yet they are the ones who have been pushed aside when the millions of Zionists came.

you're comparing apples to bowling pins. Since when does Coulter support terrorism? Show me where she ever did.
Also, she would not expect the public to pay for her security. She would only ask the school for speaking fees.

Ann Coulter said "we should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war." That is a call for state-led and sponsored terrorism including religious persecution and forced conversion.

If you say so, pal. We should call the last three years "Flight of the Neocon"

and you'd be screaming for the head of iranian presidents when they SPEAK but ignore the inflamatory remarks of someone who you identify with.. funny how that works.

yeah, you know me so well as to make such an idiotic statement.
Looks like you'll be joining Larkinn.

as for you RetiredGySgt, "In the case of this particular poster he is so far off the beaten path that anyone with an ounce of reason can tell he is wrong on most every thing he posts."
Yeah, I am wrong simply because I disagree with your views. :eusa_boohoo:

btw, Ed, why is Coulter part of the argument? She is an entertainer, her opinion is for shock value. Lets get real.

There is no doubt that the holocaust happened, and that millions of Jews, Christians, atheists, homosexuals, communists and anyone who disagreed with Hitler were killed. None of these crimes gives any of these groups of people the right to do whatever they want for as long as they are able to recall the holocaust. We condemn Muslim countries for having religious states but do not do the same to Israel even though Israel is a Jewish state. Yet, I have never heard the President of Iran call for the extermination of the Jews, or the bombing of Israel. In fact, the only time I heard him speak to the issue of "wiping Israel off the map" it was in the context that Israel should not exist as a political state. The one question I would ask him if I had the chance would be "what do you mean when you call for 'wiping Israel off the map" and are you speaking politically or militarily." From what I have heard and read he is speaking politically and has not made any military threat against Israel. I agree that there should be a secular government in that country where everyone regardless of their religion is able to become citizens and take part fully in the political process. What is happening with the Palestinians regardless of their religion is uncalled for. Christian Palestinians, Jewish Palestinians, Muslim Palestinians and Druse Palestinians have a historical claim to the land of their forefathers and yet they are the ones who have been pushed aside when the millions of Zionists came.

This is why I knew we were truly afraid of his questions about why the palestinians must pay the price for the holocaust. It would have been so easy to attend and make our case and prove that it DID happen...its so extremely easy to do. It can be done via all physical evidence, german documents, photos etc.

We acted like it was a HIGH crime that he even questioned if it happened yet wouldnt take the golden oppurtunity to correct this horrendous wrong. It was obvious why....he said "if this happened then why must palestinians pay the price for it?". THATS WHY we refused dialogue. Thats the VALID question america hasnt asked for decades now.

The actual quote from him about "wiping Israel off the map" is actually not correct..he said they would disappear in the pages of time like the USSR, Iran and Iraq..he is talking of REGIMES and not of nations. He is also not talking of invasion, he seems to believe that those who are in the "wrong" ultimately fall and he was trying to offer encouragement to those who feel hopeless under the weight of so much oppression by those who have so much power.

I cant say I share his view that good always triumphs over evil or that things are ever that clear cut even.

He did say that Iran (like all other nations) have a right to scientific endeavor and I agreed with that of course.

The palestinian plight is pretty horrific and whats sad is that we still have time to correct the situation, but its doubtful we will.

This is why I knew we were truly afraid of his questions about why the palestinians must pay the price for the holocaust. It would have been so easy to attend and make our case and prove that it DID happen...its so extremely easy to do. It can be done via all physical evidence, german documents, photos etc.

We acted like it was a HIGH crime that he even questioned if it happened yet wouldnt take the golden oppurtunity to correct this horrendous wrong. It was obvious why....he said "if this happened then why must palestinians pay the price for it?". THATS WHY we refused dialogue. Thats the VALID question america hasnt asked for decades now.

The actual quote from him about "wiping Israel off the map" is actually not correct..he said they would disappear in the pages of time like the USSR, Iran and Iraq..he is talking of REGIMES and not of nations. He is also not talking of invasion, he seems to believe that those who are in the "wrong" ultimately fall and he was trying to offer encouragement to those who feel hopeless under the weight of so much oppression by those who have so much power.

I cant say I share his view that good always triumphs over evil or that things are ever that clear cut even.

He did say that Iran (like all other nations) have a right to scientific endeavor and I agreed with that of course.

The palestinian plight is pretty horrific and whats sad is that we still have time to correct the situation, but its doubtful we will.

He doesn't give a crap about scientific endeavors--He wants a nuke.

When this discussion regarding the Palestinians takes place, hopefully they will also discuss the manner in which neighboring Arab countries treat them.

He doesn't give a crap about scientific endeavors--He wants a nuke.

When this discussion regarding the Palestinians takes place, hopefully they will also discuss the manner in which neighboring Arab countries treat them.

First of all how bout coming up with some sort of evidence that he wants a nuclear weapon.

Secondly, its not neighboring arab countries who displaced the palestinians and took their lands nor is it neighboring arab countries who occupy them and KEEP taking more of their land. It is not neighboring arab nations that continue to deny them their rights to their homeland. Thats just some sort of diversionary tactic to avoid dealing with Isreals actions and the US support for Israels actions.

First of all how bout coming up with some sort of evidence that he wants a nuclear weapon.

Secondly, its not neighboring arab countries who displaced the palestinians and took their lands nor is it neighboring arab countries who occupy them and KEEP taking more of their land. It is not neighboring arab nations that continue to deny them their rights to their homeland. Thats just some sort of diversionary tactic to avoid dealing with Isreals actions and the US support for Israels actions.

If he would cooperate fully the evidence would be found in a heartbeat.

Neighboring Arab nations treat Palestinians much like the Israelis.

If he would cooperate fully the evidence would be found in a heartbeat.

Neighboring Arab nations treat Palestinians much like the Israelis.

You keep trying to divert from the fact that it is not neighboring arab nations who have taken Palestinian land from them, its not neighboring arab nations who deny their right to return to their homes, its not neighboring arab states who have them under military occupation, its not neighboring arab states who keep bulldozing their homes, stealing their water, stealing more land, destroying their farms, bombing their homes etc.

yeah, you know me so well as to make such an idiotic statement.
Looks like you'll be joining Larkinn.

as for you RetiredGySgt, "In the case of this particular poster he is so far off the beaten path that anyone with an ounce of reason can tell he is wrong on most every thing he posts."
Yeah, I am wrong simply because I disagree with your views. :eusa_boohoo:

btw, Ed, why is Coulter part of the argument? She is an entertainer, her opinion is for shock value. Lets get real.

I brought An ninto this conversation because her words are just as imflamatory as the WORDS you thnk makes ahmadenijad a monster.

she's not just an entertainer during pundit season.

and, I will apologize for assuming you are a newcon. I hate it when the libs accuse me of being conservative while the conservatives think me a lib. although, I do claim lib. anyway. I do apologize although I still stand by the flight of the neocon joke. that word is nomenclature even conservatives use to describe their, uh, more radical element.

I brought An ninto this conversation because her words are just as imflamatory as the WORDS you thnk makes ahmadenijad a monster.

so, you support a leader who has called for the destruction of America but berate a news commentator.
I am hoping you are joking.

I dont make exscuses for inflamitory messages just because it comes from someone wearing my team jersey.

If you can ignore Ann calling for death blindly then, surely, you can stomach the same coming your direction.

is turnabout not fairplay? whats good for the goose is NOT good for the gander? do as I say and not as I do?

I dont make exscuses for inflamitory messages just because it comes from someone wearing my team jersey.

you're right, attack another American instead of some leader who has declared his disdain for the country.
Makes sense.
Michael Moore fan, right?

Forum List

Back