The Leadership of Columbia University Should be Fired

Let our Iranian guest speak on our home turf. Take him to the mall. Take him to a venue that features unclad female entrepreneurs. Have him stick around for the World Series. It will do him and us some good and we will be bigger in his eyes for it.

The Persians have a record that is quite similar to the Cubs, the Buccaneers and whatever has passed for pro sports in Toledo. Their franchise has always been a labor of myth and loss to the Greeks. The US could have its way with them and has had historically. This is a replay of history from recent centuries.

This is my take. What is yours?
This is one of the most demented posts I have ever read on this board. Take a killer of US troops to a baseball game and the mall? It is almost beyond belief that anyone could seriously write such garbage. Perhaps you would not have the same insipid cavalier attitude if your son or daughter had been killed in Iraq with Iranian weapons.

It has become abundantly clear to the organizers of dissenting demonstrations that the use of banners and puppets has become ineffective and cliché. More advanced demonstrators have adopted the suit and tie as the mufti of choice for effective outcomes.

This is the truth. There are now random and small applications of this method but just as with any mass movement, it must jell.

I AM

This little Hitler wanna be is nothing but a gangster backed by the Islamofacist mullahs. They practice that BS where they say one thing but mean another. In other words, he is a #%^&^$%# liar. He wants to take out Israel and us and if he could do it he would. I hope the SOB's plane crashes. As for Columbia, the place is full of dog shit. Liberal dogshit. Liberals make American First puke:eusa_sick: Why can't you people start thinking as Americans first instead of acting like European commies. Are you people French or what?
No, we re are Americans. I have no Idea what YOU are.

actually, it not the right of the school because many taxpayers do not wish to fund terrorism.
Ahmedinijad is a supporter of terrorism and there was no reason to allow him to speak.
I hope enrollment at Columbia drops. It was a bonehead move and they hsould suffer for it.

Actually it is the right of the school. You can disagree whether they should have done it or not, but the fact is they had the right.

Lmao...yes enrollment at Columbia will drop. I'm sure they will suffer mightily.

So...Columbia had...oh maybe a few thousand individuals there listening to his speech, tops. Now...news agencies which recorded him and reported on his remarks influenced tens of millions...do you blame them for their coverage as well, or just Columbia?

So you think that Iranian individuals are shipping advanced IEDs and surface to air missiles to Iraq? The Left needs to acknowledge the Iranian leadership for what it is: killers of American troops and Iraqi civilians.

Could be. Those items are among black markets.

Moreover, Iranian leaders deny the Holocaust, want to wipe Israel off the map, and execute homosexuals. The President of such a country should exercise freedom of speech at Columbia University? We need the free exchange of ideas with Ahmadinejad?

Yes we do. Because when that free exchange isn't there those ideas fester in the darkness and don't get challenged. Read the transcript. He got his ass handed to him.

What more proof do you want that the government of Iran is shipping weapons that kill Americans into Iraq? See the link below. Do you need photos of Ahmadinejad driving a weapons supply truck to the border?

Some evidence perhaps? All I see are accusations with no evidence.

The Left in this thread keeps insisting that this is a free speech issue. I want to know where in the US Constitution it guarantees Iranians who are not US citizens the right to free speech in NYC

Right to free speech is a general category. talking about ever more specific categories won't help you much.

ou don't like the Tojo analogy? How about a Ho Chi Minh comparison?

How many Americans have the Iranians killed in this "war" you are talking about?

Does anyone want to reflect on what actually happened at the university?

I was actually very surprised. I think most of us thought it was going to be a love-fest. But hard questions were asked and I appreciate that. No answers given, of course, but it was much more interesting than I thought it would be.

hard questions ?? The dude was beat to death before he could even open his mouth to say science and allah were great. He got shafted. :eusa_clap:

I was actually very surprised. I think most of us thought it was going to be a love-fest. But hard questions were asked and I appreciate that. No answers given, of course, but it was much more interesting than I thought it would be.

The commentator who reported on it briefly on radio this morning (my time) made the point that Adhmadinejad didn't answer the critical questions directly. That, to me, attacks his credibility. He's probably used to only addressing tightly controlled and managed groups, the idea he should have to actually defend his views is probably totally alien to him.

The commentator who reported on it briefly on radio this morning (my time) made the point that Adhmadinejad didn't answer the critical questions directly. That, to me, attacks his credibility. He's probably used to only addressing tightly controlled and managed groups, the idea he should have to actually defend his views is probably totally alien to him.

He didn't at all...he got slammed pretty bad on the homosexual question. They asked him about executing homosexuals and the treatment of women and he started blabbering on about drug dealers and whatnot...and then the moderator said basically "you didn't anwser the question about homosexuals"...which was then when he said some weird shit about not having homosexuals in Iran.

Lmao...but yet some people think the whole thing just promoted anti-American, pro-holocaust denial, anti-israel propaganda.

Larkinn doesn't realize they are on ignore. Funny.

as for Columbia, they should be ashamed for allowing some rabid anti-Semitic to speak to students. Hopefully enrollment drops and they lose funding.

If this is a free speech issue, well - the theory behind the BOR (mine at least) is that it enumerates certain rights inherent within all people, including crosseyed Azeri Turk midgets, and not only American citizens.

Anyway, it was pretty damn funny to see him get laughed at.

Lark, before signing in I saw your post. The reason you're on ignore is because of instead of debating a topic, you resort to juvenile name calling.
It means you cant handle debate.

He didn't answer any of the questions. He did whine that he was treated rudely, though. As for his credibility, I'd say that didn't exist before, but I was very glad to see the way he was treated.

I think he was surprised at the questions because my guess is he assumed that he'd be treated with kid gloves in the name of free speech. I guess he doesn't understand that free speech doesn't mean you get to go unchallenged. I also think you're correct that he's used to tightly managed groups of people who lob soft balls at him. But I can think of another leader who is used to the same ;)

He didn't answer any of the questions. He did whine that he was treated rudely, though. As for his credibility, I'd say that didn't exist before, but I was very glad to see the way he was treated.

I think he was surprised at the questions because my guess is he assumed that he'd be treated with kid gloves in the name of free speech. I guess he doesn't understand that free speech doesn't mean you get to go unchallenged. I also think you're correct that he's used to tightly managed groups of people who lob soft balls at him. But I can think of another leader who is used to the same ;)

Bill Clinton? Hillary maybe? Definately not our Current President.

I dont think he sounds incoherent at all. I dont agree with all he is saying and other things I do agree with.

I do think researching the holocaust futher dosent make much sense to me BUT questioning why palestinians have had to pay such a price for it IS a good question. I think the fact that he is addressing the Palestinian/Israeli angle with the well being of palestinians in mind as well as the crimes committed against them is a RARE position in any mainstream media/political arena in the US.

I also think he is right to point out that Iran (like all other nations) has a right to scientific research.

I am watching it on BBC, and they cut off to commentary right when he was asked a question about womens rights in Iran...grrr! I dont need the stupid news peoples commentary, I would rather just hear the Q&A un-interupted.

I am glad to see they ARE DOING the Q&A though so its not a lecture.

I believe it was Palestinians, with the League of Nations compromise, that REFUSED a state/area for themselves during the time that a place was being set up for Israel....

They were not denied a homeland, they refused to take it because of their hatred towards the Israelis.... history has to be considered somewhere in this equation, no?

care

I believe it was Palestinians, with the League of Nations compromise, that REFUSED a state/area for themselves during the time that a place was being set up for Israel....

They were not denied a homeland, they refused to take it because of their hatred towards the Israelis.... history has to be considered somewhere in this equation, no?

care

I have found reminding the people that just LOVE Palestinians of the fact THEY would have a homeland had they wished one, one that was bigger and more defendable then Israel's allowed borders, does no good. They ignore it or excuse it away with some Jewish hate mongering.

Add to that that they would have also had a country NOW if they had accepted the peace offered by Israel instead of starting the recent war and you have 2 distinct occassions where the Arabs have REFUSED to take what they claim is all they want. The reason? because it is NOT all they want. They want all Jews dead or driven out of the area.

I love when people like Ruby claim Israel is committing Genocide ( with absolutely no evidence of it) and openly support the people that would, if they could, actually commit Genocide. They do not even hide it, they announce it to the whole world.

Lark, before signing in I saw your post. The reason you're on ignore is because of instead of debating a topic, you resort to juvenile name calling.
It means you cant handle debate.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. By the way I really don't care if you have me on ignore or not. Your posts are generally extremely ignorant and are worth countering even if only other people read them. The bullshit you spew should not go unanswered.

Forum List

Back