The Leadership of Columbia University Should be Fired

RGS gets four doobie snacks for his tireless support of the first amendment!

See, we liberal are not so bad, dude!

AND, can scknowledge when a conservative says something we can all agree on. Hell, three of us in this thread?

:clap2:

You will find when it comes to the Constitution I will always be on IT's side. The basic premise stands, if I expect to have any rights protected by the document, then EVERYONE must have those same rights. Any other condition negates the protection and removes the rights, leaving it up to the whim of whom ever happens to be in power. Same with the law, it MUST always strive to be blind or we have no law, just arbitrary conditions enforced by whom ever is currently in charge.

You will find when it comes to the Constitution I will always be on IT's side. The basic premise stands, if I expect to have any rights protected by the document, then EVERYONE must have those same rights. Any other condition negates the protection and removes the rights, leaving it up to the whim of whom ever happens to be in power. Same with the law, it MUST always strive to be blind or we have no law, just arbitrary conditions enforced by whom ever is currently in charge.

I totally agree.

Whats more...

I bet you have this same opinion in common with a LOT of liberals on this board.

I don't think, necessarily, that our first amendment has to apply to a foreign national like it applies to a US citizen... you know, it is OUR constitution and all.. but Id rather this guy be hung by his own words if the listener recieves them negativly than having the government filter information that it thinks we cannot handle. America is smart enough to digest his words without help from those who would censor. Also, I think that a college is EXACTLY the place for this kind of speach. Lots of conservatives defend ann coulter's right to speak. I don't like her at all but I agree that she should be able to speak without having to deal with some disillusioned college kid throwing pies.

Where have you been? Our military commanders in Iraq say that it is Iranian weapons killing Americans.

Our military commanders are also saying that American weapons are killing Americans (perhaps due to Blackwater...its unclear for now). The borders are porous...that doesn't mean they are being supplied by the Iranian government.

We are not at war with Iran...and it is dangerous and irresponsible to suggest so until we actually are.

But you know what?...even if you DO consider those actions to be war...they are NOWHERE near the level of war that we were at with Japan during WWII. There is no comparison between Iranians pres and Tojo...this is not WWII and comparisons between the two are bound to fail.

The war, if it is one, is low level. I am very very unwilling to stifle freedom of speech unless it is directly harming individuals, OR the future of the nation is at stake.

Has the Columbia leadership set a trap fot Ahemdinejad? Bollinger is open up this speech by blasting the hell out of everything this guy stands for. Interesting !!!

So I only listened to a little bit of it because I have other things to do...but he is sounding pretty incoherent and stupid. He keeps making vague proclamations that don't really seem to have any meanings behind them...and whining randomly about science.

*shrug* generally why its better to let people talk and then counter them, as opposed to just oppressing them.

I dont think he sounds incoherent at all. I dont agree with all he is saying and other things I do agree with.

I do think researching the holocaust futher dosent make much sense to me BUT questioning why palestinians have had to pay such a price for it IS a good question. I think the fact that he is addressing the Palestinian/Israeli angle with the well being of palestinians in mind as well as the crimes committed against them is a RARE position in any mainstream media/political arena in the US.

I also think he is right to point out that Iran (like all other nations) has a right to scientific research.

I am watching it on BBC, and they cut off to commentary right when he was asked a question about womens rights in Iran...grrr! I dont need the stupid news peoples commentary, I would rather just hear the Q&A un-interupted.

I am glad to see they ARE DOING the Q&A though so its not a lecture.

These liberal schools (of which Columbia tops the heap) are nothing more than slimy pools of seditious left wing propaganda. They are controlled by the left and are in the business of teaching our young people their anti-American propaganda. This is the same school that attempted to get military recruiters banned from their campus. It is no coincidence that Columbia U. also happens to be the hot bed for most newly hatched ACLU lawyers.

I wonder if General "Betray Us" would ever be invited to speak at Columbia? I doubt it; they would prefer to invite Hitler.

I agree with the words of a man who was a former prisoner of ahMADinejad:

HOSTAGE TELLS HIM: SHUT UP!

September 23, 2007 -- Barry Rosen, executive director of public and external affairs at Borough of Manhattan Community College, was a hostage in Iran from 1979 to 1981. He studied Iranian culture at Columbia University.

I wonder what the Founding Fathers would think of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at Columbia University tomorrow.

They instilled the belief in all of us: Everyone has the right of free speech.

But I believe they'd be in a quandary about this one. I'd certainly like to talk to James Madison, who drafted our Bill of Rights, and ask him whether Ahmadinejad deserves that right. [He has no "right". He is not a citizen of the U.S. He is only an invited guest.]

Ahmadinejad is a reprehensible leader who violates free speech in his own country and cracks down on those Iranians who attempt to open up his repressive regime.

He uses speech to spread age-old anti-Semitic stereotypes in the Middle East, denying the existence of Israel, and denies that the Holocaust ever happened.

Ahmadinejad was one of those outrageous Iranians who took me and more than 50 other Americans hostage for 444 days, violating international law and making us suffer indescribable moments of terror.

There is simply no reason to give him a platform to spew his venom.

No matter how hard-hitting Columbia's president questions Ahmadinejad, the Iranian leader is a winner.

Every word he utters is meant for his radical constituents at home and legitimizes his standing among other dictators like Venezuela's Hugo Chavez.

It's only when Ahmadinejad permits his own people to march and speak freely, that I believe Columbia President Lee Bollinger would be justified in giving the Iranian president an open forum.

Not before then.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09232007/news/worldnews/hostage_tells_him__shut_up_.htm

BUT questioning why palestinians have had to pay such a price for it IS a good question.

werd

These liberal schools (of which Columbia tops the heap) are nothing more than slimy pools of seditious left wing propaganda. They are controlled by the left and are in the business of teaching our young people their anti-American propaganda. This is the same school that attempted to get military recruiters banned from their campus. It is no coincidence that Columbia U. also happens to be the hot bed for most newly hatched ACLU lawyers.

I wonder if General "Betray Us" would ever be invited to speak at Columbia? I doubt it; they would prefer to invite Hitler.

I agree with the words of a man who was a former prisoner of ahMADinejad:

God you are a fucking moron.

Here are some quotes the Q&A:

When you come to a place like this it makes you simply ridiculous," Bollinger said. "The truth is that the Holocaust is the most documented event in human history."

Mr. President, you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator," Bollinger said, to loud applause.

Asked about executions of homosexuals in Iran, Ahmadinejad said the judiciary system executed violent criminals and high-level drug dealers, comparing them to microbes eliminated through medical treatment. Pressed specifically about punishment of homosexuals, he said: "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country."

With the audience laughing derisively, he continued: "In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this."

Oh, and by the way, they attempted to get military recruiters banned because they discriminate against gays. Stop discriminating, and they are welcome on campus.

But it is the right of the school to make that decision. I would hope some pressure could be brought to bear to change the nature of the schools leadership, but NOT legal action nor the stripping of funds they receive from the Federal or State Governments. That is the right and responsibility of the School to make such a decision.

actually, it not the right of the school because many taxpayers do not wish to fund terrorism.
Ahmedinijad is a supporter of terrorism and there was no reason to allow him to speak.
I hope enrollment at Columbia drops. It was a bonehead move and they hsould suffer for it.

should we remember that when ann coulter speaks at her next university pie in the face fest?

believe it or not some of us dont want to support her views either.

should we remember that when ann coulter speaks at her next university pie in the face fest?

believe it or not some of us dont want to support her views either.

you're comparing apples to bowling pins. Since when does Coulter support terrorism? Show me where she ever did.
Also, she would not expect the public to pay for her security. She would only ask the school for speaking fees.

Our military commanders are also saying that American weapons are killing Americans (perhaps due to Blackwater...its unclear for now). The borders are porous...that doesn't mean they are being supplied by the Iranian government.

We are not at war with Iran...and it is dangerous and irresponsible to suggest so until we actually are.
So you think that Iranian individuals are shipping advanced IEDs and surface to air missiles to Iraq? The Left needs to acknowledge the Iranian leadership for what it is: killers of American troops and Iraqi civilians. Moreover, Iranian leaders deny the Holocaust, want to wipe Israel off the map, and execute homosexuals. The President of such a country should exercise freedom of speech at Columbia University? We need the free exchange of ideas with Ahmadinejad? What more proof do you want that the government of Iran is shipping weapons that kill Americans into Iraq? See the link below. Do you need photos of Ahmadinejad driving a weapons supply truck to the border? The Left in this thread keeps insisting that this is a free speech issue. I want to know where in the US Constitution it guarantees Iranians who are not US citizens the right to free speech in NYC; in particular Iranians with the blood of our soldiers on their hands. You don't like the Tojo analogy? How about a Ho Chi Minh comparison? The enemy should not get the right to spew propaganda under the false guise of freedom of speech: http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iKNRr35u7z0-4UutvaOe_bpWSuSA

for some of us her war drum beating neocon disregard for anything non-white and non-christian and non-conservative counts well enough.

but hey..

this kind of shit ususally becomes a different animal when you find your own self the target of the pitchfork reaction...

for some of us her war drum beating neocon disregard for anything non-white and non-christian and non-conservative counts well enough.

but its not terrorism. btw, neocon is a term only far left maniacs use and we've seen just how well things work under their control.

This little Hitler wanna be is nothing but a gangster backed by the Islamofacist mullahs. They practice that BS where they say one thing but mean another. In other words, he is a #%^&^$%# liar. He wants to take out Israel and us and if he could do it he would. I hope the SOB's plane crashes. As for Columbia, the place is full of dog shit. Liberal dogshit. Liberals make American First puke:eusa_sick: Why can't you people start thinking as Americans first instead of acting like European commies. Are you people French or what?

I find myself in command of a great deal of information re: Iran and the trade/smuggling activities across the borer between the former state of Irag and Iran.

There is daily intercourse (trade) across their borders. (the KIA State of Iraq and Iran) It is permitted for pilgrims to cross to religious sites in Iraq and for food stuffs and consumer goods. Like it or not there is oil being shipped by truck from Iraq to Iran. All this is an open secret and well within the capabilities of the US to severely curtail by gentle means or to interdict by mean that incorporate actions of extreme prejudice. The border is open from North to South and is most heavily militarized with active combat forces in the North to counter incursions from Kurds who have claims in the area that predate any of the modern states.

Trade and military incursions and arms shipments could be stopped any time the US wishes. The trade continues because it serves the purposes of the occupying power to not have to provision the displaced populations. The allowances for military and arms shipments supplement the "inconvenient" loss of arms and stores by way of the US military's abandoned convoy gambit, the Iraqi Parliamentary forces feaux pas and "Oh dear me" munitions misplacements.

This is all an ugly bloody game being played at YOUR (US rate payer) expense.

This war has been franchised and every thief on the face of the corporate world has been invited to participate after paying for their franchise in treasure, oil, or submission to the wide stance.

No matter if we truly fear the Iranians or they are mere dupes and expendable assets in the current unpleasantness, it is all scripted and produced from notes on strategies and tactics found in the archives of the bunker in Berlin that was the last gasp of that insanity before the torch was passed to the victors. We, the US, became what we hated and defeated. The Soviets also drank the poisoned Kool-Aid and it was their undoing . . . first. It is classic. It is the stuff of the Hellenic tragedies. The reason that a classic university education has been morphed into vocational education is that the former is a practice of mind and the latter is a reaction to the danger of the classically trained mind. We need only examined the Vo-Tech training of our leadership. MBA, indeed?

Let our Iranian guest speak on our home turf. Take him to the mall. Take him to a venue that features unclad female entrepreneurs. Have him stick around for the World Series. It will do him and us some good and we will be bigger in his eyes for it.

The Persians have a record that is quite similar to the Cubs, the Buccaneers and whatever has passed for pro sports in Toledo. Their franchise has always been a labor of myth and loss to the Greeks. The US could have its way with them and has had historically. This is a replay of history from recent centuries.

This is my take. What is yours?

I AM

Forum List

Back