The Law is the Law.

Sherriff Joe Arpio of Maricopa County AZ has been raiding and detaining illegals for years. People here love Sherriff Joe. Every body that lives somewhere else hates him.

The fucker's insane and has been shown to be abusive of power.

Once you do time with Sheriff Joe you learn that you do not want to go back and do it again.

Isn't that the idea?

He is prosecuted relentlessly by the ACLU and criminals. Yet he is re-elected year after year after year. Why? Because the people know he enforces the law without wasting their money.

What happens in rural communities where they don't even have a police force, just a State Patrol car that cruises through once every couple days? And yes, they do exist.

Money is a huge problem for a lot of municipalities, and immigration is a strictly Federal matter.

Once you do time with Sheriff Joe you learn that you do not want to go back and do it again.

Isn't that the idea?

He is prosecuted relentlessly by the ACLU and criminals. Yet he is re-elected year after year after year. Why? Because the people know he enforces the law without wasting their money.

I don't mind what he does with his Tent City and the pink stuff. I think it's a horrible waste of money that he puts dogs in air conditioned cells.

The ACLU goes after him because he flaunts the law and democratic government. He's costed tax payers millions in legal fees , judgements, settlements and insurance premiums. He also uses this deputies to harass his political opponents and those who criticize him in the public.

Under the State law
# Arrests by Sheriff’s deputies of persons transporting or being transported illegally into Arizona: 1,801

Under the Federal law
# Arrests by Sheriff’s deputies who, in the course of their duties, determine the arrestee is in Arizona illegally: 1,887

ICE “Holds”
# Each inmate booked is interviewed for immigration status. Sheriff’s detention officers have turned over 31,409 illegal immigrants to Immigration authorities for deportation.
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

Date: January 21, 2010
SHERIFF’S DEPUTIES ARREST 29 ILLEGAL ALIENS
ENTERING U.S. AHEAD OF STORM
HEAD OF I.C.E. COMES TO PHOENIX –
DEFENDS ARPAIO’S
ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION 287(g) JAIL PROGRAM
(Maricopa County, AZ) Just in front of the massive rain, Sheriff’s deputies find
29 illegal aliens trying to make their way into the country in three separate load
vehicles. Twenty six were arrested on state felony human smuggling charges and
three were turned over to ICE officials for possible deportation, Sheriff Joe
Arpaio says.

http://www.mcso.org/include/pr_pdf/morton 1-21-2010.pdf

But I cannot find where he has actually lost these cases against him, nor do I understand why if he cost the county so much money why he would get re-elected time and time again.

Forum List

Back