The Law Is The Law---christians Take Heed!!!

Mature a bit will ya? Other than my "d'oh", I am not sure how you feel that I was being everything you suggested.

this reply from you on the other hand, is exactly what you are accusing me of:

Merlin1047 said:
First off, why don't you give the shitty attitude a rest? I don't need your damn sarcasm or your air of superiority, thank you very much. If you are incapable of disagreement without antagonism then you need to get another hobby.
The only one that seems to have a problem with a differing opinion is YOU. As I pointed out, several of our founding fathers were deists. Therefore, they purposely CHOSE to avoid pigeonholing our nation into recognizing any ONE religion or God. That does not mean the country wasn't founded upon Judea/Christian values. I know that it was. However, that does not mean that in founding documents that the reference to God only stood for the "Christian" God. If you can prove that it did, please provide that proof. Please show me anything signed by all the signers that claim that the references to God in any of the founding documents strictly refers only to Christianity. Please....

freeandfun1 said:
If you can prove that it did, please provide that proof.

The burden of proof is not on me. You're the one claiming that the founding fathers had a PC philosophy and were sensitive to the needs of religions about which they were probably totally oblivious. You threw that out, so YOU prove it. So far, all I've read is your opinion.

Merlin1047 said:
The burden of proof is not on me. You're the one claiming that the founding fathers had a PC philosophy and were sensitive to the needs of religions about which they were probably totally oblivious. You threw that out, so YOU prove it. So far, all I've read is your opinion.
And all I have read is yours. So there. We're even. WOW, we both have opininions...

The start of all this was PE saying that reference to God only refer to the Christian God. If that is the case, as I pointed out already, by default that includes AT LEAST the God of the Jews too. And some would claim, the God of the Muslims. My point all along has been the references do not only refer to a "Christian" God. I have proved my point. Deists, as many of the founders were, do not believe in any one specific God. So my point stands.

Sorry if I am not bending to your desires. I, just as you, have an opinion. Last I heard, we are all allowed to have one. I presented my opinion in a thoughtful manner with some supporting evidence. The supporting evidence I provide is much more than anything you have provided. So far, all you have presented is opinion based on your interpretation of past events. You challenged me, I presented why I hold my view. You have presented nothing but more challenges. If this it to be a discussion, you should provide something more than what you have.

-Cp said:
applause.gif

:thewave: :bow3: :bow3: :bow3:

SUCK that bandwidth...it's not like YOU are paying for it...geesh..

:p

:D

:cof:

Merlin1047 said:
You're the one claiming they didn't. Please provide your proof? Or at least a thought out and intelligent opinion. Why is ALL the burden on me? It should be on us equally if we are to have an open discussion. You're too funny.

Merlin1047 said:
I can find no evidence to support your assertion that "Our forefathers understood that the peoples of this nation, even upon its founding, worshipped differing Gods." Unless you're including native Americans, the fact is that all immigrants to this country were Christian. Therefore, the subsequent statement which questions whether "In God We Trust" refers to the "Christian God" cannot hold water. It does, in fact, refer to the Christian God and no other.

Not all immigrants to this country were Christian. There were plenty of Chinese who were not Christian.
The motto "In God We Trust" didn't appear on coins until 1864. There were plenty of Chinese immigrants around at that time.

An Act of Congress, approved on April 11, 1864, authorized the coinage of two-cent coins upon which the motto first appeared.
http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/fun_facts/index.cfm?flash=yes&action=fun_facts5

Yes well, we all can say this and that, but "IN MY OPINION", the term "In God We Trust" means our "Christian" God. Back when this country was founded, all our churches were Methodist, Catholic, Lutherin, etc., all different, but all "Christian". I think to argue that "In God We Trust" means something inane that includes Budha, Druids, Allah, or any other type of religon or mythology is, well... stupid.

America is a "Christian" nation, or at least was when it was founded, and many years thereafter. This push against Christianity here in America is new, and this is where all these "new" arguements against Christianity are arising from, like, "what does In God We Trust mean"? Foolish. We should all know... IF you're an American.

woow...

Well...in my opinion, I think that it's a reference to a "christian God", at least at the beginning. But , and here I join your point of view, free, that now it can be for several religion. But only if people think it. And I think that people still think it's a christian God. Tha's what I mean ;)

I will take an other exemple for what I said before :

with all these God reference, don't you think that some atheists, some non-believers, would feel exclued from the system ? from the State ?

Because when you don't believe in God, or - it's possible - when you're polytheist, you don't really want to see always reference to God, on the coins, on the flag, on the dollars, at school every day for the speach of the morning.... et caetera...

You can drop these references without drop the feeling of religiousity and the Faith. ;)

padisha emperor said:
with all these God reference, don't you think that some atheists, some non-believers, would feel exclued from the system ? from the State ?

:gives:

Considering the liberal elite's attititude towards Christians and Christianity,
this quote from a German pastor regarding the Nazis is becoming more and more relevant as time goes on.

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.