The Law Is The Law---christians Take Heed!!!

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Subject: THE LAW IS THE LAW---CHRISTIANS TAKE HEED!!!

THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority, then so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the American Public's best interest at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, & Easter.

After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, & Easter, as well as Sundays.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break."

After all ~ it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.

It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct".

In fact.... I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God..) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the 'majority' of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT...........

Please Dear Lord, Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!

'Amen' and 'Amen'!

Touche!

applause.gif

:thewave: :bow3: :bow3: :bow3:

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Pale Rider said:
She can't think of an intelligent rebuttal because she sees the truth in the post. The double standards of those trying to squash Christianity in this country is scary, but sometimes amusing. They would rather shoot themselves in their own foot than face the consequences of their actions.

freeandfun1 said:
She can't think of an intelligent rebuttal because she sees the truth in the post. The double standards of those trying to squash Christianity in this country is scary, but sometimes amusing. They would rather shoot themselves in their own foot than face the consequences of their actions.

I have to agree with you free. Now lets see if she can rebutt what you have just said... 'intelligently'.

(Not holding my breath).

Don't you think that the government should have to be separated from the Church ? Or, at least, separated from religious references.

Why ? because politic and religion are not the best allies, it can lead to big problems.
these two things should be separated.

And also : imagine the jews or muslims : they saw that on all the US symbols, flags, coins, schools, there is a reference to God, the Christian God. then, not their Faith. Not their religion.

it can creat a feeling of exclusion, don't you think ?

I don't see the problem if some things about God are outlaws, or are suppressed.

Of course, I have my french vision, I live in a laic State (undenominational State ? - for the correct word), State and Church are separated since the law of December, the 9th, 1905.
So, no more God reference for all the State's things. And there is no major problems, all the religions are respected.

it's not because USA were founded by christians that Christianity should be for ever on the US state's things. it's not because in the DI of 1776 there is reference to God that USA are in the obligation to keep these references.

You know, FRance is the "Older Daughter of Church". And we have no more these reference in the State's things.
Even in the Declaration of the Human Beeing's and Citizen's Rights ( DDHC in French) of August, the 26th, 1789, there is a reference to a God : the Suprem Beeing. Like in the US DI of 1776.
But FRance decided to not be a catholic State or a christian State, and to be a Laic State.

It was a rupture with 1500 of tradition, since 496. The King of France was called "His Very Christian Majesty"...

So, USA could chnage some thiings, it won't be a disaster : the people who want to practice their religion in peace won't have problems ;)

padisha emperor said:
And also : imagine the jews or muslims : they saw that on all the US symbols, flags, coins, schools, there is a reference to God, the Christian God. then, not their Faith. Not their religion.

it can creat a feeling of exclusion, don't you think ?
On one hand people like you like to say, "Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the same God", yet here you say, "In God We Trust" refers to a Christian God. Well, if it does (but I don't know how you came to that conclusion, it doesn't say, "In the Christian God we Trust", isn't the Christian God the same God as the Muslims and Jews? If so, why would they be offended? Why would they care? Your argument doesn't make sense.

freeandfun1 said:
On one hand people like you like to say, "Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the same God", yet here you say, "In God We Trust" refers to a Christian God. Well, if it does (but I don't know how you came to that conclusion, it doesn't say, "In the Christian God we Trust", isn't the Christian God the same God as the Muslims and Jews? If so, why would they be offended? Why would they care? Your argument doesn't make sense.

I never said it was no tthe same God, so I'm not in contradiction with myself ;)

Of course, for a monotheist religion, if you say God, it can be for all the religions.

But people knows that in USA the "God" is the God with the christian point of view.

if the people who put these divine references were agree to say that they had the same God than Islam and Judaism....no problem.

You say "people like me" : so, I can suppose you don't think like me here, for the SAME God, uh ? So, you're agree to say tyhat it is the christian God who is mentionned. Then, even if for me there is not specially an exckusion feeling, for the people libving in States, maybe there is one, becaue if some persons say to them they have not the same God....they would fell exclued, even if a French has the opinion that this person shouldn't feel exclued.

That's why I meant : it is YOUR opinion, the US opinion who is important. And it seems to be an opinion of not common God. then, exclusion is totally possible

padisha emperor said:
I never said it was no tthe same God, so I'm not in contradiction with myself ;)

Of course, for a monotheist religion, if you say God, it can be for all the religions.

But people knows that in USA the "God" is the God with the christian point of view.

if the people who put these divine references were agree to say that they had the same God than Islam and Judaism....no problem.

You say "people like me" : so, I can suppose you don't think like me here, for the SAME God, uh ? So, you're agree to say tyhat it is the christian God who is mentionned. Then, even if for me there is not specially an exckusion feeling, for the people libving in States, maybe there is one, becaue if some persons say to them they have not the same God....they would fell exclued, even if a French has the opinion that this person shouldn't feel exclued.

That's why I meant : it is YOUR opinion, the US opinion who is important. And it seems to be an opinion of not common God. then, exclusion is totally possible
WTF? Where do I say it refers to a "Christian" God? Our forefathers understood that the peoples of this nation, even upon its founding, worshipped differing God's. Hence their leaving out the mention of any one specific religion in our founding documents. It is your OPINION that "In God We Trust" refers to the "Christian God" as you put it. You are tap dancing all around this point I have made... why? Doesn't fit too well into the tiny little box you are trying to construct? Get real.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Pale Rider said:
Subject: THE LAW IS THE LAW---CHRISTIANS TAKE HEED!!!

THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority, then so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the American Public's best interest at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, & Easter.

I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, & Easter, as well as Sundays.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break."

After all ~ it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.

It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct".

In fact.... I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God..) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the 'majority' of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT...........

Please Dear Lord, Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!

'Amen' and 'Amen'!

Touche!

Interesting proposal, but be careful of what you ask for. :terror:

Instead we need to push back these fool laws and get the libs out of office, out of our courts, out of our government, and get back to being normal freedom-loving religious Americans again.

freeandfun1 said:
WTF? Where do I say it refers to a "Christian" God? Our forefathers understood that the peoples of this nation, even upon its founding, worshipped differing God's. Hence their leaving out the mention of any one specific religion in our founding documents. It is your OPINION that "In God We Trust" refers to the "Christian God" as you put it. You are tap dancing all around this point I have made... why? Doesn't fit too well into the tiny little box you are trying to construct? Get real.

I can find no evidence to support your assertion that "Our forefathers understood that the peoples of this nation, even upon its founding, worshipped differing Gods." Unless you're including native Americans, the fact is that all immigrants to this country were Christian. Therefore, the subsequent statement which questions whether "In God We Trust" refers to the "Christian God" cannot hold water. It does, in fact, refer to the Christian God and no other.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Merlin1047 said:
I can find no evidence to support your assertion that "Our forefathers understood that the peoples of this nation, even upon its founding, worshipped differing Gods." Unless you're including native Americans, the fact is that all immigrants to this country were Christian. Therefore, the subsequent statement which questions whether "In God We Trust" refers to the "Christian God" cannot hold water. It does, in fact, refer to the Christian God and no other.
Your assumption. As you and many like to point out, Jefferson was a DEIST. D'oh! On the one hand you guys want to argue that the forefathers never intended this nation to be founded upon Christian principles, yet on the other hand you claim they did. Which is it?

Deist/Deism:

Historical and modern Deism are defined by the view that reason, rather than revelation or tradition, should be the basis of belief in God. Deists reject organized religion and promote reason as the essential element in making moral decisions. This "rational" basis was usually founded upon the cosmological argument (first cause argument), the teleological argument (argument from design), and other aspects of what was called natural religion. Deism has become identified with the classical belief that God created but does not intervene in the world, though this is not a necessary component of deism.

Deism was championed by Enlightenment thinkers such as Voltaire and some of the Founding Fathers of the United States. Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin are among the most well-known of the American founding deists. Thomas Paine published The Age of Reason, a treatise that popularized deism throughout America and Europe. Paine wrote that deism represented the application of reason to religion, finally settling problems that formerly were thought to be permanently controversial. Deists hoped to also settle religious questions permanently and scientifically by reason alone, without revelation.

freeandfun1 said:
Your assumption. As you and many like to point out, Jefferson was a DEIST. D'oh! On the one hand you guys want to argue that the forefathers never intended this nation to be founded upon Christian principles, yet on the other hand you claim they did. Which is it?

No, not my "assumption". If you can find proof to support your position, please post it. The fact that Jeffereson was a Deist has nothing whatever to do with the fundamental religious philosophy on which this nation was founded. And I'm not sure who the "you guys" to which you refer are. I do not have multiple personalities, so I suggest that when addressing my argument, you may limit yourself to addressing a single person.

Merlin1047 said:
No, not my "assumption". If you can find proof to support your position, please post it. The fact that Jefferson was a Deist has nothing whatever to do with the fundamental religious philosophy on which this nation was founded. And I'm not sure who the "you guys" to which you refer are. I do not have multiple personalities, so I suggest that when addressing my argument, you may limit yourself to addressing a single person.
I agree this nation was founded upon Judea/Christian PRINCIPALS. However, our forefathers had insight enough not to limit references to God to just a "Christian" God. What about that don't you get?

freeandfun1 said:
I agree this nation was founded upon Judea/Christian PRINCIPALS. However, our forefathers had insight enough not to limit references to God to just a "Christian" God. What about that don't you get?

First off, why don't you give the shitty attitude a rest? I don't need your damn sarcasm or your air of superiority, thank you very much. If you are incapable of disagreement without antagonism then you need to get another hobby.

Your assumption that the forefathers cared anything about Bhuddism, Hinduism, Islam, Druid, or any other religion is fundamentally flawed. I doubt very much that they knew or cared a great deal about other religions. They were Christian and that's all they cared about.

Merlin1047 said:
First off, why don't you give the shitty attitude a rest? I don't need your damn sarcasm or your air of superiority, thank you very much. If you are incapable of disagreement without antagonism then you need to get another hobby.

Your assumption that the forefathers cared anything about Bhuddism, Hinduism, Islam, Druid, or any other religion is fundamentally flawed. I doubt very much that they knew or cared a great deal about other religions. They were Christian and that's all they cared about.
Frankly, Merlin, you are the one with antagonism, sarcasm and an air of superiority. Look in the mirror.

You have your view I have mine. Get off your high-horse. Okay? Why do I need to get another hobby? Because I disagree with you? Don't think so. Thank you very much.

freeandfun1 said:
Frankly, Merlin, you are the one with antagonism, sarcasm and an air of superiority. Look in the mirror.

Really? Show me where I did anything except post a polite rebuttal to your position? I suppose you can muster about as much proof of that as you can for your basic position.

Perhaps in your view, simply disagreeing with you is antagonistic.

Forum List

Back