The LATimes Makes Fun of Him???

All we heard from the moment Obama was anointed by the DNC was how smart he was/is.

Now, reflecting back on the colossal fuck up that is the Obama administration, we must realize that he is a mere mortal?

Brilliant!

and telling what he really thinks:

New gaffe: Obama confuses Jews with janitors - latimes.com

C-Span video at link

Top of the Ticket
Political commentary from Andrew Malcolm

« Previous Post | Top of the Ticket Home | Next Post »

New gaffe: Obama confuses Jews with janitors
September 26, 2011 | 5:18 am

increase text size decrease text size

President Obama spoke to the Congressional Black Caucus awards banquet over the weekend.

Those folks will stick with him in 2012, of course.

But they've been somewhat miffed in recent months that the first post-partisan president is doing too many deals with those Republicans and seeming to give in.

So, Obama needed to give the crowd some presidential love. He even brought his wife along. As with virtually all of Obama's speeches recently, the Democrat's remarks dealt with selling his jobs legislation, as if it wasn't DOA on Capitol Hill.Obama speaks to the congressional black caucus awards banquet 9-24-11

The first black president got to reminiscing about some other struggles in the past familiar to African Americans.

His 28 minutes of remarks had a strange tone to them, as if somehow Obama was equating support for his jobs program legislation with the far more important and historic civil rights movement.

He got into the usual yada-yada about rich people paying their fair share of taxes.

And then, deep into the speech, according to the White House transcript, the president said:

When you start saying, at a time when the top one-tenth of 1 percent has seen their incomes go up four or five times over the last 20 years, and folks at the bottom have seen their incomes decline -- and your response is that you want poor folks to pay more?

Give me a break.

If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that.

That's what the transcript says he said.

Now, watch the C-SPAN video below, and listen especially to the phrase "the same tax rate as a janitor..."

Here is what the president actually said, catching himself almost in time but not quite:

If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew, uh, as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that.​

The president has been muffing lines all over the place recently. Last week, also peddling his jobs plan at a bridge that won't qualify, he hailed America's building of "the Intercontinental Railroad." You don't seem to hear much about these gaffes in the media for some reason.

Maybe in Saturday night's speech Obama was thinking about all those talks on Israel in New York.

Video of the president's full CBC speech, via C-SPAN, of course, is available right here...

Seriously, who gets janitor and Jew confused except for somebody with Jews on the brain?

Last edited:
Obama: Constitution written "20 centuries" ago - YouTube

Of course, then there are videos like that that are selectively edited to try and make Obama look like he made a mistake. Did he correct himself immediately afterward? We don't know because the video immediately cuts off. Interesting.

But even if he didn't correct himself, does anyone believe that this honestly proves Obama thinks the Constitution is 2000 years old?

He might not think that it's 2,000 years old but he definitely thinks it's too restraining in that it says too much about what the federal government can't do and doesn't say enough about what they *should* be able to do.
:eusa_shhh:

Then get a video or a quote that shows him saying that! Don't use some cheap, edited bit of video of him making a mistake as if it proves you know what Obama is thinking.

Man up!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDUWpLnS63M&feature=related]Obama on Redistribution and the Constitution - Are We Ready for Change? - YouTube[/ame]

Of course, then there are videos like that that are selectively edited to try and make Obama look like he made a mistake. Did he correct himself immediately afterward? We don't know because the video immediately cuts off. Interesting.

But even if he didn't correct himself, does anyone believe that this honestly proves Obama thinks the Constitution is 2000 years old?

He might not think that it's 2,000 years old but he definitely thinks it's too restraining in that it says too much about what the federal government can't do and doesn't say enough about what they *should* be able to do.

Then get a video or a quote that shows him saying that! Don't use some cheap, edited bit of video of him making a mistake as if it proves you know what Obama is thinking.

Man up!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_xNyrzB0xI]Barack Obama Constitution quote IN CONTEXT! - YouTube[/ame]

Man up!

Hilarious.. every Obama fuck up is a mere mistake, every Bush fuck up was evidence he was an idiot.

:lol:

The only people who call him the smartest guy ever, are "conservatives" like you who then use it as an attack on him when he isn't.

Historian Michael Beschloss was interviewed Monday on Don Imus’ radio show and he made the claim that President-elect Obama’s IQ is off the charts and that he is the smartest president we have ever had. Here is the meat of the conversation:

Historian Michael Beschloss: Yeah. Even aside from the fact of electing the first African American President and whatever one’s partisan views this is a guy whose IQ is off the charts — I mean you cannot say that he is anything but a very serious and capable leader and — you know — You and I have talked about this for years …

Imus: Well. What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: … our system doesn’t allow those people to become President, those people meaning people THAT smart and THAT capable

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Pardon?

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Uh. I would say it’s probably – he’s probably the smartest guy ever to become President.
Which president had or has the highest IQ? - Yahoo! Answers

I remember this.... Imus basically called him on it and actually said "hey, you claim he's the smartest guy, so you must know his IQ".

It was pretty funny...

Yup...and this was prior to the election, the peanut gallery split between Obama being the smartest person in the galaxy, or an emissary from God....

...and the rest of us shaking our heads so fast you could mix paint in 'em.

And that brings us to today....

Obama: Constitution written "20 centuries" ago - YouTube

And, herein lies the crux of the problem....

Obama, and his progressive predecessors, going back a century to Woodrow Wilson, beleived that the Constitution has no value:

"Justly revered as our great Constitution is, it could be stripped off and thrown aside like a garment, and the nation would still stand forth in the living vestment of flesh and sinew, warm with the heart-blood of one people, ready to recreate constitutions and laws. …" Woodrow Wilson

So...one hundred years later we have the final (one hopes) progressive!

We were told Obama is like the smartrest guy EVA....

The only people who call him the smartest guy ever, are "conservatives" like you who then use it as an attack on him when he isn't.

Really?

I need to ask you this....

Based on the fact that you are quite naive about the truth as is evident by some of the most outrageous and inaccurate things you have said in many of your posts...

Exactly why do you think you can offer others a fair debate?

That is a very prescient point....

Many of our leftie friends are not bad people....just poorly informed.

It seems that those of us on the right are aware of both sides' arguments, while many on the other side have lived in an echo chamber.

Check this out:
"Stephanopoulos appeared on The Sean Hannity Show and New York radio station WOR's The Steve Malzberg Show, where both Hannity and Malzberg suggested to Stephanopoulos that he ask Obama about Ayers."
Right-wing radio hosts suggested "damn good" Ayers question to Stephanopoulos day before Dem debate | Media Matters for America
Right-wing radio hosts suggested "damn good" Ayers question to Stephanopoulos day before Dem debate | Media Matters for America

He didn't know about Ayers!!!

and this...

CBS's Bob Schieffer on Sunday said the reason he didn't ask [0] Attorney General Eric Holder about the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case on last week's "Face the Nation" was because he didn't know about it.

Chatting with Howard Kurtz on CNN's "Reliable Sources," Schieffer said, "This all really became a story when the whistleblower came out and testified that he'd had to leave the Justice Department and so on. And, frankly, had I known about that, I would have asked the question."

His excuse?

"I was on vacation that week. This happened -- apparently, it got very little publicity. And, you know, I just didn't know about it."
Bob Schieffer: What Black Panther Story? 'I Was on Vacation' - Archive - Fox Nation

On vacation??

Forum List

Back