The latest...YET AGAIN....examples of the failure of liberalism.

Call this system what your will, either liberal or conservative, it does appear, right now, at least, to be slowly failing to serve enough of us to be healthy.

Agreed?

And if so does it really matter what we call this failing?

I must remind you guys that both people identifying themselves and liberals AND people identifying themselves are conservatives, BOTH control our nation.

So, hows'bout we just say "Our LEADERSHIP is failing us" and then we can stop playing these stupid partisan games.

Last edited:
Pick any family with kids who have paid their house payments, no ran up ridiculous debt, not cheated on each other, got an education, etc.

Lets see.....

Look at the transformation of punk kids into Marines after boot camp. The ideals of conservatism are the core of USMC boot camp. Honor, integrity, personal accountability, honesty, GET ONLY WHAT YOU EARN, morality, physical fitness, humble humility, and of course, race, ethnicity, etc, don't matter, you're all equally worthless until you prove otherwise.

More.....

Any state that is not bankrupt like California, NY, NJ, Illinois. Lets see, Utah, for one is doing really well. Wonder why?

But I like the idea of boot camp as an example. Now, imagine if USMC boot camp taught recruits to look to others for their needs. They are given their rank and honors before earning them so they'll all feel equal and have self-esteem. If something is wrong, well, blame someone else first. If you get out of shape, well, it's ok, the gov't will take care of your healthcare bills, and of course, you are special because of your race/gender/sexual orientation and you deserve special treatment because of it.

LMAO. You think Boot Camp is some sort of political indoctrination camp? Have you been paying attention for the last few weeks? Politics and the military don't mix. Furthermore, the mentality that the military is some sort of finishing school for wayword kids is foolish as well.

Furthermore, your broad sweeping generalization that self proclaimed "conservatives" are the only people who accept responsibility is absurd. This liberal paid his own way through college, served in the military, and is now paying his way through grad school. On the other hand, I can think of many self-proclaimed "conservatives" in my hometown that are mortgaged up to their eyeballs on their trailor, did not obtain an education past high school, cheated on their spouse, etc.

I can also think of many "conservatives" that play by the rules and do the "right" thing. The point is this: your broad sweeping generalizations are silly.

However, all that misses my point: what success can there be in "conservatism" at large? I mean, if you want to make you position to oppose progress, then go for it. I wouldn't call that a success though.

Ah, then as a former military man, you know the difference between talk and action. Bush called himself a conservative also, but didn't act like it. Same goes for those you describe. Being a conservative and saying you are mean two different things. Remember, it's proven science, liberalism is a mental disorder. Those mentally ill liberals may act 95% like liberals, but then claim to be conservatives and vote that way, all while acting irresponsibly, like running up huge debt, sucking off the gov't welfare nipple, immoral sexual practices, etc.

Your last line is interesting: "Oppose progress". How so? If you mean progressing our national debt and bankruptcy, yes, I oppose that.

If you mean progressing the standard of accepted sexually perverted acts that are open in our society in television and magazines, yes, I oppose it.

If you mean progressing higher the number of illegal aliens flooding into our country, yes, I oppose that and think our immigration numbers need to be controlled.

If you mean the continued progression of the downward spiral of standards of our public education system, yes, I oppose that progress also.

So, please, tell me what end result or goal do you have in mind that we should "progress" to? Because the road to it is obviously broken and we need to get back to when times were not as chaotic.......agree?

PS: And I think you mistook my military analogy. My point was the ideals and values that will make a recruit succeed in boot camp are the same that will succeed in life. Imagine on your 1st day of boot is the DI said "You are each special, here is your eagle, globe, and anchor which you are awarded by showing up, and not earned, you are all entitled to all your needs, if you mess up, don't worry, it's OK, just tell us who is to blame". No. Real life is the same. The progressive mentality leads to failure and mediocrity as a nation.

Call this system what your will, either liberal or conservative, it does appear, right now, at least, to be slowly failing to serve enough of us to be healthy.

Agreed?

And if so does it really matter what we call this failing?

I must remind you guys that both people identifying thelves and liberls or people identifying themselves are conservatives, BOTH control our nation.

Hows'bout we just say our LEADERSHIP is failing us and then we can stop playing these stupid partisan games.

True.

And you make a key point, people "identifying" themselves. Lindsey Graham, John McCain and Bush identified themselves as conservatives. They are not. Guys like them should be voted out, and the Tea Party is helping do that.

Less spending. More personal accountability and responsiblity from the people. Thats the route.

Healthcare? Yeah its a crisis. Why? In LARGE part because most Americans have become God-damn disgusting, fat lazy tubs of lard chowing down on Burger King and ice cream sandwhiches while watching American Idol. If our people.......VOLUNTARILY.....would get off their fat butts, workout, eat better, etc, then over 50% of this healthcare mess would solve itself.

But, again, that requires personal accountability and responsibility. Obama Inc. would rather say go ahead, get sloppy fat, we (the taxpayer) owe it to you to pay the med bills.

Ah, then as a former military man, you know the difference between talk and action. Bush called himself a conservative also, but didn't act like it. Same goes for those you describe. Being a conservative and saying you are mean two different things.

So who is truly conservative? This whole "no true scotsman" mentality that conservatives adopt is absurd. You guys support "conservatives" and then through them under the bus when they leave office for not being "conservative enough".

If your standards are a sliding scale, what is the point of having a standard to begin with? The concept of ideological purity is silly. People are people, and no matter who you guys elect, you aren't going to get a 100% solution. Washington is built around compromise. Limbaugh has lied to you when he says you don't have to compromise your principles.

Remember, it's proven science, liberalism is a mental disorder.

Really? "Proven" where? Is the DSM V going to have an entry for "liberalism"? I suggest you don't listen to a botanist on matters of psychiatric medicine. Michael Savage throwing out any medical diagnosis is laughable. He has never been formally trained in the medical sciences and has no license to practice medicine, let alone create bullshit diagnosis.

Those mentally ill liberals may act 95% like liberals, but then claim to be conservatives and vote that way, all while acting irresponsibly, like running up huge debt, sucking off the gov't welfare nipple, immoral sexual practices, etc.

Again with the "no true scotsman" argument. This is just really silly.

Your last line is interesting: "Oppose progress". How so? If you mean progressing our national debt and bankruptcy, yes, I oppose that.

If you mean progressing the standard of accepted sexually perverted acts that are open in our society in television and magazines, yes, I oppose it.

If you mean progressing higher the number of illegal aliens flooding into our country, yes, I oppose that and think our immigration numbers need to be controlled.

If you mean the continued progression of the downward spiral of standards of our public education system, yes, I oppose that progress also.

So, please, tell me what end result or goal do you have in mind that we should "progress" to? Because the road to it is obviously broken and we need to get back to when times were not as chaotic.......agree?

I think the larger problem is that terms like "liberal" and "conservative" really have no meaning anymore. They've been so watered down in our political discourse that they are just simplistic labels. You have reiterated that fact by denouncing a slew of conservatives. So what really is a conservative?

PS: And I think you mistook my military analogy. My point was the ideals and values that will make a recruit succeed in boot camp are the same that will succeed in life. Imagine on your 1st day of boot is the DI said "You are each special, here is your eagle, globe, and anchor which you are awarded by showing up, and not earned, you are all entitled to all your needs, if you mess up, don't worry, it's OK, just tell us who is to blame". No. Real life is the same. The progressive mentality leads to failure and mediocrity as a nation.

As if the concept of cause and effect is inherent to "conservatism".

Forum List

Back