The latest...YET AGAIN....examples of the failure of liberalism.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
NYT: Illinois facing fiscal 'disaster' - Business - The New York Times - msnbc.com

Now Illinois is going bankrupt. Pensions. Welfare. Liberalism in general. "Crisis" and "Chaos". In Obama's adopted home state? No way. Yes way.

It's yet another example of the failure of liberalism. And BEFORE we get the mandatory 40 posts from liberals cut-and-pasting "You had 8 years your way" or "Bush caused it" let me restate a previous statement I made:

Liberalism is the problem. It comes in many forms. From a teacher, a politician, a professor, a businessman, or a jobless protestor. It comes in all colors, red, blue and especially green. And liberalism comes with a "D"....AND...an "R" next to it sometimes. George W. Bush was in name a Republican, but mostly in action a liberal. Too much spending. Open borders.

So, now back to the point. We've seen liberalism accelerate since 1990. And it's rotting our country to death from the local level, to state level, to national level, to eventually global levels.

Yet, soft hearted libs will cry, ala Nancy Pelosi, about the horrors and shock of stopping unemployment checks. Well, folks, we're broke. Those people may have to move home with their parents and work in a multi-family home to get by. They may have to cancel their cable bill and cell phones. Sell a car and carpool. Or......God forbid.......they may have to settle for one of those jobs "Americans won't do" that we supposedly needed the 20 million illegal immigrants to come here and take, right?

Oh, and PS: Any sports fans notice how liberal tax policies are affecting the NBA? Yep. Lebron James, the current mega-star of the NBA, is shopping for a new team to play for. He'll make millions anywhere, but Jersey and Miami are selling him on the lower taxes ploy. Reportedly, in a 5 year deal, he'll bank an extra $15 million just from saved taxes by playing for Miami instead of NY.

NOW, apply the NBA/James situation to a state trying to lure a big-name company with 5,000 good jobs to their state. Wouldn't it help if they had lower taxes?

Failures of liberalism?

American Revolution
Abolition of Slavery
Womans rights
Worker protection
End of Child Labor
Civil Rights
Environmental Protections
Gay Rights

ALL were fought by the Conseratives of their day

Failures of liberalism?

American Revolution
Abolition of Slavery
Womans rights
Worker protection
End of Child Labor
Civil Rights
Gay Rights

And most are being fought against by the liberals of our current day.

And since you are bringing these up, let me delve into it:

American Revolution? That was the very ideal of conservatism. No more tyrannical taxes. Freedom. Less government. Exact opposite of liberalism.

Slavery? Republican party freed the slaves. The WHITE men of America wanted to free them also. Current liberals want people to become slaves to the government. Government vs Plantation Boss. No difference anymore.

Woman's Rights? Yes, a failure of liberalism. Why? Because it is inconsistent and contradictory. Don't believe it? Just look at the treatment of Sarah Palin and Nikki Haley, and see the response from far left womans rights groups. Lack of consistency = failure.

Worker Protection? Wouldnt a sealed border protect worker's jobs and salaries? I bet a lot of Americans today would "Do the jobs Americans won't do" as the phrase was in 2005 if immigrants hadn't taken those jobs first, right? Want to protect American worker? Stop illegal immigration.

End Child Labor? Im fine with that. Obama should scold China for it's continued use. He wont.

Civil Rights? You gotta be kidding me, right? Liberal "civil rights" has turned our country into a population of a thousand sub-groups, each with their own right to victimhood. We have began treating each other with less respect and equality, not more. It's because of the libs clinging to the victimhood mentality for each subgroup. Failure.

Environmental Protection? You tried to sell our country away on the hoax of global warming. Get the f**k out of here with that.

And finally, Gay Rights. Well, Obama has had total power for 1.5 years now and no action on that. And Clinton passed Don't Ask Don't Tell. Hey, liberal California voted DOWN gay marriage. So, the way I see it, the only ones to blame is yourselves.

Meanwhile.....

Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, WELFARE, social entitlements, "green" energy funding, Fannie and Freddie Mac, all continue to bankrupt us.

Liberalism is a failed and dangerous ideology.

Bucs, the prime example of Conservative empty headedness.

New GI Bill.

Health Care Bill

Financial Regulations.

Taking the Banks out of the college loans

All good, and all fought by the cretins on the right.

You can look forward to cap and trade, then the shutting down of major CO2 emitters as the climate change becomes more evident and extreme.

Our President will probably appoint two, mybe, three more Supreme Court Justices before 2016. You will enjoy his choices.

Failures of liberalism?

American Revolution
Abolition of Slavery
Womans rights
Worker protection
End of Child Labor
Civil Rights
Gay Rights

Don't confuse freedom and modern liberalism

American Revolution? That was the very ideal of conservatism. No more tyrannical taxes. Freedom. Less government. Exact opposite of liberalism.

The founding fathers were the ultimate liberals of their day. Can you imagine believing that "All men are created equal"???

What nonsense! Everyone knows that royalty is created to rule. Everyone knows the working class are not capable of deciding important issues.....THAT was the conservative of the day

Slavery? Republican party freed the slaves. The WHITE men of America wanted to free them also. Current liberals want people to become slaves to the government. Government vs Plantation Boss. No difference anymore.

Once again confusing the concept of Republican and conservative. Conservatives of the day wanted each state to decide how its people should be treated. Abolitionists were the ultimate liberals of their day. Once again acknowleging that "all men are created equal"

Woman's Rights? Yes, a failure of liberalism. Why? Because it is inconsistent and contradictory. Don't believe it? Just look at the treatment of Sarah Palin and Nikki Haley, and see the response from far left womans rights groups. Lack of consistency = failure.

Womans rights a FAILURE?
Allowing women to vote was a FAILURE? Equal pay for equal work was a FAILURE?

Palin and Haley are treated like they are because they have equal rights. They chose to get involved in the political process. As such, they are treated just like men

Civil Rights? You gotta be kidding me, right? Liberal "civil rights" has turned our country into a population of a thousand sub-groups, each with their own right to victimhood. We have began treating each other with less respect and equality, not more. It's because of the libs clinging to the victimhood mentality for each subgroup. Failure.

Civil Rights was a FAILURE? The right to vote was a failure? Equal access to public education and public services was a failure?

Population of a thousand subgroups? Are you kidding me? What did we have before the civil rights movement? Everyone was assigned to a group. You were Black, White, Jewish, Itallian, Irish, Oriental...

Depending on which group you belonged to you were treated differently

NYT: Illinois facing fiscal 'disaster' - Business - The New York Times - msnbc.com

Now Illinois is going bankrupt. Pensions. Welfare. Liberalism in general. "Crisis" and "Chaos". In Obama's adopted home state? No way. Yes way.

It's yet another example of the failure of liberalism. And BEFORE we get the mandatory 40 posts from liberals cut-and-pasting "You had 8 years your way" or "Bush caused it" let me restate a previous statement I made:

Liberalism is the problem. It comes in many forms. From a teacher, a politician, a professor, a businessman, or a jobless protestor. It comes in all colors, red, blue and especially green. And liberalism comes with a "D"....AND...an "R" next to it sometimes. George W. Bush was in name a Republican, but mostly in action a liberal. Too much spending. Open borders.

So, now back to the point. We've seen liberalism accelerate since 1990. And it's rotting our country to death from the local level, to state level, to national level, to eventually global levels.

Yet, soft hearted libs will cry, ala Nancy Pelosi, about the horrors and shock of stopping unemployment checks. Well, folks, we're broke. Those people may have to move home with their parents and work in a multi-family home to get by. They may have to cancel their cable bill and cell phones. Sell a car and carpool. Or......God forbid.......they may have to settle for one of those jobs "Americans won't do" that we supposedly needed the 20 million illegal immigrants to come here and take, right?

Oh, and PS: Any sports fans notice how liberal tax policies are affecting the NBA? Yep. Lebron James, the current mega-star of the NBA, is shopping for a new team to play for. He'll make millions anywhere, but Jersey and Miami are selling him on the lower taxes ploy. Reportedly, in a 5 year deal, he'll bank an extra $15 million just from saved taxes by playing for Miami instead of NY.

NOW, apply the NBA/James situation to a state trying to lure a big-name company with 5,000 good jobs to their state. Wouldn't it help if they had lower taxes?

I love the way the word "liberal" has come to mean anything some of us do not like.

I can remember when that's what the word "conservative" meant, too.

Wrong in both cases, of course.

Environmental Protection? You tried to sell our country away on the hoax of global warming. Get the f**k out of here with that.

Yes, yes....Global warming is a hoax just like cigarettes causing cancer was a hoax

Conservatives fought hard to protect businesses from those pesky environmental laws.....You want to dump toxic waste right into the river? Go ahead....it will save jobs and allow you to make more money

And finally, Gay Rights. Well, Obama has had total power for 1.5 years now and no action on that. And Clinton passed Don't Ask Don't Tell. Hey, liberal California voted DOWN gay marriage. So, the way I see it, the only ones to blame is yourselves.

Oh yes...save the best for last
Conservatives thinking you should allow 95% of the population to vote on what rights 5% of the population should have. Conservatives believing that gays are asking for the treatment they receive.

"If only they would go away...we wouldn't have any problems with them"

The founding fathers were the ultimate liberals of their day. Can you imagine believing that "All men are created equal"???

What nonsense! Everyone knows that royalty is created to rule. Everyone knows the working class are not capable of deciding important issues.....THAT was the conservative of the day

You are confusing "liberalism" with "libertarianism". You think the Founding Fathers would approve a law banning trans fat, salt, sugar, soda, etc?? The gov't telling them what they can and can't eat? You think the Founding Fathers would approve of the gov't FORCING them by threat of imprisonment and/or fine to purchase something from a private company? Thats modern liberalism. Not libertarianism. Your ideology hijacked the word "liberal" because in truth it stands for the exact opposite of what your ideology strives for: Total government control.

And yes, I believe in all men are created equal. Thats why I loath affirmative action. I loath all racial and ethnic based sub-groups, such as Miss (fill in race) USA pageants, or the (Fill in Race)-Scholarship Fund. Thats why I hate preaching victimhood to subgroups, a tried and true liberal practice, because I believe all people have the ability to thrive in any situation if they work hard enough. But liberals, modern day ones, want people to feel oppressed and rely only on the government to "save" them. It's why I dislike hate crime legislation. A murder of a black man is = to that of any other man. Right? Modern liberals treat the population as anything BUT equals.

Read your last line. "Royalty was created to rule". Isn't that ironic? How liberals passed healthcare despite over 50% of Americans being against it? How they're leaving the border open despite over 65% wanting it sealed immediately? Liberal icon Bill Mahr said it best, defining liberal ideology, when he said Americans are too stupid to know whats good for them and Obama should just "drag us to" where we need to go.

Catch the drift now?

Civil Rights was a FAILURE? The right to vote was a failure? Equal access to public education and public services was a failure?

Population of a thousand subgroups? Are you kidding me? What did we have before the civil rights movement? Everyone was assigned to a group. You were Black, White, Jewish, Itallian, Irish, Oriental...

Depending on which group you belonged to you were treated differently

Re-read your post. "Everyone was assigned to a group". Depending on what group....treated differently.

Wow. Amazing. You have no clue do you? Isn't that EXACTLY, I mean to an exact definition, of how modern liberals see our population now? We are ALL assigned a sub-group and treated accordingly by liberals. I can't even begin to list all the ethnic and racial subgroups liberals have to ID themselves, and of course, by being a small sub-group they can claim oppression, thus, victim rights. NOTHING has change, it's only gotten worse, thanks to libs.

Conservatives thinking you should allow 95% of the population to vote on what rights 5% of the population should have. Conservatives believing that gays are asking for the treatment they receive.

Hmmmm...........so I assume you would rather have a dictator like government that would simply change the laws, WITHOUT a vote on it and AGAINST the 50%+ will of the people, right?

Come on now, you MUST be consistent to be taken seriously. Which is it:

1) The law change should be voted on by the people, and the vote will determine the law. Democracy, right?

or

2) A government strongman will see the vote, not like how it turned out, and simply over-rule the vote and with the stroke of his pen change the law to his liking. Sort of like Iran and Cuba.

So, which is it? Do you like how California handled gay rights or not? As a conservative, I'd rather put it up to the vote of the people. I personally am not against gay marriage, but I'm for the people's vote. So, if they vote the law change so be it. I believe in democracy. You, on the other hand, I must assume are more like Bill Mahr. When the vote doesn't turn out your way, you'd rather "drag them to it" against their will, dictator style, to what you believe they are too stupid to know is right. Correct?

Hmmmm...........so I assume you would rather have a dictator like government that would simply change the laws, WITHOUT a vote on it and AGAINST the 50%+ will of the people, right?

1) The law change should be voted on by the people, and the vote will determine the law. Democracy, right?

or

2) A government strongman will see the vote, not like how it turned out, and simply over-rule the vote and with the stroke of his pen change the law to his liking. Sort of like Iran and Cuba.

So, which is it? Do you like how California handled gay rights or not? As a conservative, I'd rather put it up to the vote of the people. I personally am not against gay marriage, but I'm for the people's vote. So, if they vote the law change so be it. I believe in democracy. You, on the other hand, I must assume are more like Bill Mahr. When the vote doesn't turn out your way, you'd rather "drag them to it" against their will, dictator style, to what you believe they are too stupid to know is right. Correct?

You can't have 95% of the population voting on what rights the remaining 5% is allowed to have. That is not what our country was founded on and the reason we hae a judicial system....to protect the rights of the 5%

With blacks comprising 12% of the population....did we get to vote on what rights blacks were allowed to have. None of the rights acheived by blacks were acheived through the voting process

Bucs, the prime example of Conservative empty headedness.

New GI Bill.

Health Care Bill

Financial Regulations.

Taking the Banks out of the college loans

All good, and all fought by the cretins on the right.

You can look forward to cap and trade, then the shutting down of major CO2 emitters as the climate change becomes more evident and extreme.

Our President will probably appoint two, mybe, three more Supreme Court Justices before 2016. You will enjoy his choices.

Hmmm......you are quite a case study of liberal brainwashing gone bad. But, I'll respond fairly.

GI Bill- Great for troops, but again, we're broke.
Healthcare Bill- Will bankrupt this country and destroy our healthcare system.
Financial Regulation- Will push investors out of our country. But, not that bad of legislation really.
Banks out of Student Loans- Government has total control over student loans. Yeah. THAT is gonna turn out to be good and efficient:eek:

And finally, Cap and Trade- Will again bankrupt us, is based on hoax theory, and worst of all, it's going to cripple our economy even more. Won't pass of course, but in theory, it would destroy us.

So, the overwhelming message is this, to you: WHO IS GONNA PAY FOR IT?

You liberals can't seem to grasp that money doesn't grow on trees. Inflation is a real threat, so we can't just keep printing it. You can see examples worldwide, and in our own country with state governments, of liberal ideology failing, constantly, and bankrupting governments that the parasite of liberalism has latched onto. Why you folks can't grasp that concept baffles me, but again, if you had any common sense......you wouldn't be a liberal.

The law change should be voted on by the people, and the vote will determine the law. Democracy, right?

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for supper

This is why we do not have an absolute democracy

or

You can't have 95% of the population voting on what rights the remaining 5% is allowed to have. That is not what our country was founded on and the reason we hae a judicial system....to protect the rights of the 5%

With blacks comprising 12% of the population....did we get to vote on what rights blacks were allowed to have. None of the rights acheived by blacks were acheived through the voting process

Oh REALLY? Well, lets see, when the left voted in Obama, they voted in massive tax hikes on the 5% of the wealthy in this country. So, yes, in fact, 95% of us did vote for what 5% can and can't have, didn't we?

You say "none of the rights acheived by blacks were achieved through the voting process"????? The Civil Rights Act. Was that or wasn't it voted upon? Remember that pesky "representative democracy" debate you had on another thread? Well, ding ding ding!!! There it is! Rights for blacks WERE voted on. Oh, and without the Republican Party, that billed wouldn't have passed.

But, you answered my question. You say if 5% of people want something, the other 95% "can't" vote on whether they get it or not. So if only some of that 5% could get into power, they could just dictate what the other 95% will live with right?

You have just displayed the exact mentality of the modern liberal. That the other 95% of us just don't get it, just don't know what is good for society, and can't be trusted with a vote on issues. A dictator would suit us better, since "95% of us can't vote on what the other 5% get".

And it's so evident that ideology, as the rumors of Obama wanting an executive order granting amnesty to illegals is floating, and liberals nationwide are supporting it. Why? Well, illegals make up only about 5% of our population. And we surely can't let "95% of the population vote on what the other 5% get", so...................we must need a wise, liberal strongman to simply dictate through power what is right and noble.

I'm glad you confirmed what those in the conservative movement feared. I applaud you, as you were consistent and honest. That describes the two general "sides" well. Can 95% of people vote on an issue the other 5% want? I say yes. You say no.

Democracy vs Dictatorship.

Take your side folks, thats our reality of choices in today's politics. Rightwinger just displayed it.

Forum List

Back