The Latest IAEA Iran Report

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DeadCanDance, Nov 17, 2007.

1. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Highlights:

-IAEA has been able to confirm that no declared nuclear materials have been diverted to any alleged weapons program. In fact, no evidence of a nuclear weapons program has currently been found to exist.

-Iran continues to enrich uranium, in defiance of UN Security Council Resolution.

-IAEA carried out seven unannounced inspections of Iranian centrifuge cascade assemblies, and confirmed that Iran is currently only able to enrich uranium to 4% purity. Which is barely useful for civilian grade applications, and far below enrichment needed for nuclear weapons.

-Iran's cooperation has been mixed. Generally, Iran has provided sufficient and timely cooperation with IAEA inspectors. IAEA notes however, that the cooperation is reactive, and not proactive.

-A couple of outstanding issues remain, which IAEA seeks to address with Iran in the next few weeks. Having to do with increasing transparency of the entire scope and history of the iranian nuclear program. One, is if there is, or ever has been, alleged studies or research Iran has done with regard to nuclear weaponry. And two, IAEA needs further corroborations with regard to the P-1 and P-2 centrifuges and current enrichment activities, to build more confidence that there is complete tranparency and so that IAEA can determine that the program is completely civilian in nature, and there are no activites that could have military implications.

http://www.isis-online.org/publications/iran/IranIAEAreportNov15.pdf

I'm still not seeing a reason to bomb or go to war with them yet.

Aggressive diplomacy and inspections appears to be the prudent approach.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Fine. Email Bush: whitehouse.gov

3. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Why? BushCo. hates Mohamed ElBaradi and the IAEA. BushCo. lied about Iraq's alleged nuclear program, and Bush supporters were enraged that everything ElBaradei said about iraq's nuclear activities were true. And everything BushCo. said was wrong. BushCo doesn't care what IAEA says.

I think its more prudent to email Congress, to keep pressure on Bush to stop him from going to war with Iran. Unless and until an imminent threat, and evidence merits it.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Fine email all the members of Congress. Try the SCOTUS. Whatever.

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,358
    Do you realize that you make yourself sound like a little kid right now?

You have no refute for it, so you stomp your feet and get an attitude. What a juvenile way to include yourself in this thread.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    There is no refute for children, let them learn the hard way. Write, email, fax, phone, what have you.

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,358
    Children. How ironic.

Anyway though, you admit that the people have no voice in our government anymore?

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    LOL, in one of my frequent moments of cynicism, where?

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,358
    Kathianne come on you're KILLING me! You've been making a little more cognitive sense lately, so I've been haveing dialogue with you, but now you've been losing it again.

This is my question:

And this is your answer:

WTF???

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Seriously sir, you do not make sense. Where I'm asking did I imply or say that people in the US have no input in our system? If I did it was inadvertant and would have to be in a pique at some stupidity. If you were to go back to posts regarding the votes on amnesty plans, you'd find I'd argue strongly the opposite.