The last time The Beatles ever played together as a group

It was the Ed Sullivan show and the performed Revolution.

You mean the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, not Ed Sullivan, but that was made in '68. The way the question is worded I assume it includes studio recording, the last of which involving all four was "Because" in early August '69. The last recording that did not involve all four, and the only recording done in the 1970s, was "I Me Mine" done by Harrison, McCartney and Starr in January 1970 in order to have the song recorded for the film "Let it Be".

The last live performance, rather than recording, would be of course the rooftop "concert" which was 30 January 1969. I once tallied up how many live performances the Beatles did in their entire existence. I forget what it was but it was several thousand.

And the last recording all four of them did where one was time-shifted from beyond the grave was of course "Real Love", finished off in February 1995.

Trivia question: Lennon's "Give Peace a Chance" was recorded onsite in a Montreal hotel room in 1969 featuring Lennon leading a room full of singers, someone banging on a makeshift drum, Lennon's guitar and a second person on guitar. Who played the second guitar? Answer below...
Tom Smothers

Forum List

Back