The Last Third of Life

jan

Silver Member
Jun 21, 2009
So...it occurs to me that I'm probably in my last third of life and frankly, I'm not looking forward to it much. I mean what is there to look forward to anyway? Downsizing, streamlining, simplifying, planning for death, thinking about where you want to be buried...or maybe cremated, getting ill and possibly losing mobility, etc. Basically, it sucks!

The childhood years...oh those were fun! Growing, learning, goofing off, etc! The world was our oyster...just waiting to reveal it's pearl to us! Young adult...yeah, those were good too! Healthy, young, vibrant, looking forward to placing a mark on the world, etc. The kids came along, the house and furnishings, yeah it was all about growth! Even the middle years still had something to reach for...financial stability, vacations, getting the kids through college, etc. But now...with the final third...what is there that's tangible to reach for?

For years and years we boomers led the pack! Where we went and what we did affected the entire economy! It seems as if we're being phased out just as easily as the generations before us were. Our multitudes have become meaningless in our direction, impact and social reformation. It's all about the millenials now while the boomers are pushed aside in the workplace, sometimes being forced into an early retirement in lieu of a cheaper workforce chomping at the bit.

Anything boomer related these days speaks of downer stuff...aging, health issues, retirement (read "fixed income"), etc. No growth, a lack of money and resources, downsizing and death. Oh joy!!! Don't ya just feel the energy rising when thinking about that last third of life? NOT!!!

So...what's the point of the last third of life anyway? Planning a good death? To die well...what does that really even mean?

I am well into my last third of my life. I enjoy myself and my family. I drink good wine, I drink some damned good Scotch, I listen to music, I read, in other words I live my life to the fullest possible. At the end of the day I have a few more aches than I used too, but so what? We are on this planet for a vanishingly short period. ENJOY IT!

I am well into my last third of my life. I enjoy myself and my family. I drink good wine, I drink some damned good Scotch, I listen to music, I read, in other words I live my life to the fullest possible. At the end of the day I have a few more aches than I used too, but so what? We are on this planet for a vanishingly short period. ENJOY IT!

I'll be damned, you and I posted at almost the same second, but excluding the fucking part, our posts are almost identical....

wow.....

I'll be damned, you and I posted at almost the same second, but excluding the fucking part, our posts are almost identical....

wow.....
Copy cat with a fast hard drive speed..

wow.....

I only have one woman I wish to make love too, and we do it frequently!

wow.....

I was first by a minute!

I'm gettin' ready to hit the road for some trailer trash hunnys....just imagine them 25 years younger, well make it 30....

So...it occurs to me that I'm probably in my last third of life and frankly, I'm not looking forward to it much. I mean what is there to look forward to anyway? Downsizing, streamlining, simplifying, planning for death, thinking about where you want to be buried...or maybe cremated, getting ill and possibly losing mobility, etc. Basically, it sucks!

The childhood years...oh those were fun! Growing, learning, goofing off, etc! The world was our oyster...just waiting to reveal it's pearl to us! Young adult...yeah, those were good too! Healthy, young, vibrant, looking forward to placing a mark on the world, etc. The kids came along, the house and furnishings, yeah it was all about growth! Even the middle years still had something to reach for...financial stability, vacations, getting the kids through college, etc. But now...with the final third...what is there that's tangible to reach for?

For years and years we boomers led the pack! Where we went and what we did affected the entire economy! It seems as if we're being phased out just as easily as the generations before us were. Our multitudes have become meaningless in our direction, impact and social reformation. It's all about the millenials now while the boomers are pushed aside in the workplace, sometimes being forced into an early retirement in lieu of a cheaper workforce chomping at the bit.

Anything boomer related these days speaks of downer stuff...aging, health issues, retirement (read "fixed income"), etc. No growth, a lack of money and resources, downsizing and death. Oh joy!!! Don't ya just feel the energy rising when thinking about that last third of life? NOT!!!
Learn to appreciate life. Look forward to new experiences. Pass along the years of experience and knowledge to others. Enjoy the stress free life without worrying about taking care of kids. Enjoy your new found freedom. Meet people, make friends, get involved in activities or hobbies. Have friends over for a cook-out, have a community bake sale, go fishing, camping, travel, and see the world that you've never been able to experience. Be thankful each day that you wake up above ground. Put the past behind you and live for today. Get excited over something, laugh, and enjoy the time you have left. I'll be glad to counsel you if you want it. It's a free service. I do it for others all the time.

wow.....

I only have one woman I wish to make love too, and we do it frequently!

:thup:

wow.....

I was first by a minute!

Neenerneenerneener!!!

:lol:

Yeah it doesnt make for a very good reality show, would they call it .333?

Yeah it doesnt make for a very good reality show, would they call it .333?

Nope.

".618 - you have now passed the golden mean!"

Learn to appreciate life. Look forward to new experiences. Pass along the years of experience and knowledge to others. Enjoy the stress free life without worrying about taking care of kids. Enjoy your new found freedom. Meet people, make friends, get involved in activities or hobbies. Have friends over for a cook-out, have a community bake sale, go fishing, camping, travel, and see the world that you've never been able to experience. Be thankful each day that you wake up above ground. Put the past behind you and live for today. Get excited over something, laugh, and enjoy the time you have left. I'll be glad to counsel you if you want it. It's a free service. I do it for others all the time.

And while I appreciate that offer, it occurs to me how absolutely pathetic I probably sound! Hmmmmm....one more thing.

Forum List

Back