The Last Thing I wanted To See

Big Bird, the iconic figure from Sesame Street standing in a bread line, hungry because taxpayer dollars will no longer support PBS...

Do you not realize the Sesame Street brand is worth a fortune?

Do you really believe Sesame Street would fold without taxpayer support?

Not too bright of you...

Big Bird, the iconic figure from Sesame Street standing in a bread line, hungry because taxpayer dollars will no longer support PBS...

Not too bright of you...

Let the private sector take over Sesame St., ehhh? :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktNWXXoSvn8]Big Bird Sings About Unemployment 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Not too bright of you...

Let the private sector take over Sesame St., ehhh? :cool:

"Take over"? What are you talking about? PBS has to BEG Sesame Street to stay with the network each time their contract comes up for renewal. Sesame Street would THRIVE in the free market.

But hey, let's keep spending money we don't have because why? Profits make you feel yucky? Please.

My, the Governor has great ambition. President Obama got Bin Laden, and Romney promises us if he gets elected, he will get Big Bird.

Yeah...The bird who took in nearly $45 million in licensing royalties last year is gonna be in the soup line. :rolleyes:

PBS President Paula Kerger made $632,233 last year off shows like Sesame Street. Clearly, taxpayer funds are not required.

Hey, I thought these Leftists hated the 1%? :eusa_whistle:

Not too bright of you...

Dude, it was s-a-r-c-a-s-m. Lighten up.....:eusa_whistle:
PBS gets very little as a percentage of it's total bottom line from the feds, I too, am good without the funding. We shouldn't be funding that station....

mike100712.jpg
http://blogs.ajc.com/mike-luckovich/2012/10/05/107-mike-luckovich-cartoon-big-bird/

Forum List

Back