The Last Samurai

no kidding?
I'll have to check it out... people have been buzzing about it recently.

He said (he=DK) that it was the best movie he's seen since Braveheart.

If you think Tom Cruise is a dork, and can't stand to watch him, is he bearable in this movie?

-I was able to sit through him being in Minority Report, but is took effort.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
If you can make it through the first 20 minutes of him then you'll be fine.

Then next time I get a movie, I will look into this one. Thanks!

is it horribly graphic? I'm intrigued by the culture of the time period but I will be the first to admit that I am a wimp. I actually had to stay at my parents house one night when Jimmy was out of town and I had just had the baby...they came over and we watched a movie and I got the heebie jeebies.

I'm embarassed to say it was Frequency!

theres some blood, not alot of gore though. It's got its share of violence, obviously, since it deals with war.

Just watched this last night. It was pretty good. Nothing to rave over I dont think. I think the reason I didnt like it more was BECAUSE of Tom Cruise. I really think he over acts in alot of his movies lately.

Moi, I think you will be fine in this movie. Not alot of gore at all. There is some blood sprays...but thats about it I think.

granted, tom cruise would not have been my first choice to play this character, but despite negative thinking about tom cruise this was a damn fine movie. would have liked to have seen hugh jackman play the lead role, that would have been even better.

A couple of things about Tom Cruise in this movie, did you notice how short he was? And also I believe another actor would have been better cast for the part, Dennis Quad perhaps. The cinematography was stunning in the movie, just beautiful.

Of course my wife would have perferred Hugh Jackman. We will probably go see Van Heilsing soon.

Welcome Patriot!!

Mtn.. DONT GO SEE THAT MOVIE!!! My wife just saw it...and she said it was horrible...and she LOVES vampires and the such. She even LOVES cheesey movies and said this one was over the top cheese!!

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Thanks Jackass, but too late. Saw Van Helsing tonight and your wife is correct. Rather fake and over the top.

Yup. Was just listening to Siskel and .... whoever that other person is with him now days, and they other guy said it was the stupidest thing he's seen in years.

Forum List

Back