The last landslide mandate win

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Probably Reagan in 1984.

If not that - Nixon in 72.

And before that - LBJ in 64.

My point is: there are no mandates anymore - we need compromise.

Fine. GOP, compromise. One dollar in spending cuts, one dollar in increased taxes.

I would be happy with a two to one compromise. Two dollars in spending cuts for every dollar in tax increases. As the economy recovers, revenue will increase naturally, so we don't need as much in tax increases as we do in spending cuts. On the flipside, spending will drop off as more Americans go back to work. The problem on the spending side is that there is nothing that will stop the growth in Medicare and SS spending. Those need to be addressed long term or taxes will have to go up dramatically.

You know it was a 9 to 1 compromise, which favors the republicans. But they acted like they were in high school and signed a pledge to never raise a new tax ever in any position they hold.

Probably Reagan in 1984.

If not that - Nixon in 72.

And before that - LBJ in 64.

My point is: there are no mandates anymore - we need compromise.

I think we agree on this one. The GOP machine has to do some learning about electoral vote targeting next time.

The growth of the Hispanic and black population in relationship to the white is of more concern I would figure but hey, if the party of Lincoln can do what they did to turn 90% of blacks Democrat perhaps they can get 25% of them back.

Forum List

Back