The Last Days of the Pompous POTUS

It is time for this thread!! The end is near! This will be the thread where we track his inevitable fall from grace-if in fact he ever has any grace. The Trump presidency is circling the drain . While I am by no means thrilled at the prospect of a President Pence, he, at least will not be a daily embarrassment to our country who alienates allies and is a patsy for enemies .

Then again, Pence might be dirty also. So if he goes down, then what? Oh shit Paul Ryan! He is a piece of shit too, but at least, like Pence, and unlike Trump, he is not diarrhea .

This is a great article that I came upon today, and will not post selected excerpts:

The Death Rattle Of The Trump Presidency Has Begun | HuffPost

It’s now over but the shouting. It began the moment charges moved from unnamed sources in the New York Times and the Washington Post to the desk of Robert Mueller III, the former Director of the FBI, now the Special Counsel. It began the moment a counterintelligence investigation became a criminal matter. It accelerated further once a “person of interest” was identified by the FBI, with parlor betting believing that its Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of the president.

The end began when the adults took over the investigation and now the only thing that remains are dates and times of the final resignation.
It is sounding a lot like the Nixon shit storm

White House staff members will soon lawyer up and it’s only a matter of time before more beans are spilled because rats rarely climb onto a sinking ship. As my one friend in law enforcement once said, “nothing makes a white-collar suspect break into a sweat like the words ‘you have the right to remain silent.’”
Trump has a lot in common with Nixon in terms of personality. The difference is that Nixon was smarter, which does not bode well for the Rotund Orange Ogre

Just as Nixon’s behavior became his own worst enemy, Trump’s behavior of early hour tweeting has served to be his undoing.

The new special counsel, Robert Mueller III, is a different sort of breed. He is not like Ken Starr, who authorized the bodice-ripping Starr Report near 20 years ago in 1998, which cleared Bill Clinton of everything, but for lying about the act of consensual sex with an intern. It was Mueller, who alongside then-acting Attorney General James Comey, who stood down the Bush White House in 2004 over a reauthorizing warrantless wiretapping program. He was prepared to walk away from the FBI directorship because of principal and protest.

They say that the White House is a ship that leaks from the top, but this current White House is leaking like a sieve. Stories published in The New York Times or The Washington Post have been confirmed by large numbers of unnamed White House sources, far more than what took place in Watergate. However, what is most apparent is that after only several months of this administration, the nation is simply too exhausted and policymakers are wondering what shoe will drop next. This is not how superpowers are supposed to behave.

People forget that it was Nixon’s personality, his penchant for secrecy, his desire to strike out at enemies perceived as well as real, and his paranoia about others that led to his downfall. It was Nixon’s personality that drove Watergate and it was Nixon’s behavior which led to his downfall.

I didn't forget. I lived through it,

It is time for this thread!! The end is near! This will be the thread where we track his inevitable fall from grace-if in fact he ever has any grace. The Trump presidency is circling the drain . While I am by no means thrilled at the prospect of a President Pence, he, at least will not be a daily embarrassment to our country who alienates allies and is a patsy for enemies .

Then again, Pence might be dirty also. So if he goes down, then what? Oh shit Paul Ryan! He is a piece of shit too, but at least, like Pence, and unlike Trump, he is not diarrhea .

This is a great article that I came upon today, and will not post selected excerpts:

It’s now over but the shouting. It began the moment charges moved from unnamed sources in the New York Times and the Washington Post to the desk of Robert Mueller III, the former Director of the FBI, now the Special Counsel. It began the moment a counterintelligence investigation became a criminal matter. It accelerated further once a “person of interest” was identified by the FBI, with parlor betting believing that its Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of the president.

The end began when the adults took over the investigation and now the only thing that remains are dates and times of the final resignation.

White House staff members will soon lawyer up and it’s only a matter of time before more beans are spilled because rats rarely climb onto a sinking ship. As my one friend in law enforcement once said, “nothing makes a white-collar suspect break into a sweat like the words ‘you have the right to remain silent.’”
Trump has a lot in common with Nixon in terms of personality. The difference is that Nixon was smarter, which does not bode well for the Rotund Orange Ogre

Just as Nixon’s behavior became his own worst enemy, Trump’s behavior of early hour tweeting has served to be his undoing.

The new special counsel, Robert Mueller III, is a different sort of breed. He is not like Ken Starr, who authorized the bodice-ripping Starr Report near 20 years ago in 1998, which cleared Bill Clinton of everything, but for lying about the act of consensual sex with an intern. It was Mueller, who alongside then-acting Attorney General James Comey, who stood down the Bush White House in 2004 over a reauthorizing warrantless wiretapping program. He was prepared to walk away from the FBI directorship because of principal and protest.

They say that the White House is a ship that leaks from the top, but this current White House is leaking like a sieve. Stories published in The New York Times or The Washington Post have been confirmed by large numbers of unnamed White House sources, far more than what took place in Watergate. However, what is most apparent is that after only several months of this administration, the nation is simply too exhausted and policymakers are wondering what shoe will drop next. This is not how superpowers are supposed to behave.

People forget that it was Nixon’s personality, his penchant for secrecy, his desire to strike out at enemies perceived as well as real, and his paranoia about others that led to his downfall. It was Nixon’s personality that drove Watergate and it was Nixon’s behavior which led to his downfall.

The bedwetting continues… Elections have consequences.
:itsok:

Shades of the right wingers and Obama.

Get back to me when the trials start.

It will start the same day as Bush and Obama trials start which is the second Tuesday of the Sixth week in the Thirteenth month of never, but let not rain on the delusional thought of the day Trump is impeached....

HuffPo? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

59675691.jpg

White House Staffer On Kushner FBI Investigation: ‘Jared Is So F***ed’ | Addicting Info | The Knowledge You Crave

Jared Kushner, one of Trump’s senior advisers and his son-in-law, has come under FBI scrutiny in the Russia investigation so the probe is hitting close to home for the current occupant of the White House. Officials say that the probe does not mean that Kushner is suspected of a crime or that they intend to charge him, but investigators believe Trump’s son-in-law has significant information relevant to their inquiry.

Earlier this month it was revealed that law enforcement agents are scrutinizing a “senior White House adviser” who is “close to the president” as a “person of interest” in their investigation of Trump’s Russian influence scandal. That person was not named at the time but many speculated that it was Kushner, however, with so many in Trump’s administration having ties to Russia, it could have been anyone. That speculation was confirmed on Thursday.

HuffPo? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
awwww someone does not like the story so they attack the source. The Huff Post is and award winning publication. What exactly did it say that you can refute?

The Narcissist-in-Chief left (surprise!) peacefully and is currently in exile but planning a subversive operation to overthrow the legitimately elected government of The United States. Those failing to acknowledge this - have you been sleeping are you just accomplices?

It is time for this thread!! The end is near!

Just a heads up, jackass, this is probably thread #99 on this board saying that Trump was all washed up, where the hell have you been? Sleeping off another drunk? ITMT, it is probably about prediction #10,232 by the national media and pundits that Trump was a rodeo clown, wasn't really serious about running, would never win the nomination and certainly would never beat Hillary! Now since his inauguration, there have been about 50 manufactured scandals and predictions that he was a total incompetent even though he keeps succeeding, a total loser even though he eventually wins over every obstacle, and would be toppling any day now, even though he is still standing just fine and doing better every day.

Too bad you morons don't have to pay a buck every time you were wrong, we'd all be rich by now.

Yep, Trump is slowly swirling down the drain to Jan 20, 2025 when he gets booted out of office.

Forum List

Back