the last conversation you'll ever have

The life you think you have will never exist again once you die. But the life you don't know about will keep you going forever.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, we are each living in the only shot we get at consciousness. Make the most of it.

I have EXACTLY the same proof that I'm right as you do that you're right.

Now what? Shall we go all Shiite -vs- Sunni on each other and draw blades? What now?

Hey you get it. The whole thing is nothing but opinions. Everyone believes something, from what kind of religion they practice, to how they practice it, or if there is even a God. The problem comes in when, said religious sect decides that it is the only way to heaven, or religious leaders start taking advantage of their position of authority. Living in a country that is supposed to have the freedom to practice however you want, your particular brand of religion. Those who look to "save" you come off to me as trying to validate their own beliefs, by getting you to agree with them.

In my case, me and my creator know where I stand in the grand scheme of things. Thus is "my" religion and that is how I practice it. The fact that my God didn't think to tell the Jehova witnesses about our relationship doesn't suprise me, I think he/she gets a laugh watching them wake me up Sunday mornings.

Beliefs are like nipples - Everyone has a set and no two sets are identical.

My religious belief, summed up in an overly simplified fashion for fun and profit (well, no, I don't earn shit off of these musings, actually; but if I did, boy, I'd get a good haircut and cool tailored suit like all the famous Televangelists):

I believe in God. I do not believe that God believes in religion. No Creator able to create all of the matter and energy in time and space (which He also created, which is kinda cool) would even consider punishing the barely significant human beings He also created for the "sin" of not being able to tell which "religion" is the One True Religion He wants us to follow. In fact, my notion of God wouldn't be so mentally ill as to cast anybody into eternal pain and punishment. That's crazy shit. Any human who acted and behaved like that would be institutionalized.

So, to summarize this summary. God? Exists. Religion? Irrelevant. Hell? No way.

Last edited:
The life you think you have will never exist again once you die. But the life you don't know about will keep you going forever.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, we are each living in the only shot we get at consciousness. Make the most of it.

Now what? Shall we go all Shiite -vs- Sunni on each other and draw blades? What now?

Hey you get it. The whole thing is nothing but opinions. Everyone believes something, from what kind of religion they practice, to how they practice it, or if there is even a God. The problem comes in when, said religious sect decides that it is the only way to heaven, or religious leaders start taking advantage of their position of authority. Living in a country that is supposed to have the freedom to practice however you want, your particular brand of religion. Those who look to "save" you come off to me as trying to validate their own beliefs, by getting you to agree with them.

In my case, me and my creator know where I stand in the grand scheme of things. Thus is "my" religion and that is how I practice it. The fact that my God didn't think to tell the Jehova witnesses about our relationship doesn't suprise me, I think he/she gets a laugh watching them wake me up Sunday mornings.

Free will is an idea that sinners need to justify their fears. In the next age, all fears will be gone because of the will of God.

My religious belief, summed up in an overly simplified fashion for fun and profit (well, no, I don't earn shit off of these musings, actually; but if I did, boy, I'd get a good haircut and cool tailored suit like all the famous Televangelists):

I believe in God. I do not believe that God believes in religion. No Creator able to create all of the matter and energy in time and space (which He also created, which is kinda cool) would even consider punishing the barely significant human beings He also created for the "sin" of not being able to tell which "religion" is the One True Religion He wants us to follow. In fact, my notion of God wouldn't be so mentally ill as to cast anybody into eternal pain and punishment. That's crazy shit. Any human who acted and behaved like that would be institutionalized.

So, to summarize this summary. God? Exists. Religion? Irrelevant. Hell? No way.

You're much closer to the truth than most people I've seen. Keep following the truth until you know him. He doesn't exist in a book and he doesn't exist in anything you can see. It's what you can't see where God is and that's who you need to follow.

The last thing I want to be saying just before I die is "YES! YES! YES!"

There used to be a religous ritual known as the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-da-f%C3%A9">Auto-da-fé</a> where people were burned at the stake for heresy. One might imagine circumstances in which a victim of this mode of execution would scream out "YES! YES! YES!" before being consumed by the flames.

According to one source:
"If a victim 'converted' to Catholicism at the last minute, in its loving kindness the Church would sanction strangulation before burning."

So if someone were to scream out ""YES! YES! YES!" to the question of whether or not they accepted Jesus Christ for obtaining Salvation, they would then be garrotted and their corpse then burnt at the stake, instead of them being burned alive.

This situation gives a macbre twist to the concept of a "deathbed conversion" to Christianity!

In your opinion.

Free will is an idea that sinners need to justify their fears. In the next age, all fears will be gone because of the will of God.

I know you are, but what am I?

Your opinion is as relevant to my life as my asshole is to your life and all 4 items described are unique.

I don't care about your belief set, your nipples or your asshole - and if you care enough to insist that I care, we now have a political issue.

:tank:

Prepare to meet your maker 'cause you have a 'funny' set of beliefs. Almost as funny as your nipples. :boobies:

:eusa_think: Is that really the best course for our species to map our future with?

Forum List

Back