The Last Bastion of Allowable Prejudice.

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. Americans are allowed freedom of speech. This, according to the Constitution…but it seems that here is a codicil, right there…in invisible ink, but right there. It says “Unless what ever it is you would like to say is, in any way, associated with Christianity.”

The anti-religious bigotry is palpable!

So, this California school had a clever fund raiser, in which one would ‘purchase’ bricks to be used for a walkway. You would purchase the bricks, and have them monogrammed with a message or quote.
Two folks had five or six bricks printed with biblical quotes that they found inspirational.

The school district refused to allow their bricks in, but when they sued, cancelled the program and refunded some $45,000 to all the contributors.

“Lou Ann Hart, of Palm Desert, and Sheryl Caronna, of Rancho Mirage, purchased several bricks for $100 to $250, which were due to be installed in the walkways of Palm Desert High School.

When they were told they could not use the bricks in the memorial because the content risked an unconstitutional establishment of religion, the two women filed a legal complaint against the district in an attempt to reverse the decision.

Hundreds of messages and quotes had been accepted for other bricks including ones with religious themes, according to lawyer, David Cortman, an attorney for the Alliance Defense Fund who initiated the lawsuit on the women’s behalf.

One featured a quote from Mahatma Gandhi while another had Bible quotation: ‘Yes, it is possible,’ in Spanish.

‘It is cowardly to shut down everyone's participation in this programme simply out of animosity toward Christian speech.

‘There is absolutely nothing unconstitutional about a Bible verse on a brick when a school opens up a programme for anyone to express a personal message.”
California School District cancels memorial fundraiser over Bible verse bricks | Mail Online

2. On a related note, congratulations to the Boston Bruins for winning the Stanley Cup…and to their magnificent goalie, Tim Thomas.

PLEASE be sure to keep the following note from the Desert Palm School District:

“Thomas, who recorded a shutout in the Bruins’ 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Canucks, wears the motto “In God We Trust” on the front of his face mask. On the back, Thomas sports a tribute to the Gadsden flag.”
» Tim Thomas - Big Government

It's past time for Americans to stand up for the rights of the religious community, and demand an equal footing with the non-religious or secular community.

Last edited:
It's nice to see the left shitting on childrens freedom of speach early in life. This way they won't be disapointed later.

Also, it's perfectly fine to call white peolpe any racist slander you chose and suffer no consequinces.

As a Christian I live my life as Christ wants me too. I care nothing for what others say or do to try to stop me. I am always allowed to pray to God through Jesus no matter what others may do. If they stop me from doing it openly in public then i will go to my closet to pray; and pray for those who try to persocute me for my salvation.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 6:6

1. Americans are allowed freedom of speech. This, according to the Constitution…but it seems that here is a codicil, right there…in invisible ink, but right there. It says “Unless what ever it is you would like to say is, in any way, associated with Christianity.”

So, this California school had a clever fund raiser, in which one would ‘purchase’ bricks to be used for a walkway. You would purchase the bricks, and have them monogrammed with a message or quote.
Two folks had five or six bricks printed with biblical quotes that they found inspirational.

The school district refused to allow their bricks in, but when they sued, cancelled the program and refunded some $45,000 to all the contributors.

“Lou Ann Hart, of Palm Desert, and Sheryl Caronna, of Rancho Mirage, purchased several bricks for $100 to $250, which were due to be installed in the walkways of Palm Desert High School.

When they were told they could not use the bricks in the memorial because the content risked an unconstitutional establishment of religion, the two women filed a legal complaint against the district in an attempt to reverse the decision.

Hundreds of messages and quotes had been accepted for other bricks including ones with religious themes, according to lawyer, David Cortman, an attorney for the Alliance Defense Fund who initiated the lawsuit on the women’s behalf.

One featured a quote from Mahatma Gandhi while another had Bible quotation: ‘Yes, it is possible,’ in Spanish.

‘It is cowardly to shut down everyone's participation in this programme simply out of animosity toward Christian speech.

‘There is absolutely nothing unconstitutional about a Bible verse on a brick when a school opens up a programme for anyone to express a personal message.”
California School District cancels memorial fundraiser over Bible verse bricks | Mail Online

2. On a related note, congratulations to the Boston Bruins for winning the Stanley Cup…and to their magnificent goalie, Tim Thomas.

“Thomas, who recorded a shutout in the Bruins’ 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Canucks, wears the motto “In God We Trust” on the front of his face mask. On the back, Thomas sports a tribute to the Gadsden flag.”

It's past time for Americans to stand up for the rights of the religious community, and demand an equal footing with the non-religious or secular community.

How silly. Christianity has complete freedom in the US to express itself fully. The problem with some Christians, is they are not content to stay in their churches, but they want to proselytize EVERYWHERE.

A Bible verse has no business being on a publically funded government institution. It belongs on Church property. This is a separation of church and state issue, not an issue of free speech.

Only a Christian would complain about this.

Last edited:

“Thomas, who recorded a shutout in the Bruins’ 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Canucks, wears the motto “In God We Trust” on the front of his face mask. On the back, Thomas sports a tribute to the Gadsden flag

How silly. Christianity has complete freedom in the US to express itself fully. The problem with some Christians, is they are not content to stay in their churches, but they want to proselytize EVERYWHERE.

A Bible verse has no business being on a publically funded government institution. It belongs on Church property. This is a separation of church and state issue, not an issue of free speech.

Can it get any better than that??? LMAO... :lol:

You don't believe in separation of church and state, I take it? Shove your doctrine down everyone's throat. Yes?

Pray in public schools, teach creationism in science classes, and re-write history. Are you gonna tell me Thomas Jefferson was a Christian? Did you know the Texas school board voted to write Jefferson out of their history curriculum?

Last edited:

You don't believe in separation of church and state, I take it. Shove your doctrine down everyone's throat. Yes?

Grow up idiot.

It's seperation of church and state, not from church and state.

They sold to bricks so the kids could put any message they wanted on it, then shit themselves at the idea that so many people were people of faith.

the bricks shoulda stayed as free speech. only a church hater would see it otherwise.

You don't believe in separation of church and state, I take it. Shove your doctrine down everyone's throat. Yes?

Grow up idiot.

They sold to bricks so the kids could put any message they wanted on it, then shit themselves at the idea that so many people were people of faith.

the bricks shoulda stayed as free speech. only a church hater would see it otherwise.

The bricks are not free speech. They are religious speech on public property. They push Christianity.

If someone put a Buddhist quote on there I would want them to remove it. It's a public building. Not a church or a temple.

I don't hate churches at all. I hate theocracy and dominionism. I wish people would keep their religion to themselves instead of forcing it on others. Freedom of religion means we are free to not practice Christianity if we so choose. Putting Biblical scripture permanently on public buildings violates separation of church and state.

All the Christians who hate Muslims would peel Islamic bricks off that school with their bare hands. Some Christians don't want free speech, they want to be the only ones free to speak. They think they're entitled to more rights than anyone else.

BTW. It's the principle of the thing, to me. It's possible I would have read the specific bible passage and also personally found it inspirational.

Last edited:

Grow up idiot.

The bricks are not free speech. They are religious speech on public property. They push Christianity.

If someone put a Buddhist quote on there I would want them to remove it. It's a public building. Not a church or a temple.

I don't hate churches at all. I just wish people would keep their religion to themselves instead of forcing it on others.

All the Christians who hate Muslims would peel Islamic bricks off that school with their bare hands.

That's a lie.

Grow up idiot.

I don't hate churches at all. I just wish people would keep their religion to themselves instead of forcing it on others.

All the Christians who hate Muslims would peel Islamic bricks off that school with their bare hands.

That's a lie.

What's a lie? It's my opinion, that Christians who hate Muslims, would object to Islamic scripture on public school bricks.

I don't hate Churches, but it's ok with me if you have the opinion that I do. Churches are buildings designed for communities to come together and worship. I have no problem with that.

I have a problem with Christians making every public owned building their turf. 'TELL EVERYONE ABOUT GOD'S POWER' is inappropriate for a public school building.

It was the right thing to do to cancel the fundraiser. That's politics for ya.

Last edited:

That's a lie.

What's a lie? It's my opinion, that Christians who hate Muslims, would object to Islamic scripture on public school bricks.

I don't hate Churches, but it's ok with me if you have the opinion that I do. Churches are buildings designed for communities to come together and worship. I have no problem with that.

I have a problem with Christians making every public owned building their turf. 'TELL EVERYONE ABOUT GOD'S POWER' is inappropriate for a public school building.

It was the right thing to do to cancel the fundraiser. That's politics for ya.

You don't know Christains very well at all. You have a warped view of us, based on your own personal experience. Your personal experience does not make all Christians bad - just like I would not assume all Buddists are idiots based on you.

“Thomas, who recorded a shutout in the Bruins’ 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Canucks, wears the motto “In God We Trust” on the front of his face mask. On the back, Thomas sports a tribute to the Gadsden flag

"A Bible verse has no business being on a publically funded government institution."

Of course it does.

As the Constitution refers to religion via both its non-establishment by the government, and to its free exercise, the latter alone is the refutation of the theme of your post. And this, in the very words of the document!

You don't believe in separation of church and state, I take it? Shove your doctrine down everyone's throat. Yes?

Pray in public schools, teach creationism in science classes, and re-write history. Are you gonna tell me Thomas Jefferson was a Christian? Did you know the Texas school board voted to write Jefferson out of their history curriculum?

Can I make a point here?
There is no such doctrine as 'separation of church and state,' the phrase appears in no federal document. In fact, at the time of ratification of the Constitution, ten of the thirteen colonies had some provision recognizing Christianity as either the official, or the recommended religion in their state constitutions.

The origin of the idea to which you subscribe is the work of the rabid anti-Catholic bigot, Justice Hugo Black.

During the course of American judicial history, particularly with the landmark decision of Everson v. Board of Education, Jefferson was subtly and erroneously attributed with the remark ‘high and impregnable’ wall. The force behind the misguided interpretation comes from the anti-Catholic former Ku Klux Klan member, Justice Hugo Black: The ‘high and impregnable’ wall central to the past 50 years of church-state jurisprudence is not Jefferson’s wall; rather, it is the wall that Justice Hugo Black built in 1947 in Everson v. Board of Education.

See http://www.heritage.org/research/re...changed-church-state-law-policy-and-discourse

The full quote by Justice Hugo Black is, ‘The First Amendment has erected a wall between church and state. That wall must be kept high and impregnable. We could not approve the slightest breach.’ In essence, Justice Hugo Black with his often quoted remark conflated Jefferson’s trope of separation between church and state with the First Amendment which references the non-establishment clause and free exercise of religion. Those were two entirely separate concepts at the time in 1802.

I'm certain that you would like to reconsider you view...either that, or name any other KKK members you see as mentors.

Last edited:

I don't hate churches at all. I hate theocracy and dominionism. I wish people would keep their religion to themselves instead of forcing it on others. Freedom of religion means we are free to not practice Christianity if we so choose. Putting Biblical scripture permanently on public buildings violates separation of church and state.

All the Christians who hate Muslims would peel Islamic bricks off that school with their bare hands. Some Christians don't want free speech, they want to be the only ones free to speak. They think they're entitled to more rights than anyone else.

BTW. It's the principle of the thing, to me. It's possible I would have read the specific bible passage and also personally found it inspirational.

Christians do own the public square just like everyone else, and the free exercise clause means that there are no religious speech free zones for the people.

I wish people would keep their religion to themselves instead of forcing it on others.

Uh-huh. Translation: the public square belongs to me and no one else when I don't like their speech.

They are religious speech on public property.

Ditto.

They push Christianity.

Again.

If someone put a Buddhist quote on there I would want them to remove it.

Equal opportunity tyrant.

I hate theocracy and dominionism.

No you don't. You're describing the gleeful imposition of secular humanism; you're just not very bright or empathetic, so the implications of your prattle fly right over your pointed head. You're all about ME.

Freedom of religion means we are free to not practice Christianity if we so choose.

But apparently we're not free to not practice your religion or to object to the government interfering with the free exercise of religion in the public square unless it's your religion.

Putting Biblical scripture permanently on public buildings violates separation of church and state.

It violates no such thing.

Some Christians don't want free speech, they want to be the only ones free to speak. They think they're entitled to more rights than anyone else.

Replace the terms in bold with "Sky Dancer" and the lies become truths.

BTW. It's the principle of the thing, to me.

The principle of a Jacobin or a Marxist.

Last edited:

Why is it unreasonable for us to not want to stay in our churches when we have the right, as well as the privilege and duty to live the Gospel in all areas of our lives and share it with all people?

Which Church is established if a Bible verse is mentioned publically?

Suppress pray in the public schools; block the ideological liberty and free-association of educational choice; impose the metaphysical/absolute naturalism of Darwinism on science in the public schools at the exclusion of the methodological naturalism of classical empiricism.

And then we have this gem from the one spouting the political theory - the collectivist rot - of Continental European thinkers like Rouseau and Marx when this nation was founded on the Lockean classical liberalism of the Anglo-American tradition: "re-write history".

No. Correction. Denounce the historical revisionism of fascist freaks.

The problem with some Christians, is they are not content to stay in their churches, but they want to proselytize EVERYWHERE.

Yeah? So? LOL! It's still a free country, ya fascist freak.

Last edited:

Then I trust you don't accept or spend cash.

InGodWeTrust.jpg

Or is that different? Somehow?

Absolutely correct!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nNEhDSvFEg]YouTube - ‪Rep. Peter King: We'll Investigate Muslim Radicalization‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1dKUmwYHJw&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Rallies over mosque near ground zero get heated‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQ_OfOTEHc]YouTube - ‪Burn The Quran‬‏[/ame]

Absolutely correct!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nNEhDSvFEg]YouTube - ‪Rep. Peter King: We'll Investigate Muslim Radicalization‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1dKUmwYHJw&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Rallies over mosque near ground zero get heated‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQ_OfOTEHc]YouTube - ‪Burn The Quran‬‏[/ame]

1. "Shari’a and Violence in American Mosques Mordechai Kedar and David Yerushalmi
A random survey of 100 representative mosques in the U.S. was conducted to measure the correlation between Sharia adherence and dogma calling for violence against non-believers. Of the 100 mosques surveyed, 51% had texts on site rated as severely advocating violence; 30% had texts rated as moderately advocating violence; and 19% had no violent texts at all. Mosques that presented as Sharia adherent were more likely to feature violence-positive texts on site than were their non-Sharia-adherent counterparts. In 84.5% of the mosques, the imam recommended studying violence-positive texts. The leadership at Sharia-adherent mosques was more likely to recommend that a worshipper study violence-positive texts than leadership at non-Sharia-adherent mosques. Fifty-eight percent of the mosques invited guest imams known to promote violent jihad. The leadership of mosques that featured violence-positive literature was more likely to invite guest imams who were known to promote violent jihad than was the leadership of mosques that did not feature violence-positive literature on mosque premises."
Mordechai Kedar and David Yerushalmi: Shari

2. ‘An Explanatory Memorandum’
The Muslim Brotherhood’s strategic plan for North America was a closely-held secret until the FBI discovered it during a 2004 raid of a house in Annandale, Virginia. Agents discovered a secret basement containing internal Ikhwan documents, including the strategic plan titled, “An Explanatory Memorandum: On the General Strategic Goal for the Group.”

The strategic plan was written by a member of the Board of Directors for the Muslim Brotherhood in North America and senior Hamas leader named Mohammed Akram, and was approved by the Brotherhood’s Shura Council and Organizational Conference in 1987.
The plan establishes the mission of the Muslim Brother in North America in this following passage:
FBI Captured Muslim Brotherhood’s Strategic Plan

An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America
by Mohamed Akram
May 19, 1991
Ikhwan must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and "sabotaging" its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God's religion is made victorious over all other religions. Without this level of understanding, we are not up to this challenge and have not prepared ourselves for Jihad yet. It is a Muslim's destiny to perform Jihad and work wherever he is and wherever he lands until the final hour comes, and there is no escape from that destiny except for those who chose to slack. But, would the slackers and the Mujahedeen be equal.

Read more at: An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America :: Archive Documents :: The Investigative Project on Terrorism

3. "The Constitution is not a suicide pact" is a phrase in American political and legal discourse. The phrase expresses the belief that constitutional restrictions on governmental power must be balanced against the need for survival of the state and its people.
The Constitution is not a suicide pact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So...your policy is "Remain Oblivious"?

Forum List

Back