The Last 2 Republican Presidents

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
One campaigned as the "kinder and gentler" candidate and promised emphatically "No New Taxes". The other campaigned as the "compassionate conservative".

The former has been proven a compulsive and pathological liar and the latter has been proven an egotistical chickenhawk with no consideration whatsoever for the plights of his own countrymen much less the plights of the world at large.

Now, who are we to believe in this election from our field of so called conservatives? One thing is for sure. The conservatives will have to cover a lot of ground if they are ever to be taken seriously again as leaders of the free world.

How much more "kinder and gentler" or "compassionate as a conservative" or averse to taxation without representation does a modern day conservative have to be to win a national election? So far, not one presents the American ideals that will be required to succeed in any national election.

2008 will be a watershed year for Democrats. And I suspect that observation to be correct for many years to come. Americans truly want a kinder, gentler, compassionate and frugal president. There is not one to be found in the Republican Party.

One campaigned as the "kinder and gentler" candidate and promised emphatically "No New Taxes". The other campaigned as the "compassionate conservative".

The former has been proven a compulsive and pathological liar and the latter has been proven an egotistical chickenhawk with no consideration whatsoever for the plights of his own countrymen much less the plights of the world at large.

Now, who are we to believe in this election from our field of so called conservatives? One thing is for sure. The conservatives will have to cover a lot of ground if they are ever to be taken seriously again as leaders of the free world.

How much more "kinder and gentler" or "compassionate as a conservative" or averse to taxation without representation does a modern day conservative have to be to win a national election? So far, not one presents the American ideals that will be required to succeed in any national election.

2008 will be a watershed year for Democrats. And I suspect that observation to be correct for many years to come. Americans truly want a kinder, gentler, compassionate and frugal president. There is not one to be found in the Republican Party.

Yup, all it will take is one term of Total Democratic control to REMIND people why they booted their Liberal asses to begin with.

Yup, all it will take is one term of Total Democratic control to REMIND people why they booted their Liberal asses to begin with.

It will take two terms...one listening to the Dems whine about cleaning up "the mess the Republicans left behind" and the second for the less astute to wake up and smell the coffee.

Reagan began the decline of the working American, Bush Senior was lost after too many years of voodoo economics, Clinton raised taxes and had the luck of the internet explosion, Bush junior has screwed up so much it is hard to categorize. So in the end, anyone except a partisan fool, will take Clinton's eight over a conservative republican. And by the way Gore won.

Reagan began the decline of the working American, Bush Senior was lost after too many years of voodoo economics, Clinton raised taxes and had the luck of the internet explosion, Bush junior has screwed up so much it is hard to categorize. So in the end, anyone except a partisan fool, will take Clinton's eight over a conservative republican. And by the way Gore won.

Thanks for the humor! It's a good way to start the day. It is odd however, that I don't remember "President Gore"....but then I am old and tend to forget some things, especially when they aren't true.

Thanks for the humor! It's a good way to start the day. It is odd however, that I don't remember "President Gore"....but then I am old and tend to forget some things, especially when they aren't true.

I know...that Bush won obviously means more people wanted him as president...right...right?

I know...that Bush won obviously means more people wanted him as president...right...right?

They DID reelect him , bt then that of course just means he stole another election.

Remind me again how people don't really think 2000 was stolen. Further remind me how after all the independent recounts after the fact Gore still lost, he should have won.

What is really hilarious about the " he did not win the popular vote" argument is the fact Gore's people thought Gore would win the electoral College but lose the popular vote and so just before the election he REMINDED everyone that we do not select Presidents by popular vote and to RESPECT the Electoral process.

What is really hilarious about the " he did not win the popular vote" argument is the fact Gore's people thought Gore would win the electoral College but lose the popular vote and so just before the election he REMINDED everyone that we do not select Presidents by popular vote and to RESPECT the Electoral process.

got a link for that oft repeated anecdote of yours?

just as I thought. Rush must have told you!

Wrong agian you dumb ass. I was watching the news back in those days and Guess what? I saw it. Of course your inability to remember anything contradictory to your leftoid beliefs means any such even was instantly wiped from that pea sized brain of yours to make room for talking points on how Bush stole the election.

Your a fucking retard. A hack, A moron. Unlike you I remember things. You on the other hand have the pat little " gee I never saw that" response stenciled to the inside of your eyelids.

Wrong agian you dumb ass. I was watching the news back in those days and Guess what? I saw it. Of course your inability to remember anything contradictory to your leftoid beliefs means any such even was instantly wiped from that pea sized brain of yours to make room for talking points on how Bush stole the election.

Your a fucking retard. A hack, A moron. Unlike you I remember things. You on the other hand have the pat little " gee I never saw that" response stenciled to the inside of your eyelids.

Right. You may very well have seen Gore remind his people that the electoral college is how we elect presidents. I seriously doubt you heard him say that he thought he would lose the popular vote....but DO spin it that way! We wouldn't expect anything less, from a spineless coward like you! :lol:

Right. You may very well have seen Gore remind his people that the electoral college is how we elect presidents. I seriously doubt you heard him say that he thought he would lose the popular vote....but DO spin it that way! We wouldn't expect anything less, from a spineless coward like you! :lol:

I can provide links to his team believing he would lose the popular vote, you can get them also by using that funny little device Goggle.

As to the claim ( not by you) that the Court held 5-4, here is the link for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v._Gore

the decision was 7-2 that the recount as ordered was unconstitutional. The 5-4 vote was whether another system could be done in time to meet the deadline.

They DID reelect him , bt then that of course just means he stole another election.

Remind me again how people don't really think 2000 was stolen. Further remind me how after all the independent recounts after the fact Gore still lost, he should have won.

Unlike you I remember things

Really? So do you remember when I've said that people don't really think 2000 was stolen since you wanted me to remind you AGAIN?

By the way...nice non-sequiter. I didn't claim that Bush didn't win, but its idiotic to claim that he did so with some sort of mandate and that the people preferred him. They didn't. More people voted for Gore than did for Bush. Legally Bush won...but thats because of the electoral math. Democrats were the preferred party in the 2000 presidential elections, Republican just happened to win.

No more than the FACT that Gore was never President means that "Bush" stole the election....right? ....right???

I ascribed a fact to you which YOU seemed to support. You returned by ascribing to me a fact that some liberals support. Weak.

I ascribed a fact to you which YOU seemed to support. You returned by ascribing to me a fact that some liberals support. Weak.

Please show where I mentioned Bush anywhere in my posts (other than the one just prior to this) or any comment I made that Bush won the popular vote or anything else alluding to that.

Pretty big leap on your part. You made an assumption and it was wrong.

Please show where I mentioned Bush anywhere in my posts (other than the one just prior to this) or any comment I made that Bush won the popular vote or anything else alluding to that.

Pretty big leap on your part. You made an assumption and it was wrong.

*sigh*

Who was president instead of "president Gore"? Unless I made an incorrect assumption that you were referring to the Bush V. Gore debacle in 2000, in which case I'd ask you to clarify exactly what you were referring to when you mentioned "President Gore", then no I didn't.

Really? So do you remember when I've said that people don't really think 2000 was stolen since you wanted me to remind you AGAIN?

By the way...nice non-sequiter. I didn't claim that Bush didn't win, but its idiotic to claim that he did so with some sort of mandate and that the people preferred him. They didn't. More people voted for Gore than did for Bush. Legally Bush won...but thats because of the electoral math. Democrats were the preferred party in the 2000 presidential elections, Republican just happened to win.

Yup just happened to win ACROSS the board.... sure thing, the dems got cheated.

Forum List

Back