The land of the rapist? No way~~~

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
I visited Korea to see Insadong, Chungaechun, Namdaemun Market and Gyungbok palace. The Incheon International Air port was really clean and the downtown Seoul was pretty cool.

I heard there were many pickpockets and rapists roaming around the city so I made up my mind to always hold tight my bag and never go out at night.

000But the beautiful night view lured me out of the hotel and I didn't regret it. Chungaechun and Namsan Tower were magnificent beyond my imagination and Koreans were kind and generous.
Though there were many websites posting Korea as a nation full of rapists and pickpockets, nothing ever happened to me during my 1 week stay in there. Korea was too peaceful to be called the country of rape. This unbased prejudice all most ruined my tour in Korea.

Of course, you must be aware of the fact that you might get overcharged at the Korean market. Then, say 'Bi ssayo, ggak a joo sae yo', which means 'it is too expensive, can you give me a discount?'. Say this magic word and you won't regret it...

Forum List

Back