The lamest Escuse ever, Yet people are buying it.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
So in the 2 months since the Oil spill started I have heard dozens of Democrat talking heads, and Obama himself use the Excuse that BP lied about how bad the spill was when confronted about the less than speedy government response to the spill. Obama cited that as his reason for not accepting the help of the dutch and a couple other nations that offered help. He said BP said we didn't need them.

Now why is this Excuse so lame? Well Because Obama is a Liberal Democrat, and for years they have told us how Evil and Greedy Cooperation's are, and How Oil companies are the biggest example of that.

So when I hear Obama or some Democrat talking head acknowledge that the Government response has indeed be very poor but it is not Obama's fault because "BP lied". I want to reach through the TV and smack them. It is not like Obama had any reason to Trust BP, Exxon was not exactly honest and cooperative during the Valdez Clean up, why would you think BP is going to be this time?

Why in the hell would you trust them? Why would you put the fate of the gulf, and millions of peoples lively-hoods in the hands of the CEO of an evil, greedy profit driven cooperation by simply taking them at their word, and not even meeting in person with them for almost 2 months?

Cmon you are gonna have to do better than that BS excuse, Besides that excuse does not explain why Obama has still not accepted the help of the Nations and companies who are offering, and still appears to be focused on assigning blame and getting compensation when the damn leak is still going.

a+ to Obama for apparently taking BP's word for it and allowing this disaster to be worse then it has to.

Last edited:
BP was a huge 0bama contributor. They were buds.

You trust what your friends are telling you.

Also, 0bama seems to want the crisis rather than a solution. As usual, he gets to have it three different ways. And no matter which way he gets it, he has no responsibility for it going wrong, but credit if it goes right.

Also, 0bama seems to want the crisis rather than a solution. As usual, he gets to have it three different ways. And no matter which way he gets it, he has no responsibility for it going wrong, but credit if it goes right.

really?

I didn't know that....how much did they contribute to the Obama campaign?

contributions were in the form of bundled pac money.

0bama got 77,000 as a Senator and his campaign got 3.5 million from BP pacs.

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company's political action committees - $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.

On top of that, the oil giant has spent millions each year on lobbying — including $15.9 million last year alone — as it has tried to influence energy policy.

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

"Never let a crisis go to waste."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mzcbXi1Tkk]YouTube - Rahm Emanuel on the Opportunities of Crisis[/ame]

contributions were in the form of bundled pac money.

0bama got 77,000 as a Senator and his campaign got 3.5 million from BP pacs.

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company's political action committees - $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.

On top of that, the oil giant has spent millions each year on lobbying — including $15.9 million last year alone — as it has tried to influence energy policy.

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

Thanks for the information..

So....BP and its employees gave $3.5 mil over TWENTY years to ALL candidates

That is pretty impressive......whats that $175K a year?
I see where you are so concerned

And Obama received $77K over five years....a whopping $15K per year

Damn...you really got the guy by the balls on this one

Last edited:

really?

He recived the Most of any candidate from BP.

So in the 2 months since the Oil spill started I have heard dozens of Democrat talking heads, and Obama himself use the Excuse that BP lied about how bad the spill was when confronted about the less than speedy government response to the spill. Obama cited that as his reason for not accepting the help of the dutch and a couple other nations that offered help. He said BP said we didn't need them.

Now why is this Excuse so lame? Well Because Obama is a Liberal Democrat, and for years they have told us how Evil and Greedy Cooperation's are, and How Oil companies are the biggest example of that.

So when I hear Obama or some Democrat talking head acknowledge that the Government response has indeed be very poor but it is not Obama's fault because "BP lied". I want to reach through the TV and smack them. It is not like Obama had any reason to Trust BP, Exxon was not exactly honest and cooperative during the Valdez Clean up, why would you think BP is going to be this time?

Why in the hell would you trust them? Why would you put the fate of the gulf, and millions of peoples lively-hoods in the hands of the CEO of an evil, greedy profit driven cooperation by simply taking them at their word, and not even meeting in person with them for almost 2 months?

Cmon you are gonna have to do better than that BS excuse, Besides that excuse does not explain why Obama has still not accepted the help of the Nations and companies who are offering, and still appears to be focused on assigning blame and getting compensation when the damn leak is still going.

a+ to Obama for apparently taking BP's word for it and allowing this disaster to be worse then it has to.

"The lamest Escuse ever, Yet people are buying it. " Uh dude, not for nuttin, but you seem to have a history now for screwing up your thread titles. Damn.

At least you didn't try to call SOMEONE else an idiot in this thread. :cool: Technically this mistake isn't ironic so at least you got that.

Last edited:

really?

:woohoo: $15,000 a year!

really?

You do know he received no money from them. Don't you? If so how much and a link would be cool. Oh and when you say he "recived" something and are wrong, at least spell the word correctly. Just saying. LOL

Last edited:

"The lamest Escuse ever, Yet people are buying it. " Uh dude, not for nuttin, but you seem to have a history now for screwing up your thread titles. Damn.

At least you didn't try to call SOMEONE else an idiot in this thread. :cool: Technically this mistake isn't ironic so at least you got that.

DOH wtf LOL

Last edited:

:woohoo: $15,000 a year!

It's not surprising that RW thinks it's funny that his Obamessiah's integrity (assuming he has any in the first place), was sold for such a cheap price.

Interesting.....

BP paid $15,000 a year and got to pay out $20 Billion into a cleanup fund

Sure looks like his integrity was bought...and WHO apologized to BP because Obama was so mean to them?

Last edited:
Who the hell cares about the money BP gave Obama. Frankly they gave him the 77grand because they thought he was likely going to win. They gave money to McCain to. Were getting off target here.

The point is the Excuse that BP lied to me, is a pathetic one considering the well know fact that oil Companies are not to be trusted, their evil and greedy and are killing us all with global warming. Isn't that what were told. We cant drill in many places for among other reasons, the Dems do not trust Oil companies to be responsible. Why on Earth do you not see what a huge Error of judgment it is for a Liberal Democrat, Who is well Aware of the Lack of honesty, and inherit evilness of Big oil, to Simply take BP's word for it.

screw the damn measly 77 Grand :)

At least I see he has Finally accepted some help from other nations. So for that I give him kudos, but this crap did not have to be this bad. He could have called all the experts on day one, He could have called in the Navy or who ever he needed to, to determine how bad it actually was. He should have Met with BP right away and looked them in the Eye when they told him what happened and how bad it was. He should have accepted aid sooner, even if BP lied we have known it was really bad for a long time now, and he is just accepting the help. This is Just like Katrina, and I have to say the Slow government response is not all Obama's fault. A big part of it is simply the inept bloated, inefficient, and ineffective Bureaucracy of the Federal Government. Which makes me so so Glad that Obama is hell bent on expanding that at every turn :)

weeeee.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back