The Lady in the Water

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Was much like I expected, a deep but not too dark fairy tale about a messenger that comes to earth to enlighten a people that has lost it's way. Tiny bit of religous overtones in it but nothing overt. Some like M Night's work others dont', I happen to be in the group that does. His characters in this movie as in all his others are extemely well developed and quirky, and he still manages to throw in some surprises even a good bit of irony and humor. Best part is this movie is family friendly and a great popcorn eating 90 minute escape from all the horror going on in the world.

I concur with the review. I was expecting more suspense but the movie did not have much. Paul Giamatti played his part brilliantly, with all of the quirkeness needed. It was interesting to see M. Night Shyamalan play in the moive as well.

I did chuckle during the scene with the movie critic and the monster in the hallway. It must have been enjoyable for a filmmaker to have that sequence in a movie.

Overall mostly a fairy tale with a modern addaptation brought to a movie screen.

MtnBiker said:
I concur with the review. I was expecting more suspense but the movie did not have much. Paul Giamatti played his part brilliantly, with all of the quirkeness needed. It was interesting to see M. Night Shyamalan play in the moive as well.

I did chuckle during the scene with the movie critic and the monster in the hallway. It must have been enjoyable for a filmmaker to have that sequence in a movie.

Overall mostly a fairy tale with a modern addaptation brought to a movie screen.

Yes it was interresting to see M.Night play such a big part in one of his movies, usually it's more of a Stephen King type walk on. LOL that scene with the movie critic was very ironic, and I couldn't help think it was a stab at movie critics in general by M. I have to say though he had some very funny lines in that, especially at the party thrown in his honor. :D

I love M Night S. He's tied with Spielburg as my favorite director. I thought that while this movie wasn't his best work (Signs), it was still excellent and better than all the crap that's come out this summer (The Devil Wears Prada was good too though). Great film, engrossing, with great acting, but it didn't take itself too seriously, which I liked. The entire theatre was laughing.

Mr.Conley said:
I love M Night S. He's tied with Spielburg as my favorite director. I thought that while this movie wasn't his best work (Signs), it was still excellent and better than all the crap that's come out this summer (The Devil Wears Prada was good too though). Great film, engrossing, with great acting, but it didn't take itself too seriously, which I liked. The entire theatre was laughing.

Signs was excellent!! "Devil Wears Prada" is next on my list simply because I like Meryl Streep in comedy.

Bonnie said:
Signs was excellent!! "Devil Wears Prada" is next on my list simply because I like Meryl Streep in comedy
Meryl Streep made the movie good. Ann Hathaway gave a great performance too, but Streep made it a movie to see.

As for Signs, great movie. Even if it turns out Mel Gison is an antisemite.

Forum List

Back