The Krauthammer Plan

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
A short while ago the Senate shot down the House's Cut, Cap, and Balance plan. The G6 plan is still a work in progress with a lot of gaps and unknowns, and Obama and Boehner have yet to agree to any "Grand Bargain". So - enter the idea offered by Charles Krauthammer, extend the debt ceiling by 500 billion with the equivalent cuts in spending and no taxes increases. The president has said he will veto it, but what are the alternatives? The McConnell plan? Not sure how much legs it'll have and the details are still to be worked out there too.

Absent an agreement soon, I think the Krauthammer plan is the way to go. Maybe the G6 plan can be implemented once it gets fleshed out, or some other deal. But I think we need to extend the debt limit while we search for solutions, there could be serious repercussions if we don't.

Best Debt Plan Would Shave A Half-Trillion - Investors.com

yes we likely need an interim solution to hold us until election time...when we can kick the bum out of office...

of course BO doesn't want this....he probably would prefer to default as long as he can blame it on republicans...

500 billion only gets us down the road about 4 months or so, we'd still need to raise it again. But by that time maybe the G6 or some other plan might be ready to implement. Right now, we ain't got squat.

Hard for me to see how Obama can lay this on the GOP after they passed the BBA plan, which is popular around the country. With no plan of his own, nothing from the Dems, it's hard to see him getting much traction for blaming the repubs. Especially if they pass the Krauthammer plan and he or the Dems shoot it down.

yes we likely need an interim solution to hold us until election time...when we can kick the bum out of office...

of course BO doesn't want this....he probably would prefer to default as long as he can blame it on republicans...
Yeah.....that's what's been going-on......

handjob.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]‪Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

BTW.....you'll be kicking no one outta Office, until you're old-enough to vote.....and, that'll be a loooooooooong time after your '11 Summer Vacation.

106.gif

500 billion only gets us down the road about 4 months or so, we'd still need to raise it again. But by that time maybe the G6 or some other plan might be ready to implement. Right now, we ain't got squat.

Hard for me to see how Obama can lay this on the GOP after they passed the BBA plan, which is popular around the country. With no plan of his own, nothing from the Dems, it's hard to see him getting much traction for blaming the repubs. Especially if they pass the Krauthammer plan and he or the Dems shoot it down.

BO is an ideologue...he can justify to himself the hurting of America and his endless spending for growing government...

since their responsible plan was shot down... the repubs need to play hardball politics now....and kick it down the road a bit so it will hurt BO at election time...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back