The Koran Does preach death and violence...yikes

DeadCanDance

May 29, 2007
* Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life.

...totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys......

*If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods," don't give in or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people.

Yikes.....

Pretty lame, dude. And it's obvious that you wanted Christians to chime in and support your condemnation of the Koran so that you'd be able to say "gotcha!" and prance around giggling about the quotes really being biblical. We're diametric opposites, but I'll give you props - you're an intelligent guy. And you're above this.

By the way, you could have given Daily Kos user Devilstower credit:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/12/23/154212/19/550/425575

it's still a pretty valid point to be made though, yes?

Yes and no! As a religion the Christian faith has moved beyond these teachings, you know the birth of Christ and all that. Where as the Moslem faith still preaches these types of tenets.

No the vast majority of them (moslems) dont but the ones that do deffinitely have a captive audience dont they... If not we wouldnt have the number of individuals willing to martyr themselves would we??

So I have to say it really isn't a "valid" point, but a vield attempt to justify the Moslems extremism and thats all.....

Yes and no! As a religion the Christian faith has moved beyond these teachings, you know the birth of Christ and all that. Where as the Moslem faith still preaches these types of tenets.

No the vast majority of them (moslems) dont but the ones that do deffinitely have a captive audience dont they... If not we wouldnt have the number of individuals willing to martyr themselves would we??

So I have to say it really isn't a "valid" point, but a vield attempt to justify the Moslems extremism and thats all.....

Those are Old Testament laws, not Christian ones. The only one IMO that Christ would have supported was the last as in "thou shalt have no other Gods before me." I don't recall seeing where he approved of slavery and murder.

As nukeman points out ... Christianity has evolved. Those laws/rules aren't even Christian, they're Mosaic.

Islam still teaches the same thing it did when Muhammed was alive, and the fundamentalists strive to keep their people and cultures stuck in that same place, and is based on religious intolernace.

The three primary religions are related, so criticizing one is really criticizing them all regardless of any progress made in any society.

As nukeman points out ... Christianity has evolved. Those laws/rules aren't even Christian, they're Mosaic.

Islam still teaches the same thing it did when Muhammed was alive, and the fundamentalists strive to keep their people and cultures stuck in that same place, and is based on religious intolernace.

yea,.. I'll remember that the next time the eric rudolph of the day creeps into our culture. I guess I could point out the warmonging nature of fair weather christians whose concern for humanity doesn't reach into muslims nations feeling the conflict du jour but why try to point out that death by suicide bomber and death by rationalized collateral damage results in the same death?

and, i'll remind you that it's STILL in the christian bible. You know, the whole alpha and omega bit? No path to heaven but through the bible and the observation of the OT as well as the NT? Just because the NT is supposed to be gods Covenant with the gentiles rather than the OT covenant with the jews doesn't mean that the OT is in any way ignored or not used to rationalize christian behaviour.

Remember the thread about if jebus REALLY meant to turn the other cheak? Review that one and get back to me about the capacity of christians to move beyond rationalizing violence.

No path to heaven but through the bible...
False. This is definitely not true regarding the world's one billion Roman Catholics, and most Protestant religions as well. Among major Christian groups, only Evangelicals insist that theirs is the only way, and that includes strict belief in the Bible. Evangelicals constitute less than 15 percent of the world's 2 billion Christians.

Those are Old Testament laws, not Christian ones. The only one IMO that Christ would have supported was the last as in "thou shalt have no other Gods before me." I don't recall seeing where he approved of slavery and murder.

the old testament is an integral part of the christian bible, otherwise evangelicals wouldn't cite the OT prohibitions against gay sex.

I guess we can conclude that not EVERY part of the bible is taken to heart by evangenlicals. They pick and choose, just like everyone else, and there is some crazy sh*t written in the bible, just like in the koran.

the old testament is an integral part of the christian bible, otherwise evangelicals wouldn't cite the OT prohibitions against gay sex.

I guess we can conclude that not EVERY part of the bible is taken to heart by evangenlicals. They pick and choose, just like everyone else, and there is some crazy sh*t written in the bible, just like in the koran.

Yup and remind me of the HUNDREDS of suicide bombers and thousands of armed terrorists that are Christians, actively murdering anyone not of their faith. Point me to a "Christian" Country that places the legal restrictions Muslim Countries place on Christians and Jews.

I just love when the weak minded try to compare the two.

With only rocks and sticks to defend themselves, they got smarter, rgs.

Yup and remind me of the HUNDREDS of suicide bombers and thousands of armed terrorists that are Christians, actively murdering anyone not of their faith. Point me to a "Christian" Country that places the legal restrictions Muslim Countries place on Christians and Jews.

That old "eye for an eye" thing is still preached in most every church of Jesus Christ and is obviously still appreciated by any Christian Warmonger that will abide it's order.

False. This is definitely not true regarding the world's one billion Roman Catholics, and most Protestant religions as well. Among major Christian groups, only Evangelicals insist that theirs is the only way, and that includes strict belief in the Bible. Evangelicals constitute less than 15 percent of the world's 2 billion Christians.

Why don't you show me your evidence that christians are open to OTHER paths to heaven besides the written word of god which is the bible. Indeed, you see catholics lauding the frickin koran when the subject is heaven, don't we? Indeed, when the ten fucking commandments were written that little "thou shall have no other god before me" must have had its asterisks added later.

John 14:6

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Pope reasserts salvation comes from one church
LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy -- Pope Benedict XVI reasserted the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released yesterday that says other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches and Catholicism provides the only true path to salvation.
http://www.boston.com/news/world/eu...pe_reasserts_salvation_comes_from_one_church/

Romans Catholics DONT insist that their interpretation of the bible is THE path to heaven, eh?

Why do you people post things that are easily proved wrong?

ahh yes.. because historically we just don't see violent christians reacting against non-christians! That's so TRUE! Hell, it's almost like we DON"T see christian apathy towards muslims who, apparently, DESERVE the violence handed to them by pet nations too! After all, THAT death is somehow different than the fruits of suicide bombs!

Weak minds... I'll remember that while you avoid posting evidence like a germiphobe avoids shaking hands.

ahh yes.. because historically we just don't see violent christians reacting against non-christians! That's so TRUE! Hell, it's almost like we DON"T see christian apathy towards muslims who, apparently, DESERVE the violence handed to them by pet nations too! After all, THAT death is somehow different than the fruits of suicide bombs!

Weak minds... I'll remember that while you avoid posting evidence like a germiphobe avoids shaking hands.

You can post oronic tripe in all the threads you want shogun, doesn't make it true, nor does it some how equate to you winning or "owning" me either. But do play your childish little games.

Hey, I support my posts with EVIDENCE... what do you support yours with again?

Indeed, lecture me on moronic drivel that isn't so just because someone says so.

:shock:

Forum List

Back