The KKK And The Democratic Party

William Joyce said:
I mean, no intelligent, enlighted, educated person believes that races are different. Right?
Who said the above? It's how you extrapolate that gets you into trouble. That and statments like...
William Joyce said:
God didn't mean for it to happen, anyway.

Kagom said:
Now you're just making me feel special ^.^

But in sincerity, I think that's a wee bit sad.

I think what's most sad- or frightening is so many just blindly subscribe to that way of thinking and question nothing.

Kagom said:
Psychologists call that group think ^.^

They do indeed. I think we need a new improved rendition of the old "question authority" saying, to something like "question the hand that claims it will always feed you" ?

jAZ said:
Your attept to spin my comments into something you have a chance to attack is rather sad, but not at all uncommon around here. I'm spending an awefully lot of energy calling "BS" on folks here who love to play that game.

Can you unspin yourself for a second to look past your party-line venom and understand the concepts of sets, sub-sets and the venn diagram?

Saying that racists shifted to the GOP DOES NOT mean that the GOP is entierly (or even substantially) racist.

LMAO. You wish to be treated as a lib who doesn't act like one; yet, you act like one. You don't like to hear something, it immediately degenerates into you questioning my ability to comprehend. THAT is right out of the Lefty Handbook.

Wanting to make your accusation without rebuttal is from the same book, different page.

I said in one of my earliest posts in this thread that racism knows no bounds and you agreed; yet, you choose to place artifical bounds on it to favor your political agenda.

You flat-out stated the Southern racists went to the GOP. That's pretty cut-n-dried. The implication on your part is pretty-damned-clear. You tapdanced around that statement like someone doing the two step to a waltz.

Fact: Racists, individually or collectively (KKK), are not catered to/courted by either the GOP nor DNC. The DNC accepts racist votes without question every bit as much as the GOP.

Racism is not a conservative value. It is not a liberal value. It is fear and/or hatred of difference due mostly to ignorance and not a little stupidity.

Now, if you remove the implication that racists, as an entity exist within the GOP, just exactly what is your point? Nothing. You were pointing fingers and you got one back in your face.

Bonnie said:
They do indeed. I think we need a new improved rendition of the old "question authority" saying, to something like "question the hand that claims it will always feed you" ?
I'd say it should be more along the line of "Question authority if it seems to be lying or unethical."

1924 Democratic National Convention & Klanbake

The 1924 Democratic National Convention, also called the Klanbake,[1] held at the Madison Square Garden in New York City from June 24 to July 9, took a record 103 ballots to nominate a presidential candidate. It was the longest continuously running convention in United States political history. It was the first major party national convention that saw the name of a woman, Lena Springs, placed in nomination for the office of Vice President. It was also known for the strong influence of the Ku Klux Klan. John W. Davis, initially an outsider, eventually won the presidential nomination as a compromise candidate following a virtual war of attrition between front-runners William Gibbs McAdoo and Al Smith.

Davis went on to be defeated by incumbent President Calvin Coolidge in the United States presidential election of 1924.

Ku Klux Klan
The Ku Klux Klan, a relic of post-Civil War Reconstruction, was resurrected after the 1915 release of D.W. Griffith's very popular motion picture The Birth of a Nation. After World War I, the popularity of the Klan surged, and it became a political power in many regions of the United States, particularly in the South. It was also popular in the border states, the Mountain States, and the West. Its local political strength gave it a major role in the 1924 Democratic Party National Convention (DNC). However, its participation was unwelcome by many DNC delegates, such as Catholics from the major cities of the Northeast and Midwest. The tension between pro- and anti-Klan delegates produced an intense and sometimes violent showdown between convention attendees from the states of Colorado and Missouri.[citation needed] Klan delegates opposed the nomination of New York Governor Al Smith because Smith was a Roman Catholic. Smith campaigned against William Gibbs McAdoo, who had the support of most Klan delegates.

KKK platform plank
The second dispute of the convention revolved around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama, to condemn the organization for its violence in the Democratic Party's platform. Klan delegates defeated the platform plank in a series of floor debates. To celebrate, tens of thousands of hooded Klansmen rallied in a field in New Jersey opposite of the convention building.[2] This event, known subsequently as the "Klanbake",[citation needed] was also attended by hundreds of Klan delegates to the convention, who burned crosses, urged violence and intimidation against African Americans and Catholics, and attacked effigies of Smith.[citation needed]

1924 Democratic National Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
It amazes me how retarded home schooled children are when it comes to this shit.

I'm assuming you're home schooled right? Because if you were fucking taught in school, from real history books about the real history of the time period, you would realize that the KKK were conservatives, and the democratic party at the time was pretty much dominated by conservatives from the south. THE SAME CONSERVATIVES IN THE SOUTH TODAY. There wasn't a fucking polarity shift. The northern liberals didn't suddenly become the southern conservatives and vice versa.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Idiots who, when speaking of slavery and racism in the 1800's mention democratic and republican... but never mention liberal and conservative. THE PARTIES HAVE NOT BEEN FUCKING STATIC.

Those slave owners and KKK members in the 1800's would have way more the fuck in common with you than they ever would with me.

Last edited:
Just to throw something out there....for fun....

The Ku Klux Klan was formed as a social club by a group of Confederate Army veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee in the winter of 1865-66. The group adopted the name Ku Klux Klan from the Greek word "kyklos," meaning circle, and the English word clan. In the summer of 1867, the Klan became the "Invisible Empire of the South" at a convention in Nashville, Tennessee attended by delegates from former Confederate states. The group was presided over General Nathan Bedford Forrest, who is believed to have been the first Grand Wizard -- the title for the head of the organization. Lesser officers were given such names as Grand Dragon, Grand Titan, and Grand Cyclops. Dressed in robes and sheets, intended to prevent identification by the occupying federal troops (and supposedly designed to frighten blacks), the Klan quickly became a terrorist organization in service of the Democratic Party and white supremacy. Between 1869 and 1871 its goal was to destroy Congressional Reconstruction by murdering blacks -- and some whites -- who were either active in Republican politics or educating black children.

The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow. Jim Crow Stories . Ku Klux Klan | PBS
You are bringing up a story and applying it to modern day where it's likely the SONS & DAUGHTERS of these people are likely dead? Hell... Some of their grandchildren likely died of old age.

Last edited:

The Ku Klux Klan was formed as a social club by a group of Confederate Army veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee in the winter of 1865-66. The group adopted the name Ku Klux Klan from the Greek word "kyklos," meaning circle, and the English word clan. In the summer of 1867, the Klan became the "Invisible Empire of the South" at a convention in Nashville, Tennessee attended by delegates from former Confederate states. The group was presided over General Nathan Bedford Forrest, who is believed to have been the first Grand Wizard -- the title for the head of the organization. Lesser officers were given such names as Grand Dragon, Grand Titan, and Grand Cyclops. Dressed in robes and sheets, intended to prevent identification by the occupying federal troops (and supposedly designed to frighten blacks), the Klan quickly became a terrorist organization in service of the Democratic Party and white supremacy. Between 1869 and 1871 its goal was to destroy Congressional Reconstruction by murdering blacks -- and some whites -- who were either active in Republican politics or educating black children.

You are bringing up a story and applying it to modern day where it's likely the SONS & DAUGHTERS of these people are likely dead? Hell... Some of their grandchildren likely died of old age.

participed in the 1924 Klanbake... :D

Well their kids are still likely dead. Jeez.

I mean damn... Are you guys still pissed off at Germany for WW2? Let it fuck'n go.

Well their kids are still likely dead. Jeez.

I mean damn... Are you guys still pissed off at Germany for WW2? Let it fuck'n go.

Typical liberal bull shit, you start out with grandchildren and end up with kids so now I'M thinking play the game. Lets go with great, great great, great great great grandchildren.
How's that grab yo occupied ass???

:eusa_whistle:

Dems Claim They Led Fight for Civil Rights By Supporting Slavery

by Daniel Greenfield
Sep 5th, 2012

I’m starting to wonder if the Democratic Party isn’t a party of liars, but a party of people so abysmally ignorant of basic history that they don’t even know that they’re lying anymore.

For more than 200 years, our party has led the fight for civil rights, health care, Social Security, workers’ rights, and women’s rights.

That’s the claim on the Democrats site under “Our History”

I’m interested to hear about Andrew Jackson’s support for health care reform and his civil rights achievements on the Trail of Tears. And I doubt that Andrew Jackson’s Petticoat Affair (not what you think) really qualifies as feminism.

The Democrats seem to think that they were fighting for civil rights while supporting slavery. Perhaps they mean this notable support for civil rights from the Democratic Party Platform of 1868.

---
Dems Claim They Led Fight for Civil Rights By Supporting Slavery | FrontPage Magazine

byrdkkk2oa0.jpg

Democrat Sen. Robert C. Byrd Exalted Cyclops

Forum List

Back