The Kiddie Wing of the GOP

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
WOW! Is this article supposed to be an attempt at unifying Republicans or increasing the division?

The Kiddie Wing of the GOP
Debra J. Saunders, San Francisco Chronicle
February 7, 2008

...McCain has been solid on Iraq. He wants to make the Bush tax cuts permanent. In a culture of big spending, McCain has been righteous in his fight against legislated pork. McCain also has been a reliable anti-abortion vote. He campaigned tirelessly for George W. Bush in 2004. His lifetime American Conservative Union rating is 82 percent.

Only an ignoramus would call McCain's record to the left of Hillary Clinton's.

California Republicans are not fools. Party biggies excluded independent voters in a primary that seemed rigged for Romney, but voters themselves delivered an estimated 161 out of 173 delegates to the out-funded McCain. If you go by the votes, the McCain-Over-My-Dead-Body Crowd is vocal, but tiny--despite the wrath of talk-show giants and the deluge of Mitt's millions.

When you listen to the McCain haters, you realize that they aren't angry at McCain's record or his votes, so much as they're incensed that the Arizona senator works with Democrats.

To the purists, elected officials are supposed to go to Washington to not work with those on the other side of the aisle. It is as if they think U.S. senators should spend the day pointing pea-shooters at each other. They don't want results. They want a food fight.

This is not the conservative base; it is the kiddie wing of the Republican Party.

for the full article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2008/02/07/EDMMUSIEV.DTL&type=printable

Don't worry. The Establishment will send them to their room. Republicans who actually care about conservatism have been sitting at the kiddie table for decades in any event.

I am going to bitchslap the next idiot who calls McCain a "maverick" for being liberal. Have you ever heard the media call a Democrat who leans conservative a "maverick"?

Don't worry. The Establishment will send them to their room. Republicans who actually care about conservatism have been sitting at the kiddie table for decades in any event.

I am going to bitchslap the next idiot who calls McCain a "maverick" for being liberal. Have you ever heard the media call a Democrat who leans conservative a "maverick"?

1.) McCain is a "maverick" for being liberal.

2.) Wisconsin's maverick liberal

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/19/proxmire.shields/index.html

1.) McCain is a "maverick" for being liberal.

2.) Wisconsin's maverick liberal

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/19/proxmire.shields/index.html

Matt, with all due respect, the GOP doesn't need liberals...least of all, one who may possibly be the next president. The Democrats are offering enough liberals of their own.

The fact that both parties are showcasing liberals as the next president, means to me that big government is here to stay. I'm personally doing all that I can to stop that from happening.

You'd be proud, RGS.

Matt, with all due respect, the GOP doesn't need liberals...least of all, one who may possibly be the next president. The Democrats are offering enough liberals of their own.

The fact that both parties are showcasing liberals as the next president, means to me that big government is here to stay. I'm personally doing all that I can to stop that from happening.

You'd be proud, RGS.

There are moderate (conservative) Democrats and there are liberal Democrats. There are moderate (liberal) Republicans and there are conservative Republicans.

Unfortunately, in this presidential election it looks as though we will end up choosing between a moderate (liberal) Republican called McCain and a liberal democrat (either Obama or Clinton).

I’ll probably vote for McCain. I’d actually rather have a liberal Republican than a conservative Republican. The fact that both parties are showcasing liberals as the next president means a lot of things.

Forum List

Back