The Keys to the White House

Using this cute little poll of White House keys, it is obvious that today President Obama would easily be reelected.

By coincidence, all major public polls are showing the same thing

Much can change in the next eight months but based on current information it looks good

Last edited:
I would say that if we are in a recession or even close to it, then Obama is toast and it won't matter much about the rest of the keys. That UE number is huge, no president has been re-elected with that number above 7% since FDR I think. Since I don't see the UE getting down that far, I rate #5 as a FALSE.

I also think that if somebody on the conservative side decides to run as a 3rd party, and is a serious enough candidate, then Obama would get re-elected assuming the above is true and we're not in dire straits economically.

Key #7 is interesting too, the ACA could be declared unconstitutional, all or in part before the election. Last I looked, a majority of people still don't like it, and favor a repeal or replacement. Sorry, no credit the Big O here.

Key #8, no sustained social unrest. Does the Tea Party qualify? or the OWSers? What about the unrest over labor issues in Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, and other places? FALSE

Key #9, no major scandals. What counts as major, we've had issue after issue from day one with Obama. Maybe nothing by itself stands as major, but so many things have to add up. Big thing is, will the repubs publicize the various Obama picadillos?

Key #10, we didn't support the Tehran revolt, we've got big problems with Pakistan, Egypt, and Syria, and I don't think many jews are real happy with Obama's treatment of Netanyahu or Israel.

Key 11, I credit Obama for his decision to kill OBL. How much credit does he get for a one off though. The rest of his foreign policy sucks, all the asskissing and scraping and bowing does not play well in Peoria.

Key #12, I don't think Obama is as charismatic as he was back in '08. Charisma only works when you can sway people to your point of view, I think he's lost his mojo there.

Key 13: Challenger charisma: LOL, not a one of 'em could charm anybody. But this election is not about the repub challenger, it's a referendum on Obama.

i wanna play.

Which 6? I got 5, tops.
1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10.

We're not in a recession. The others are the ones that made my "5, tops."

But I think 8, 9, & 10 are each quite a stretch individually... To claim all three might be revealing a bit of Cali-style 'Critical thinking.' :D
Technically, we are not in a recession. True. But, upon reading that section of the book, that's not all that relevant. It's the perception of the voter (naturally). If the voters believe we are in a recession, then that's what we are.

As Jefferson said (paraphrased), voters, in general, aren't the brightest bulbs in the box. Half of the voters have IQs < 100.

So, that's why no. 5 gets a check from me.

(BTW, it's not a poll or a survey. It's a book. Just read the first chapter, even...I found it interesting.)

Key 13: Challenger charisma: The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero.

Does this 13 Keys take into consideration when the challenging party is unable to nominate a legitimate candidate?
What does a "legitimate candidate" mean to you?

See, I figure the problem might be that several posters here appear to be intellectually lazy. They read only what is actually in front of them. The keys are clearly applicable after the primary season is done and there is an incumbent and a challenger. Logic. LOL

1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10.

But I think 8, 9, & 10 are each quite a stretch individually... To claim all three might be revealing a bit of Cali-style 'Critical thinking.' :D
Technically, we are not in a recession. True. But, upon reading that section of the book, that's not all that relevant. It's the perception of the voter (naturally). If the voters believe we are in a recession, then that's what we are.

As Jefferson said (paraphrased), voters, in general, aren't the brightest bulbs in the box. Half of the voters have IQs < 100.

(BTW, it's not a poll or a survey. It's a book. Just read the first chapter, even...I found it interesting.)
90-110 is average for IQ. 50% fall in this category; 25% above, 25% below. And key points aside; the economy is growing too slowly for Obama to have anything but a tough row to hoe.

90-110 is average for IQ. 50% fall in this category; 25% above, 25% below. And key points aside; the economy is growing too slowly for Obama to have anything but a tough row to hoe.
LOL. By definition of the IQ, a value of 100 for an IQ is the median. I'm hoping you know what median means.

So, I'm more than confident that my 50% statement is completely accurate. ;)

Cali, nothing original yet, lots of mundane stuff - but this is at least kinda interesting. I consider only one false.

Number 8 is debatable but the question is sustained and the tea party whiners fell in line with the republican party which makes them part of the same. OWS while interesting, does not have the money of Koch brothers or other wealthy tea party supporters. Hard to say what impact ows has had? Power is still where it has been for many years.

Forum List

Back