The KEEB Thread

manu1959 said:
the bible is man's interpretaion of what they belive the word of god is....until gods shows up and says those are my words.....tis all faith

That's a very reasonable position. To claim, however, that someone elses religion is "made up" is a major case of pot calling kettle black.

MissileMan said:
That's a very reasonable position. To claim, however, that someone elses religion is "made up" is a major case of pot calling kettle black.

as some point everything is made up

SpidermanTuba said:
That's not Keeb, that's just someone named Keeb.

I demand that my view of Creation, the 1st chapter of the 3rd Book of Keeb, be taught alongside evolution as an equally valid view of how the UNiverse was formed. It takes just as much faith to believe in evolution, and Creation through Keeb is certainly no more ridiculous than evolution,.
Nah, this Cult hasn't enough membership to be considered a religion yet...

Now this one has:

http://www.venganza.org/

gop_jeff said:
I knew there would be a point to this thread... :rolleyes:

The book of Keeb can be shown to be completely made up, whereas <b>the Bible can be proven to be the Word of God</b>. Nice try, though.

Sorry, but it can't. Unless you've come across some objective and independently verifiable evidence in the few minutes prior to my writing this post.

gop_jeff said:
I hate to just post a link and call it good, so let me summarize the link:

There are two types of evidence that show that the Bible is the Word of God. The first, internal evidence, includes its unity of theme, fulfilled prophecies contained within, and its own claim that it is, in fact, the Word of God. The second type of evidence, external evidence, includes archaeological and historical evidence that corroborates (sp?) with what the Bible says, the character of the human authors of the Bible, and its survivability in spite of persecution.

So the Bible is

a) self consistent

and

b) on many points historically accurate.

Wow, it must be the word of God. And so must be, by the same logic, the Encyclopedia Brittanica.

From the link:

"Not only was it foretold where He would be born and what family He would come from, but also how He would die and that He would rise again on the third day."

Wow - what a surprise. The people who wrote the books about the person they claimed to be the son of God actually wrote that all the prophesies were fulfilled. I'm sure they had no idea what those prophesies were beforehand, either.

"There simply is no logical way to explain the fulfilled prophecies in the Bible other than by divine origin. "

Or maybe its because the writers of the later books knew what the prophesies to be fulfilled were before they wrote their books. But that wouldn't be a logical explanation at all, nah!

" the Bible remains one unified book from beginning to end without contradiction"

Are you kidding? The Bible is full of contradictions. Who was Joseph's father? Was it Jacob, or Heli?

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

New Topics

Forum List

Back