The Joke Is on Liberals, Says Dennis Miller, Host of His Own Show Again

Originally posted by bamthin
Dennis Miller proved how popular he is by getting shitcanned from Monday Night Football. Funny story about Dennis Miller. My wife was a flight attendant for American Airlines. When she worked position one, which caters to the first class cabin, she would often have celebs in her care. She had Dennis Miller on one of her flights and said he was the rudest man she had ever met. When he wanted another drink, he would just lift his glass and shake the ice cubes while not even looking up. She said he was an absolute ass to any person who approached him.

He will be a great Rush clone.

-Bam
Interesting how you presume to know why he's no longer on ABC Monday night football. I'm quite sure that it has more to do with the low IQ of the people watching than Dennis Miller, who, by the way, has an unquestioned knowledge of football. Even his detractors recognized that. The problem was that most of Americans failed to understand his comparisons and - no disprespect to you, Dan - but they were too stupid to learn rather than just trash him.

Besides, ABC had the chance to hire Madden. Regardless of Dennis Miller's competence, Madden was obviously the bigger draw.

The problem was that most of Americans failed to understand his comparisons and - no disprespect to you, Dan - but they were too stupid to learn rather than just trash him.

None taken, ASS!!!!:p:

Seriously, though, I get why people like him and I have nothing against him personally, he just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather not need to consult an encyclopedia every other joke when I'm watching a comedy act. To be fair, though, this has nothing to do with his politics, I didn't care for him back when he was a liberal, either.

His humor is probably just head and shoulders above what you are used to.

Maybe. We've already had the argument over Jim Norton who, in what I've heard of his act, is about as lowbrow as you can get (in his act, mind you, I'll admit that when he discusses politics on "Tough Crowd", he's actually fairly well-spoken). I guess I'm just kind of middle-of-the-road. Maybe that makes me stupid, I dunno.

Originally posted by Dan
Maybe. We've already had the argument over Jim Norton who, in what I've heard of his act, is about as lowbrow as you can get (in his act, mind you, I'll admit that when he discusses politics on "Tough Crowd", he's actually fairly well-spoken). I guess I'm just kind of middle-of-the-road. Maybe that makes me stupid, I dunno.

No

The argument we had over Jim Norton was over whether his comedy was any good or not. That's just an opinion on what type of comedy someone likes. If you don't like vulgarity and self deprecation then you won't like Norton.

Most people that state they don't care for Dennis Miller will admit that they don't understand his brand of humor. He appeals to a much different crowd than we are used to.

I don't think lack of understanding makes him less of a comedian.

I remember a couple years back when I was on vacation in South Carolina, staying up late to watch TV while everyone else hit the hay. There was one guy there that switched channels and put on the Dennis Miller Live show and claimed he watched it all the time and that Miller was hilarious. It was perhaps one of the first times I watched one of his complete shows. Do you remember who that guy was?

Originally posted by jimnyc
His humor is probably just head and shoulders above what you are used to. He IS quite popular though and can pretty much write his own ticket across any talk show platform. He was on SNL, had his own HBO show, he's been in quite a few movies and was on MNF. You don't have to like him, but to say he isn't popular is a bit off base.

Running from reality IS the great Liberal pasttime, after all.:rolleyes:

I remember a couple years back when I was on vacation in South Carolina, staying up late to watch TV while everyone else hit the hay. There was one guy there that switched channels and put on the Dennis Miller Live show and claimed he watched it all the time and that Miller was hilarious. It was perhaps one of the first times I watched one of his complete shows. Do you remember who that guy was?

Did I really? Oh, well, I guess you got me there. My tastes must've just changed since then. Maybe I was just trying to pretend I liked him to make myself look smart?

I don't think lack of understanding makes him less of a comedian.

See, but for me it does. I'm not saying on a general basis, he's horrible, just in my personal opinion, I don't care for it because most of his references are over my head. I will admit that he is a little funny when I understand him. Oh, well, I guess this is another one we have to agree to disagree on.

Forum List

Back