The job creators.

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
U.S. multinational corporations, the big brand-name companies that employ a fifth of all American workers, have been hiring abroad while cutting back at home, sharpening the debate over globalization's effect on the U.S. economy.

The companies cut their work forces in the U.S. by 2.9 million during the 2000s while increasing employment overseas by 2.4 million, new data from the U.S. Commerce Department show. That's a big switch from the 1990s, when they added jobs everywhere: 4.4 million in the U.S. and 2.7 million abroad
Big U.S. Firms Shift Hiring Abroad - WSJ.com

When you see data like this, and take that in conjunction with phrase " cutting taxes stimulates job creation" you have to believe they are right. The only problem is it also stimulates "job creation" in other nations and leads to less jobs in this nation. While not an advocate for massive tax increases, there has to be a better solution than just simply digging your feet in sand each and everytime someone proposes a revenue increase based on the flawed asumption that cutting taxes creates jobs, yes it creates jobs but just not in this nation.

Cutting corporate tax rates and the rates on bringing money back here they've earned overseas would be a step in the right direction. We're behind the eight ball in those regards vs. other countries.

So we're to believe that the difference between a Chinese worker making 10 cents an hour and an American worker making 20 dollars an hour is all taxes and regulations?

I smell bullshit.

So we're to believe that the difference between a Chinese worker making 10 cents an hour and an American worker making 20 dollars an hour is all taxes and regulations?

I smell bullshit.

I blame the unions why a lot of companies went to China. They bitched and whined about they needed to make more and more money and unsustainable benefits.

I smell bullshit.

I blame the unions why a lot of companies went to China. They bitched and whined about they needed to make more and more money and unsustainable benefits.

If only American workers would be satisfied making less money we'd all be a lot better off.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Forum List

Back