The Jewish-Hebrew Bible proves Jesus is the Messiah

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by PetriFB, May 14, 2019.

1. Third Party

Third Party Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,488
    The Tao of Pooh is an easier read.

2. admonit

admonit VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    For almost 2000 years Christian theologians have been trying to prove the unprovable.
    As said Confucius: “The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.”

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist / Universalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,366
    Dear Tijn Von Ingersleben
    Actually Muslims are called to respect ALL prophets sent by God. So this means following the laws of the Torah, the Biblical Scriptures, and Quran.

And recognizing Jews, Christians, Muslims as People of the Book
    all under the same God.

NOTE 1: Even with following the Bible, there are still two folds of the believers under Scriptural laws and the gentiles under Natural laws. So Muslims can be of either group, and either receiving Christ DIRECTLY as Christians do or respecting Christ and Christians as NEIGHBORS as secular gentiles do to still live in peace. Either way both Muslims and Christians are still called to obedience to God and God's laws, civil laws and authority.

NOTE 2: Even with following Islam and Mohammad, there are conflicts caused between verses in the Quran (where the later verses have precedent over earlier ones) and the TEACHINGS of Mohammad that sometimes come from the Hadith OUTSIDE the Quran (and are not supposed to take precedent over the Quran).

For example, the verses about waging war are EARLIER in the Quran (during periods of religious warfare) while the verses on peaceful coexistence are near the very end in SURA 109 (about letting people part ways if they have differences). However the INTERPRETATIONS given by Mohammad to EXPLAIN that SURA 109 means peace not war are NOT inside but outside the Quran. So this explains why there are conflicting groups, either taking Mohammad's later teachings to mean PEACE, or still taking earlier verses out of context to justify WAR.

If all Muslims follow the Bible as called, to live in peace with Jews Christians and Muslims, then the Bible would instruct these Believers to resolve issues by agreement with God in Christ Jesus, to make peace not war.

4. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,197
    ^^^^^^ LOL the first lesson to suckling muslim infants is----jews and Christians PERVERTED the words of "allah" and are shit and should be
    oppressed and exploited, and raped and enslaved. I learned these lessons
    in mosques and from muslims educated in muslim schools

5. ding

ding Confront reality

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,454
    That was stunningly devoid of logic and explanation. I’ve explained to you several times in great detail what the main messages of Genesis are. You have yet to disagree with any of my assertions. It seems the only thing you can say you disagree with is I don’t read Genesis literally so I am wrong. But since you can’t point out any one specific thing I have gotten wrong I’m not sure how you can arrive at that conclusion logically.

6. rylah

rylah Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,675
    According to Your own logic the main messages are lost.
    Thus making that explanation void and unverifiable.

You're eating soup with a fork.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  7. ding

ding Confront reality

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,454
    And yet they can be solved/discovered through inspection using logic and reason.

Would you like to have a bullring discussion on this?

8. rylah

rylah Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,675
    I think the constant reliance on "I believe", has proven beyond doubt the lack of any logic or reason to Your circular nonsense.

Quiet ironic, for someone who points at religion as main problem, to present such a fundamentally religious attitude to his personal opinion.

9. ding

ding Confront reality

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,454
    Would you like for me to explain Genesis to you?

I am perfectly happy to hear your interpretation of it. In fact, I have asked you several questions which you dodged.

It would seem to me your position would be stronger if you actually took a position on what you believed.

10. rylah

rylah Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,675
    I'm not interested in any baseless subjective interpretations,
    neither Yours nor mine.

• Funny Funny x 1