The JackAzz

some things aren't about "money" modmoron. Expense is why you advocate letting illegals steal us blind too. It don't wash.

Actually, Jeremy used the money argument, hence why I refuted it. You want to use emotional reasoning for something where using emotional reasoning is a bad move in general. The same thing I just said to Jeremy applies to you as well. However, I hope to never see you try and talk about how much you want to see the Constitution protected ever again on this site since you're so willing to throw it in a blender when it suits your views.

He beat, raped, tortured and murdered innocent people and the price for those heinous crimes should be death, nothing less.

Fuck that sick animal. I say we give him a million paper cuts all over his body with copies of the constitution and throw his ass into a pool of lemon juice.

I'm sure you do. But there's a reason why it's called the justice system and not the revenge system. The Constitution is in place for a reason, as is the amendment where it states no cruel and unusual punishment.

Now imagine for a moment that this "animal" was innocent (not saying he is, just saying in general), what then? How do you pay back someone after giving them a million paper cuts all over his body and throwing his body in a pool of lemon juice, likely killing him? Sorry? Sorry isn't going to cut it. Sorry isn't going to bring the person back to their family.

Ask yourself whether you would be willing to put your life on the line when it comes to handing down death penalty verdicts.

While I would agree that the death penalty is used far to liberally in this country..in this particular case, it's more then justified.

Even the possiblity of people that monsterous, let loose again on society is to much. There is no question these people did this horrendous crime.

He beat, raped, tortured and murdered innocent people and the price for those heinous crimes should be death, nothing less.

What gets someone the death penalty? One beating? One rape? One murder? A combination of those? What if the person is mentally ill? What if the person is innocent? Again, the death penalty system is broken. Why people want to continue to have such a system in place is beyond me.

While I would agree that the death penalty is used far to liberally in this country..in this particular case, it's more then justified.

Even the possiblity of people that monsterous, let loose again on society is to much. There is no question these people did this horrendous crime.

If we're going to make the assumption that someone could be let loose again on society, then the argument can be made to kill all criminals. After all, if one murderer or one psychopath can get free, why not eliminate them all?

A life in prison sentence is well deserving for the individuals that committed these crimes. If they're dead, it's not for certain they're going to suffer anymore, after all, people's assumption that they will burn in hell is exactly that. A assumption.

some things aren't about "money" modmoron. Expense is why you advocate letting illegals steal us blind too. It don't wash.

Actually, Jeremy used the money argument, hence why I refuted it. You want to use emotional reasoning for something where using emotional reasoning is a bad move in general. The same thing I just said to Jeremy applies to you as well. However, I hope to never see you try and talk about how much you want to see the Constitution protected ever again on this site since you're so willing to throw it in a blender when it suits your views.

Let me put it to you this way MODMORN. The survivor of your favored criminals favors them being put to death. for some reason I value his opinion much more than yours. I have no use for people who want to coddle murderers.

Let me put it to you this way MODMORN. The survivor of your favored criminals favors them being put to death. for some reason I value his opinion much more than yours. I have no use for people who want to coddle murderers.

So now we give out punishments based out what the victim wants? Awesome! I wonder if you would feel that way if you caused someone else harm.

I value the opinion of the American Law Institute on this issue.

American Law Institute Abandons Death Penalty Work - Legislation & Policymaking - FindLaw Blotter

The American Law Institute is walking away from its decades of death penalty work that has helped to shape and synthesize our modern capital justice system.

According to the New York Times, the American Law institute is made up of about 4,000 judges, lawyers and law professors and is responsible for creating the framework for the modern capital justice system almost 50 years ago. The group has decided to abandon the field, citing frustration and that the justice system in the United States is irretrievably broken.

So now we give out punishments based out what the victim wants? Awesome! I wonder if you would feel that way if you caused someone else harm.

I value the opinion of the American Law Institute on this issue.

American Law Institute Abandons Death Penalty Work - Legislation & Policymaking - FindLaw Blotter

The American Law Institute is walking away from its decades of death penalty work that has helped to shape and synthesize our modern capital justice system.

According to the New York Times, the American Law institute is made up of about 4,000 judges, lawyers and law professors and is responsible for creating the framework for the modern capital justice system almost 50 years ago. The group has decided to abandon the field, citing frustration and that the justice system in the United States is irretrievably broken.

Well good for you. But as of this writing the death penalty is constitutional. These murderers deserve it and now one of them is going to get it and the victim sure as hell agrees that justice has been served. The death penalty was not given because he want it, see" that's why everyone thinks you are such a dishonest fuck. So now that you've made the claim it is your responsibility to name one death penalty that has been handed down because that what the victim wanted. Go ahead. I fucking thought that decison was up to a Judge, a Jury and a Prosecutor. But you go ahead and prove your stupid claim.

What gets someone the death penalty? One beating? One rape? One murder? A combination of those? What if the person is mentally ill? What if the person is innocent? Again, the death penalty system is broken. Why people want to continue to have such a system in place is beyond me.

This guy deserves the death penalty. No two ways about it.

Well good for you. But as of this writing the death penalty is constitutional. These murderers deserve it and now one of them is going to get it and the victim sure as hell agrees that justice has been served. The death penalty was not given because he want it, see" that's why everyone thinks you are such a dishonest fuck. So now that you've made the claim it is your responsibility to name one death penalty that has been handed down because that what the victim wanted. Go ahead. I fucking thought that decison was up to a Judge, a Jury and a Prosecutor. But you go ahead and prove your stupid claim.

I would take the opinion of the American Law Institute, the group that helped to reestablish the death penalty over your own.

You say you value the survivor's opinion over mine, I merely remarked that you have high esteem in the victim's opinion that I wonder whether it would apply in general. Don't try to act like I've been dishonest in this thread when I haven't been.

It's sad you have to resort to dishonest and intentionally framing my argument wrong in order to try and act like you're making the better argument. I never once said any decision has been handed down because that's what the victim wanted.

I have no claim to prove, it's make-believe on your part, much like the thought you have an argument here.

The Death Penalty usage in a broken system makes absolutely no sense. On top of that, the original argument, whether we should have these terrible things said (a million paper cuts and then thrown into lemon juice) happen to the criminals goes against the Constitution.

You have yet to rectify your stance that you believe in the Constitution and wish to see the Republicans enforce it but are so willing to throw it into the blender when it doesn't reflect your viewpoint. Ball's in your court.

This guy deserves the death penalty. No two ways about it.

Except we're not talking about simply this one person. The death penalty system is much larger than one person.

Death Penalty and Race

In a 1990 report, the non-partisan U.S. General Accounting Office found "a pattern of evidence indicating racial disparities in the charging, sentencing, and imposition of the death penalty." The study concluded that a defendant was several times more likely to be sentenced to death if the murder victim was white. This has been confirmed by the findings of many other studies that, holding all other factors constant, the single most reliable predictor of whether someone will be sentenced to death is the race of the victim.

A report sponsored by the American Bar Association in 2007 concluded that one-third of African-American death row inmates in Philadelphia would have received sentences of life imprisonment if they had not been African-American.

A 2007 study of death sentences in Connecticut conducted by Yale University School of Law revealed that African-American defendants receive the death penalty at three times the rate of white defendants in cases where the victims are white. In addition, killers of white victims are treated more severely than people who kill minorities, when it comes to deciding what charges to bring.

Are you willing to let innocent people die in order to have a broken system in place that may have "justice" done to certain criminals?

Well Mod, in this particular thread George Costanza asked specifically about this guy in this case and how I would go about his execution. The OP was about this specific guy in this specific case, not how whites and minorities are treated in sentencing, etc. And no one was talking about letting innocent people die nor were they saying the system doesn't need improvement. The OP was very specific to the CT case.

Why don't you think he should be put to death for his crimes?

Well Mod, in this particular thread George Costanza asked specifically about this guy in this case and how I would go about his execution. The OP was about this specific guy in this specific case, not how whites and minorities are treated in sentencing, etc. And no one was talking about letting innocent people die nor were they saying the system doesn't need improvement. The OP was very specific to the CT case.

I don't think we should have the system in place, it's that simple. It's not a matter of whether I think a particular person should be dead or not. You never answered my question however. I'm going off the OP.

Are you willing to let innocent people die in order to have a broken system in place that may have "justice" done to certain criminals? Yes or no. It's quite a simple question really.

I don't think we should have the system in place, it's that simple. It's not a matter of whether I think a particular person should be dead or not. You never answered my question however. I'm going off the OP.

Are you willing to let innocent people die in order to have a broken system in place that may have "justice" done to certain criminals? Yes or no. It's quite a simple question really.

Then fix what's broken; the death penalty should stay.

You didn't really answer my question. Do you think this guy should be put to death for his crimes (not if we should have this system in place)?

You didn't really answer my question. Do you think this guy should be put to death for his crimes (not if we should have this system in place)?

Except you can't. Did you not read what the American Law Institute said? It's not like this is some random group that said it.

Definition of the word irretrievably:

irretrievably - definition of irretrievably by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Difficult or impossible to retrieve or recover

You still haven't answered my question, can you give me a straight answer or not? Yes or no. This is not a "what if they fix this" kind of question I'm asking.

If you're not going to give me a honest yes or no, I'm going to assume yes, you would be more than willing to have a system that kills innocent people as long as they get some people who did actually commit heinous crimes killed.

I'm more than willing to answer your question with no problem. No, let him rot in prison for the rest of his life with no possibility of parole. The reason the guy wants the death penalty isn't because he's too much of a coward to kill himself, it's because the minute he's put in general population he's dead. If it's one thing that prisoners do not like, it's those who rape and or kill kids. This guy is screwed the minute he steps in that place.

To add, the world would be a better place without this criminal in it. No doubt, what the guy did was heinous and wrong to the extreme. However, getting rid of the death penalty system doesn't mean keeping it around for so called special cases because it just doesn't happen like that in the real world. I also like to stay consistent in my ideas/views.

I say he should die the way he murdered.

How would you set that up? Let's say you are in complete charge of the execution. Exactly how would you arrange it? Remember, the guy is in custody. OK - what now?

(This is a serious question. Please answer it as best you can and then I will show you why it is being asked.)

Hey George! how are you?

Ok, if I were in charge I'd find willing convicts in the prison population to administer a baseball bat beating, have him raped twice, strangle him severely, tie him to a bed, douse him and set the place on fire. Build a small wooden shack and have everything take place there. When the place went up, he'd go with it.

That would be a bit expensive.

How about sticking his testicles in a vice and tightening it until they pop and then cutting off his dick and strangling him with it?

Except you can't. Did you not read what the American Law Institute said? It's not like this is some random group that said it.

irretrievably - definition of irretrievably by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

You still haven't answered my question, can you give me a straight answer or not? Yes or no. This is not a "what if they fix this" kind of question I'm asking.

If you're not going to give me a honest yes or no, I'm going to assume yes, you would be more than willing to have a system that kills innocent people as long as they get some people who did actually commit heinous crimes killed.

I'm more than willing to answer your question with no problem. No, let him rot in prison for the rest of his life with no possibility of parole. The reason the guy wants the death penalty isn't because he's too much of a coward to kill himself, it's because the minute he's put in general population he's dead. If it's one thing that prisoners do not like, it's those who rape and or kill kids. This guy is screwed the minute he steps in that place.

To add, the world would be a better place without this criminal in it. No doubt, what the guy did was heinous and wrong to the extreme. However, getting rid of the death penalty system doesn't mean keeping it around for so called special cases because it just doesn't happen like that in the real world. I also like to stay consistent in my ideas/views.

I didn't even see your post to Willow.

They should continue to resolve the problems. Progress can be made, as noted below. Small steps eventually cover great distances. Will it be perfect? Nothing is and this won't be any different. But that doesn't mean throw it all out.

The termination of the institute's death penalty work comes on the heels of significant progress made last year.

I don't know what the answers are but I do not believe that the death penalty should be abandoned.

As for innocents being executed . . . . what is the percent of this happening? With all the technological advances now (and continuing advances in the future), the chances of innocents being put to death would likely be decreasing.

I'm more than willing to answer your question with no problem. No, let him rot in prison for the rest of his life with no possibility of parole. The reason the guy wants the death penalty isn't because he's too much of a coward to kill himself, it's because the minute he's put in general population he's dead. If it's one thing that prisoners do not like, it's those who rape and or kill kids. This guy is screwed the minute he steps in that place.To add, the world would be a better place without this criminal in it. No doubt, what the guy did was heinous and wrong to the extreme. However, getting rid of the death penalty system doesn't mean keeping it around for so called special cases because it just doesn't happen like that in the real world. I also like to stay consistent in my ideas/views.

So do we have this right? You don't want the death penalty but you are fine with him being murdered in prison by other inmates? Is that what you just said? What a lunatic.

The sentence is appropriate. When we treat criminals the same way they treat their victims, we become less civilized as a society. If, while he awaits his sentence, he gets the crap beaten out of him, raped or whatever by other inmates, so be it.

Forum List

Back