The Islamophobes are going to hate this

Of course they aren't the same, but both books have instances where their god is responsible for mass murder and calls for their believers to kill non-believers.

The good thing about being non-religious, is I don't have to think up excuses for why my particular god did certain disgusting things that would make Hitler look like a fluffy kitten playing with yarn.

Yes there is violence in the Bible and critics like yourself are accustomed to using it as an argument against the idea that the Bible is a message from a benevolent God. The violence does give you a wonderful argument when the debate is between believers and nonbelievers of the Bible. This should not cause you to believe that these stories of violence in the Bible provide you with a way to defend the Quran, because it doesn’t work. That is a completely different argument. Most of the violence in the Bible is in stories. Yes, it presents a problem for believers, but it is not the same as the Quran. In the Quran there are commands for the believer to commit violence not merely stories with violence. That makes a world of difference.

There is a very harsh law in both books, and yes it presents a problem for believers of the Bible, and believers must construct what you would call an excuse. But in the Quran the brutal law is intended for everyone in the world and the believer is expected to install it using whatever violence or deception is necessary.

I'm not defending the Quran, it's a stupid book full of lies and jibberish and I wish it never existed. I'm just saying don't throw stones from a glass house, don't criticize a holy book for horrifying things it contains then tell me out of that same mouth that your god is perfect and free of flaw when there are tons of biblical stories that show him to be far worse than Stalin.

In the Bible there are also commands for violence, tons of them, just like the Quran.

If you were born in Saudi Arabia to muslim parents we'd be having the exact same convo except in your attacks you'd be replacing the Quran with the Bible.

(SARCASM)
But Drock, you are forgeting that the God of the Bible is the God of the Jews, God's beloved, God's chosen.

Now think about it, if some one was torturing your loved ones, what would you do to them? Wouldn't you hurt them in a manner that they won't soon forget? And if they came back and hurt them again, would you not make them disappear from the face of the earth since the fools couldn't learn?

I know what you are thinking "It is not right to take the life of hated enemies"!

But if the God of Abraham did not take their lives, then what should God do? Bleed on his enemies and bless them? Offer them eternal life? Oh come on, that won't work and you know that! :tongue:

Yes there is violence in the Bible and critics like yourself are accustomed to using it as an argument against the idea that the Bible is a message from a benevolent God. The violence does give you a wonderful argument when the debate is between believers and nonbelievers of the Bible. This should not cause you to believe that these stories of violence in the Bible provide you with a way to defend the Quran, because it doesn’t work. That is a completely different argument. Most of the violence in the Bible is in stories. Yes, it presents a problem for believers, but it is not the same as the Quran. In the Quran there are commands for the believer to commit violence not merely stories with violence. That makes a world of difference.

There is a very harsh law in both books, and yes it presents a problem for believers of the Bible, and believers must construct what you would call an excuse. But in the Quran the brutal law is intended for everyone in the world and the believer is expected to install it using whatever violence or deception is necessary.

I'm not defending the Quran, it's a stupid book full of lies and jibberish and I wish it never existed. I'm just saying don't throw stones from a glass house, don't criticize a holy book for horrifying things it contains then tell me out of that same mouth that your god is perfect and free of flaw when there are tons of biblical stories that show him to be far worse than Stalin.

In the Bible there are also commands for violence, tons of them, just like the Quran.

If you were born in Saudi Arabia to muslim parents we'd be having the exact same convo except in your attacks you'd be replacing the Quran with the Bible.

But, by your statements regarding the acts of God in the Bible, to anyone who has studied the Bible and understands what's actually in it and what it is actually saying, it's very apparent that you do not understand it in the correct context, nor have you studied it to try to understand it.

No, it's very obvious I haven't spun what the Bible said in order to fit today's morals, like you have.

Let's try this, you've already spun one story, do another one and tell me why there's nothing immoral about it.

Exodus 21:7-9 NLT - When a man sells his daughter as a - Bible Gateway

Exodus 21:7-9
New Living Translation (NLT)

7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. 8 If she does not satisfy her owner, he must allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. 9 But if the slave’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave but as a daughter.

Exodus 21:7 - 9 - NAS - without Study Resources - Study Desk

Exodus 21:7-9 "If a man sells his daughter as a slave, she is not..." GNTA - Online Bible Study

I even went as far to provide 2 more sources that say the same thing if you tried to get around it by attacking the source.

Of course they aren't the same, but both books have instances where their god is responsible for mass murder and calls for their believers to kill non-believers.

The good thing about being non-religious, is I don't have to think up excuses for why my particular god did certain disgusting things that would make Hitler look like a fluffy kitten playing with yarn.

In the Bible the Israelites would be commanded to slay a particular people, but the target of this aggression doesn’t exist anymore, so what you have is a story (whether true or false), but not a command to kill anyone today. This is why there’s not a lot of violence in the world right now being inspired by the Bible, and no, based on the target, the Oslo attack was not inspired by the Bible or whatever religious belief the killer might have had.

There has never been a theological reformation in Islam. The level of violence in Islam has varied from one time to another and from one place to another. It has to do with the level of faith, not theology. It's not about different interpretations, but because Mohammed said to be aggressive when the opportunity is there, but be kind if the enemy is stronger. So, in places where Islam is weaker, the Muslims are nicer. In times when Islam is weaker, the Muslims are nicer. After the collapse of the Ottoman empire the Muslim world was in ruin while Europe was well into the industrial age. There were reformers in the Middle East, and it looked like Islam was finished. Islam became very peaceful, and this is how many people percieve Islam.

The oil money restored Islam’s faith, and this lead to an increase in violence and persecution. The most important thing we can do is cut off the oil money, not bomb them.

The increased violence with the increased wealth and strength of Islam is more evidence that this analysis is correct. Islam is kind when weak, and aggressive when strong. This explains the “kind” parts of the Koran. As I’m sure you know, it was the early years when Mohammed was in Mecca that you have all the “kind” and “gentle” verses that the apologists love to quote. Later on when he was in Medina, Mohammed became very violent. The solution to the only significant ambiguity in the Koran is that when Mohammed was in Mecca he was outnumbered and in a time of weakness. In other words, in the early years when Mohammed was in Mecca, he was lying. This destroys every single "kind and gentle" passage in the Koran.

Last edited:

In the Bible the Israelites would be commanded to slay a particular people, but the target of this aggression doesn’t exist anymore, so what you have is a story (whether true or false), but not a command to kill anyone today.

He won't acknowledge that, because if he does it completely implodes the paradigm he's come up with for the Bible.

In the Bible the Israelites would be commanded to slay a particular people, but the target of this aggression doesn’t exist anymore, so what you have is a story (whether true or false), but not a command to kill anyone today.

He won't acknowledge that, because if he does it completely implodes the paradigm he's come up with for the Bible.

There is violence in the Bible, and there are people who take the Bible word for word as literal truth.

How would god ordering mass murder in the past go against me saying there's horribly immoral stuff in the Old Testament?

Please respond to my post on how the Bible thinks the idea of sex slaves should be handled.

How would god ordering mass murder in the past go against me saying there's horribly immoral stuff in the Old Testament?

Please respond to my post on how the Bible thinks the idea of sex slaves should be handled.
The God of the Old Testament is not a nice guy.

The Muslims hating isn't working, but the Islamophobes are the ones most likely insecure about their well being, lmao.

So, more false truths from theists that justify a bunch of bullshit is thriving. Whoopty godamned doo.

I lol'd

Islam is allready treated as a pest here. If it grows even more, someone's gonna do something about it. Just a matter of time before another one screams Allah Akbar

If they start shouting allahu ahkbar before pressing the button to suicide vests here in the States, anyone who cries for political correctness should be silenced with a slap in the face. Militant Islam is a dangerous threat to the entirety of western civilization, they've even declared their intent, but some still think we should be nice to them. They decapitate their victims, and purposefully target innocent civilians. Fuck them, they reap what they sow.

If they start shouting allahu ahkbar before pressing the button to suicide vests here in the States, anyone who cries for political correctness should be silenced with a slap in the face. Militant Islam is a dangerous threat to the entirety of western civilization, they've even declared their intent, but some still think we should be nice to them. They decapitate their victims, and purposefully target innocent civilians. Fuck them, they reap what they sow.

Hey! I'm as politically correct as you can get.
But I can also identify when it will end up shooting us in the foot. ;)

Sometimes, we just need to make exceptions.
I'd say give them a chance, but if they screw up, it's a boot to the ass for them!

Forum List

Back