The Islamic Response To Terrorism

Islam isn't a threat to the world of the non-believer. The threat comes from muslims who politicize and distort Islam to support their quest for world dominance. Funny, that. You could say the same about most politicians!

Does this mean you think the Kalifat is a divine institution? That is a claim made by the very people you point to as moderate and opposed to terrorism.

Khilafat | Caliphate | The Guided Khilafat | Khilafat e Ahmadiyya - Al Islam Online

The problem, as I have told you before, is that Islam is a religion that does not tolerate those who disagree with it. It demands political power as well as spiritual power, and until it is reformed totally it cannot coexist with a free society.

Just in case you all didn't give that web site a good going over and try to find out who it was that was speaking for Muslims, take a look at this from their web site:

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the only Islamic organization to believe that the long-awaited Messiah has come in the person of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad(as) (1835-1908) of Qadian. Ahmad(as) claimed to be the metaphorical second coming of Jesus(as) of Nazareth and the divine gu

Unless I'm mistaken, this makes them like the Mormons of the Islamic faith. So..... yes, they speak for some Muslims, but my guess is that they don't speak for too many (none) Shiites or Sunnis.

Somebody with more Islamic insight than I have can confirm or deny that.

What do you mean by "doesn't tolerate", Quantum Windbag? The RCC teaches that all non-Catholics are going to hell. You make it sound as if most Muslims believe they have a spiritual duty to kill non-Muslims. It's hard for me to accept that 1.5 Billion people share that POV.

What do you mean by "doesn't tolerate", Quantum Windbag? The RCC teaches that all non-Catholics are going to hell. You make it sound as if most Muslims believe they have a spiritual duty to kill non-Muslims. It's hard for me to accept that 1.5 Billion people share that POV.

There is a difference between saying that God is going to send you to hell if you don't listen to Him and killing people who convert to another religion. Christians (to be more precise, the Catholic church) used to kill people who disagreed with or challenged them, just like Islam does today. You do not have mainstream Christian clerics defending abortion clinic bombers, yet you have Islamic clerics defending those who issue death threats to South Park because they talk about how if offends Muslims to portray Muhammad, even if the portrayal is favorable.

Islam is currently in the exact same place Christianity was almost 500 years ago when Martin Luther posted the 95 Thesis on the door of the church. Until Islam is reformed from within the way Christianity was it will be no more tolerant of dissension than the Church was back then.

If you think of Islam today like you think of the Church in the Dark Ages you will have a better understanding of the dynamics involved, and will understand the problems that Muslims face. This will allow you to understand why I can criticize Islam and still understand that not all Muslims are terrorist. Hell, most Muslims are not terrorists, but Islam is a religion that breeds terrorists, just like Christianity in the dark Ages bred fanatics who led Crusades and the Inquisition.

It was the same Bible back then, but the attitude of Christianity was wrong. The attitude of Islam today is wrong.

We are setting an example, the example that if they want to play in the real world they have to learn that people have the right to insult them. It is not a fun lesson, but it is probably the single most important lesson an adult can learn.

There is a difference between saying that God is going to send you to hell if you don't listen to Him and killing people who convert to another religion. Christians (to be more precise, the Catholic church) used to kill people who disagreed with or challenged them, just like Islam does today. You do not have mainstream Christian clerics defending abortion clinic bombers, yet you have Islamic clerics defending those who issue death threats to South Park because they talk about how if offends Muslims to portray Muhammad, even if the portrayal is favorable.

Islam is currently in the exact same place Christianity was almost 500 years ago when Martin Luther posted the 95 Thesis on the door of the church. Until Islam is reformed from within the way Christianity was it will be no more tolerant of dissension than the Church was back then.

If you think of Islam today like you think of the Church in the Dark Ages you will have a better understanding of the dynamics involved, and will understand the problems that Muslims face. This will allow you to understand why I can criticize Islam and still understand that not all Muslims are terrorist. Hell, most Muslims are not terrorists, but Islam is a religion that breeds terrorists, just like Christianity in the dark Ages bred fanatics who led Crusades and the Inquisition.

It was the same Bible back then, but the attitude of Christianity was wrong. The attitude of Islam today is wrong.

Your analogy isn't entirely accurate. (Sunni) Islam doesn't have the sort of highly centralized authority peculiar to the Catholic Church. Strictly speaking, Islam has no clergy or religious hierarchy, only a vast number of disunited scholars to whom lay Muslims can defer if they choose to do so. Some countries in the "Islamic world" have attempted to create state-controlled religious bodies, but no overarching authority exists or is called for in Islamic scripture.

Alright, that makes more sense. So what can be done by Americans? Shouldn't we be setting an example?

Yes we should be setting the example. The example is to show them that just because you blow things up doesn't mean that you get what you want. Only good boys get an ice cream cone. But that is an example that only works with sensible people. Unfortunately, Islam has never had intentions of playing within the rules and never will. Their goal is to conquer the world and then subject everyone to sharia law and require them to worship Allah.

So I think what can be done by Americans is to remember it was peaceful neighborly Muslims that murdered thousands of Americans on 9/11.

Clearly it was NOT "peaceful, neighborly Muslims" who were responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Seems to me, we need to win people's hearts and minds, not force them to comply. And we can do that by showing them that getting along with people who are different from you can work, and has rewards.

New Topics

Forum List

Back