The Islam Thread

No, they banned me by IP and I'm too stupid to figure out how to get around it.

I'm a Sopranos fan, too. I've never watched Deadwood. I've seen a couple of episodes of Battlestar Galactica but I've never gotten into it so I never remember to watch it.

This is one of my favorite websites on the net:

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Matt/default.aspx

There are a lot of cool columns at TVGuide.com, but I like Matt Roush's column the best. He loves Deadwood and he is a huge Battlestar Galactica fan. If you're into TV his Ask Matt column and his Reviews and Dispatch columns are a fun read. Ask Matt is new every Monday and Friday. His other columns are now blogs, so he updates them whenever.

Its not that hard to get around. Im sure someone here can help you. I THINK if you open another ISP account, lets say earthlink, I think you can then set up your registration and account on that web site. The hardest part will to not get detected because of your particular methods of posting, phrases, pet words, etc.

You know, I don't really buy that. This is a predominantly conservative board. If you read from thread to thread, you will find one conservative poster after another agreeing with the others,.

You couldnt be more wrong. You can go to many threads, particularly the religion ones, and see conservatives go after each others throats.

posting when they can't give rep to each. other b/c they've given each other too much,
hahahhahah, HAAHAHHAHAH, and yet you just got blocked by the auto system for giving Dr Grump too much rep. HAHHAHAHHAHa

Yep, in a thread that is about abortion, I JUST called him on that exact issue, just before I came to this thread!

Libs/Dems defend Islam because Islam is basically, worldwide anyways, the enemy of Republicans. Dems will do anything to make Republicans look bad, including helping us to LOSE THE WAR IN IRAQ. Those who lie and speak ill of President Bush about the war are traitors and should be shot, just like General Washington had to do with some of his soldiers.

They both spread themselves through fascism. Sort of like the German-Italian Axis.

You know last night I saw this women on C-SPAN named Bridgette Gabriel and it was the first time I really listened to what a middle eastern person had to say about the world, religion, the jews and America. Finally an agenda and forth coming of the future if our country doesn't wake the F-up! I believed these very things for a long time but many of these middle eastern people hide behind things and try and really bend the wording and hover over how great being a muzzi is: Well if they stood up against the radicals and stated a clear agenda then I believe we'd all be willing to except the religion as a peaceful sect. And this wouldn't be in just the US but all the world. But with over 40 states in our country with some sort of Hamas post one has to wonder when will they turn on us?

www.americancongressfortruth.com

Beware, sisters:

Richard Kerbaj
October 26, 2006
THE nation's most senior Muslim cleric has blamed immodestly dressed women who don't wear Islamic headdress for being preyed on by men and likened them to abandoned "meat" that attracts voracious animals.
In a Ramadan sermon that has outraged Muslim women leaders, Sydney-based Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali also alluded to the infamous Sydney gang rapes, suggesting the attackers were not entirely to blame.

While not specifically referring to the rapes, brutal attacks on four women for which a group of young Lebanese men received long jail sentences, Sheik Hilali said there were women who "sway suggestively" and wore make-up and immodest dress ... "and then you get a judge without mercy (rahma) and gives you 65 years".

"But the problem, but the problem all began with who?" he asked.

The leader of the 2000 rapes in Sydney's southwest, Bilal Skaf, a Muslim, was initially sentenced to 55 years' jail, but later had the sentence reduced on appeal.

In the religious address on adultery to about 500 worshippers in Sydney last month, Sheik Hilali said: "If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats or the uncovered meat?

"The uncovered meat is the problem." ....

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20646437-601,00.html

You and I have a disagreement with regards to the interpretation of history.

The fact is that the wars collectively and popularly known as "The Crusades" the Muslims took over the middle east, including Jerusalem, then invaded parts of Europe. The purpose of this invasion is cited in the Koran; to summarize: ‘spread Islam throughout the world, and kill all those who resist’. The European Christians to fight back, driving the invaders south, on to Jerusalem and then east. Those are the facts, and they are undeniable.

My interpretation is that the Christians drove the Muslims as far back as they could, in order to protect Europe, as well as the Holy Land of Jerusalem. If the Muslims had stopped at Jerusalem, The Europeans may or may not have become involved. Did some individual soldiers, or even commanders, attempt forced conversions of Muslims to avoid killing them? Common sense alone tells me yes. Was this the reason the Europeans fought? History and common sense also tells me that it was not.

Your interpretation appears to be that the reason that the Europeans fought in “The Crusades” was to spread Christianity to Muslim lands; to summarize: ‘spread Christianity throughout the world, and kill all those who resist’. And this, historically as well as intuitively, is incorrect.

Now you ask me to "act like Ann Coulter" and accept your interpretation. I assure you, that both Ann and I would be happy to meet with you AND KICK YOUR ASS rather than change our opinions.:2guns:

I’m not even talking about the Crusades. I’m not talking about religious instruction. I’m talking about actions taken by individuals and groups. Wake up. I’m talking about the Salem Witch Trials and the Spanish Inquisition. In post number 97, you said that Christianity has never been spread by the sword. That statement is clearly false but you have not admitted it yet. :lame2:

I’m not even talking about the Crusades. I’m not talking about religious instruction. I’m talking about actions taken by individuals and groups. Wake up. I’m talking about the Salem Witch Trials and the Spanish Inquisition. In post number 97, you said that Christianity has never been spread by the sword. That statement is clearly false but you have not admitted it yet. :lame2:

Is there a full moon out tonight, or are you just having an exceedingly bad day, to resurrect this tired argument? Your straw man was addressed in posts 94 and 99, and put to bed in post 200.

Is there a full moon out tonight, or are you just having an exceedingly bad day, to resurrect this tired argument? Your straw man was addressed in posts 94 and 99, and put to bed in post 200.

Oh well. I’m just waiting for an admission of guilt – an mia culpa – for his posting a statement that was incorrect. He his simply not man enough to admit his technical error.
Again. He said that Christianity has never been spread by the sword. He did not say that the Bible does not instruct people to spread Christianity by the sword. He said that Christianity has never been spread by the sword. There is a difference. I’m just waiting for some comment such as: Okay. I was wrong, you nit-picky jerk. I guess that I’m just not going to get that satisfaction.

Oh well. I’m just waiting for an admission of guilt – an mia culpa – for his posting a statement that was incorrect. He his simply not man enough to admit his technical error.
Again. He said that Christianity has never been spread by the sword. He did not say that the Bible does not instruct people to spread Christianity by the sword. He said that Christianity has never been spread by the sword. There is a difference. I’m just waiting for some comment such as: Okay. I was wrong, you nit-picky jerk. I guess that I’m just not going to get that satisfaction.

Perhaps you could provide documentation where someone who did not believe in Jesus as the Christ, suddenly became a true believer because they were threatened with death unless they believed, by a Christian. Perhaps then “he” would retract “his” earlier statement.

And since "we" are now exercising an extremely high standard (nit-picky), the correct spelling is "meā culpā", and I patiently await yours. http://www.ask.com/reference/dictionary/ahdict/60612/mea+culpa

http://www.ask.com/reference/dictionary/ahdict/60612/mea+culpa

Perhaps you could provide documentation where someone who did not believe in Jesus as the Christ, suddenly became a true believer because they were threatened with death unless they believed, by a Christian. Perhaps then “he” would retract “his” earlier statement.

And since "we" are now exercising an extremely high standard (nit-picky), the correct spelling is "meā culpā", and I patiently await yours. http://www.ask.com/reference/dictionary/ahdict/60612/mea+culpa

http://www.ask.com/reference/dictionary/ahdict/60612/mea+culpa

Thanks for pointing out my error in spelling. I admit that I made an error in spelling.

I am not saying that people became “true believers” in Christianity if threatened with execution any more than I am saying that people became “true believers in Islam after being threatened. People lie to save their skin. I am saying that just as people were supposedly forced to “convert” to Islam, people were forced to “convert” to Christianity.

When these racial injustices were committed, large numbers of the Jewish populations were killed, driven into the countryside, or forced to convert to Christianity. The population, who converted them, as a mocking term of distaste, later referred to these forced converts as conversos. Although most of the conversions were forced, Christian canon law held that even forced conversion was biding, and the conversos, against their will or not, were now to be held fully accountable and privileged members of the Spanish Christian society in which they lived.

http://www.planetpapers.com/Assets/4392.php

The Inquisition, as an ecclesiastical tribunal, had jurisdiction only over baptized Christians. However, since religious freedom did not exist in Spain during a large part of its history, jurisdiction of the Inquisition extended in practice to all the royal subjects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition

If you really take the time to read about the Spanish Inquisition in Wikipedia you should see that at least a few people were basically forced to covert to Catholic Christianity or suffer and be killed.

[1] Thanks for pointing out my error in spelling. I admit that I made an error in spelling.

[2] I am not saying that people became “true believers” in Christianity if threatened with execution any more than I am saying that people became “true believers in Islam after being threatened. People lie to save their skin. I am saying that just as people were supposedly forced to “convert” to Islam, people were forced to “convert” to Christianity.

When these racial injustices were committed, large numbers of the Jewish populations were killed, driven into the countryside, or forced to convert to Christianity. The population, who converted them, as a mocking term of distaste, later referred to these forced converts as conversos. Although most of the conversions were forced, Christian canon law held that even forced conversion was biding, and the conversos, against their will or not, were now to be held fully accountable and privileged members of the Spanish Christian society in which they lived.

http://www.planetpapers.com/Assets/4392.php

The Inquisition, as an ecclesiastical tribunal, had jurisdiction only over baptized Christians. However, since religious freedom did not exist in Spain during a large part of its history, jurisdiction of the Inquisition extended in practice to all the royal subjects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition

If you really take the time to read about the Spanish Inquisition in Wikipedia you should see that at least a few people were basically forced to covert to Catholic Christianity or suffer and be killed.

1. You are welcome, you manly man, you!
2. Again going back to my original statement, way back in post 94: “Historically speaking, Islam has always been spread by the sword, since its beginning. And again, historically speaking, Christianity has never been spread by the sword.” You insist on a straw man argument of discreet examples of some forced conversions, which probably did not change the beliefs of the individuals involved, never mind having an historical impact on the spread of Christianity. Furthermore, you really should evaluate your sources before claiming these as sacrosanct:

Planet Papers makes available a free databse [sic] of student written example [sic] essays to help other students in writing their own essays and papers. These free essays should be used to find a different viewpoint on a particular topic, different interpretation of a piece of literature or simply to find some research material that is more accessible to students. [bold emphasis mine] http://www.planetpapers.com/

The content of Wikipedia is free, and is written collaboratively by people from all around the world. This website is a wiki, which means that anyone with access to an Internet-connected computer can edit, correct, or improve information throughout the encyclopedia, simply by clicking the edit this page link (with a few minor exceptions, such as protected articles and the main page). [italics emphasis theirs] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:About

Why not be even more manly and admit that I am correct, and that you are wrong to pursue this pointless discussion as far as you have?

Forum List

Back