The "IRS Scandal" Is More Right Wing Propaganda, Bush Shook Down Liberal Groups

images

Bush did it, well I guess this is the inevitable response. Even if it were proven, which it never was, that leftist groups were unfairly targeted, does that make what happened acceptable in your mind?

No, there were never any proof that the Bush administration illegally used the power of the IRS to harass and scrutinize their opponents. However, there is a preponderance of evidence, including an admission and apology, that the IRS under Obama-appointed leadership did specifically target and harass conservative, Jewish, pro-life, Catholic, and Tea Party organizations.

Now think real hard, concentrate, and think is there a difference?

Is the left predictable or what?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

So we were sold a bunch of lies when Obama said he would be DIFFERENT...yet here are his faithful followers, Booooosh

Last edited:
Will the right wing machine tell the truth? Of course not, they are too busy spreading their propaganda,..

When the IRS targeted liberals - Salon.com

This truly is the mentality of a child though. I can hear my mother's voice yelling at me in response to my insistence that my older brother flicked my ear before I slugged him in his shoulder "TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT".

I can imagine your frantic Google searches and reading every leftist blog post on the subject to give you peace of mind, that indeed this is Bush's fault.

This is sad, really. The dam is cracking...

Doesn't matter who does it. It's wrong. Brown_Noser needs to stfu. I love how liberals continue to justify their behavior off of the actions taken by the previous administration! "Bush did it, so therefore we can do it too!"

No. When anyone does it, it's wrong. Period.

What myself, and everyone else in sanity land are doing is laughing our asses off that those on the far right are politicizing and throwing a pissy fit, trying to throw mud in the faces of Obama and the democrats, when the R's did the exact same things X1000, and they remain completely silent,...

in black label's world, obama is innocent of anything, but bush is completely guilty

makes no sense how you can hold obama innocent, and bush guilty for doing what you claim is the same thing

Doesn't matter who does it. It's wrong. Brown_Noser needs to stfu. I love how liberals continue to justify their behavior off of the actions taken by the previous administration! "Bush did it, so therefore we can do it too!"

What myself, and everyone else in sanity land are doing is laughing our asses off that those on the far right are politicizing and throwing a pissy fit, trying to throw mud in the faces of Obama and the democrats, when the R's did the exact same things X1000, and they remain completely silent,...

Will you still be laughing November 5th 2014 when the GOP controls both houses of Congress and what Dems are left will vote with the majority to override any vetoes?

in black label's world, obama is innocent of anything, but bush is completely guilty

makes no sense how you can hold obama innocent, and bush guilty for doing what you claim is the same thing

I was shocked when another right wing goon in this thread said both were wrong. Will you be able to sack up and admit that, or is it A-OK that the right wing machine is spreading lies once again? :eusa_think:

Bush did it, well I guess this is the inevitable response. Even if it were proven, which it never was, that leftist groups were unfairly targeted, does that make what happened acceptable in your mind?

No, there were never any proof that the Bush administration illegally used the power of the IRS to harass and scrutinize their opponents. However, there is a preponderance of evidence, including an admission and apology, that the IRS under Obama-appointed leadership did specifically target and harass conservative, Jewish, pro-life, Catholic, and Tea Party organizations.

Now think real hard, concentrate, and think is there a difference?

Of course it's proven. And it sets a precedence.

One which you folks want stopped once you are out of power.

Actually..if you folks were so upset about this stuff..why weren't you complaining when it was ongoing during the Bush administration.

Eh?

:eusa_whistle:

It has become more clear from the Inspector General's findings that the IRS was not being ordered and was not encouraged by the White House to do what they did.

Abuses by the IRS have a long history in America. When the NAACP criticized President Bush a few years ago, they got unnecessarily harassed by the IRS as well. Same with that liberal church.

I think this happens because subordinates of either political stripe sometimes let power go to their heads, and they make foolish decisions because of it.

As for this being an Obama scandal, we just haven't gotten any actual proof that this had anything to do with the White House.

In Nixon's days and in a few administrations before his, the White House actually ordered the IRS to go after people, which is far worse than what we're seeing in this instance.

I believe this administration will fire the wrongdoers here and set the example that we would expect any administration to. It will never stop this President's haters from hating him and jumping to conclusions, but that's always the case with blindly partisan demagogues, no matter their party affiliation.

The problem with Republicans is that every little instance of wrongdoing is always CODE RED!! After awhile, you just have to learn to get the full picture and figure out what degree of attention the story really deserves, and this one is not as big a deal as they set it up to be earlier in the week.

Last edited:
It's funny how you folks are reacting to all of this.

I wonder just how conservative folks will react when a Democrat is appointed President by the Supreme court under similar circumstance to the 2000 election using the Gore v. Bush case as a precedent!

:lol:

ABC News is now far right?

Gov't Probe Obtains Wide Swath of AP Phone Records - ABC News

John Stewart is far right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuRTUdo5V84]Jon Stewart Destroys Obama Over IRS Scandal & Lack Of 'Managerial Competence' - YouTube[/ame]

When did Bush do something like this?

Sen. Carl Levin (D., Mich.) repeatedly pressed the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the tax-exempt status of specific conservative nonprofit organizations in letters to then-IRS commissioner Doug Shulman and director Lois Lerner in 2012.

Levin said he was concerned nonprofit organizations were abusing their tax-exempt status and engaging in partisan politics and requested information from the IRS on 12 organizations.

“Organizations are using Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(4) to gain tax exempt status while engaging in partisan political campaigns,” wrote Levin in one letter on July 27, 2012. “Making the problem worse is that the IRS knows there is a problem because of the public nature of the activity but has failed to address it.”

He asked whether the 12 organizations “applied for [tax-exempt status]; and if so … received the described exemption for political activity from the IRS.”

Levin’s list contained nine conservative groups, including Club for Growth, Americans for Tax Reform, and Americans for Prosperity. It also included two liberal groups and one centrist group.

Carl Levin pressured IRS to investigate nonprofits | Washington Free Beacon

Sen. Carl Levin (D., Mich.) repeatedly pressed the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the tax-exempt status of specific conservative nonprofit organizations in letters to then-IRS commissioner Doug Shulman and director Lois Lerner in 2012.

Levin said he was concerned nonprofit organizations were abusing their tax-exempt status and engaging in partisan politics and requested information from the IRS on 12 organizations.

“Organizations are using Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(4) to gain tax exempt status while engaging in partisan political campaigns,” wrote Levin in one letter on July 27, 2012. “Making the problem worse is that the IRS knows there is a problem because of the public nature of the activity but has failed to address it.”

He asked whether the 12 organizations “applied for [tax-exempt status]; and if so … received the described exemption for political activity from the IRS.”

Levin’s list contained nine conservative groups, including Club for Growth, Americans for Tax Reform, and Americans for Prosperity. It also included two liberal groups and one centrist group.

I see no problem with investigating currently operating non-profits that are engaging in political activity. The big deal here is the IRS picking favorites and preventing many conservative groups from getting started while rubber-stamping liberal groups in the same timeframe.

I was shocked when another right wing goon in this thread said both were wrong. Will you be able to sack up and admit that, or is it A-OK that the right wing machine is spreading lies once again? :eusa_think:

you gave a few examples and all examples appeared to be a valid use of the IRS review power. and really, a few examples compared to the hundreds done under obama's watch....please, your apologism is duly noted.

there is no such valid use here and in fact an apology has been issued. apples/oranges. but i'm not surprised you're claiming obama is innocent, why hypocritically proclaiming bush is guilty for allegedly doing the same thing.

when you claim obama is in the wrong, then you have a leg to stand on.

You actually read what you post?

Doug Shulman and Lois Lerner are Bush appointees.

New Topics

Forum List

Back