The irrefutable damage Right wing talk show hosts have done to the Republican Party.

Well, that's a fair question, and I can't guarantee that I can adequately answer it. So a few random thoughts:

There are two issues on which I am irreparably opposed to the Democrats: The various issues surrounding PC and Identity Politics, which I feel divide us further, lower standards & expectations for minorities (including my wonderfully mixed-race family) and stifle critical open conversation; and their shallow, almost simplistic view of business and business economics. So the further we go in those areas, the less thrilled I'm gonna be.

On a spectrum between where we are now and what is viewed as a true Euro-social democracy, I'd say I'm about in the middle. And I'm not a globalist, I don't think the world is anywhere near ready for that.

And, since we're in such a binary, all-or-nothing time in our politics, I'm very concerned that the Alt Right is opening the door, out of pure ineptitude, for a move further to the Left than I'd like.

That all might make zero sense. I can (try to) attempt that again.

So your "fear" is that we will become "too PC" if we go "too far left"? Being kind and courteous to people is a bridge too far?
I'm quite sure that what I actually said - "PC and Identity Politics, which I feel divide us further, lower standards & expectations for minorities (including my wonderfully mixed-race family) and stifle critical open conversation" - is significantly, clearly and obviously different from you pretend I said -- that's it's just about being "kind and courteous".

Never mind, I shouldn't have bothered.

Okay, fine it's being kind and courteous and identifying people the way they ask to be identified that is your greatest "fear" if we go "too far left" as a country. Yes, I can see where that might keep someone awake at night. :rolleyes:
Would you like to point out where I said it is "my greatest fear"?

You can't, of course. And, of course, you continue to dishonestly avoid the specific examples I provided.

Why are people so dishonest?

The thought processes of hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends continue to fascinate me. You create your own comfy little worlds with your imaginations. Make stuff up and attack it.

As we both know too well, ideologues don't have a truth filter. They do, however, require everyone else to have one.
Funny how that works, huh?

:rolleyes-41:

I watch three FOXNEWS shows per day, when possible. I listen to 2 rightwing talk radio shows per day when possible. I don't watch Rachel. Don't have to, we already agree. I need to stay abreast with what the far rightwing kooks are spewing.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
The three (3) FOXNEWS Radio shows I listen to are...
1. John Gibson
2. Tom Sullivan
3. Alan Colmes

The three (3) FOXNEWS network shows I watch daily (DVR) are...
1. Outnumbered
2. The Five
3. O'Reilly

Alan is a liberal, but he's a heavy phone caller show with about 75% rightwingers calling in.

I have a very good barometer of what the right is thinking on a day-to-day basis.

Not to mention that crap that the USMB rabid rightwingers spew.

The consensus is that you people are plumb nuts.

I watch three FOXNEWS shows per day, when possible. I listen to 2 rightwing talk radio shows per day when possible. I don't watch Rachel. Don't have to, we already agree. I need to stay abreast with what the far rightwing kooks are spewing.

1. John Gibson
2. Tom Sullivan
3. Alan Colmes

1. Outnumbered
2. The Five
3. O'Reilly

Alan is a liberal, but he's a heavy phone caller show with about 75% rightwingers calling in.

I have a very good barometer of what the right is thinking on a day-to-day basis.

Half of John Gibson's callers are black supremacists.

1. John Gibson
2. Tom Sullivan
3. Alan Colmes

1. Outnumbered
2. The Five
3. O'Reilly

LMBAO!!!

OK.

1. John Gibson
2. Tom Sullivan
3. Alan Colmes

1. Outnumbered
2. The Five
3. O'Reilly

LMBAO!!!

OK.
I listened to Gibson every day from November 2009 to mid-2010.

I know what I am talking about.

This is an interesting thread, how much damage has been done? Could the liberals expound on this topic.

What damage? It now controls the White House, Congress, and Supreme Court. Pretty good for a Party the Democrats consistently boasted was 'Dead.' Just not seeing the damage.

What damage? It now controls the White House, Congress, and Supreme Court. Pretty good for a Party the Democrats consistently boasted was 'Dead.' Just not seeing the damage.

You missed some.....the Presidency, the House, the Senate, soon the Supreme Court, and 33 state Governorships........out of 50...

That is the best position for a political party in a long time....with someone at the top who actually means to get things done....and the guys pushing for this since the 1980s.......Rush Limbaugh...and the guys who followed in his wake.......

Forum List

Back