The irony of the Muslim Brotherhood

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
(In the spirit of keeping the politics forum clean I will put this here.)

The irony of the Muslim Brotherhood is that the conservatives in this country rally against the Muslim Brotherhood is that in Egypt right now there is a split between the Muslim Brotherhood and the liberals. The Muslim Brotherhood is the more religious and mostly from rural areas while the liberals are less likely to use religion as a basis for government and mostly in the cities. Sound like any party we know? Doesn't look so good when some else does it, does it?

(In the spirit of keeping the politics forum clean I will put this here.)

The irony of the Muslim Brotherhood is that the conservatives in this country rally against the Muslim Brotherhood is that in Egypt right now there is a split between the Muslim Brotherhood and the liberals. The Muslim Brotherhood is the more religious and mostly from rural areas while the liberals are less likely to use religion as a basis for government and mostly in the cities. Sound like any party we know? Doesn't look so good when some else does it, does it?

So how do you explain that it is the liberals in the US who are always arguing in favor of islam? And American conservatives who want to keep the brakes on them?

I find it rather paradoxical that American liberals argue so fervently for islam when women even amongst even the so called 'moderate' muslims are nothing more than chattel. Of course, it makes me a bigot to point this out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back