The Iraqi people want us to LEAVE

How should it be answered? I mean really under your terms or conservative and what exactly is the conservative terms to the question? I answered it under my opinion from my experience.

praytell.. WHY would a globe full of nations that hate the US fall over themselves to offer condolences on 9/12/01? is this another "my country was founded by god" moment?

praytell.. WHY would a globe full of nations that hate the US fall over themselves to offer condolences on 9/12/01? is this another "my country was founded by god" moment?

9/12/01 isn't what I'm talking about and I never did mention it. You did so answer the question you posed

1999/2000 to present look at all those countries. Obviously you haven't traveled the world or you'd know that we are not well liked everywhere. You always have a few to do like us and those who don't, I didn't make anything up.

And the WTC did affect the world hence the World Trade Center.

9/12/01 isn't what I'm talking about and I never did mention it. You did so answer the question you posed
And the WTC did affect the world hence the World Trade Center.

you insist that the, fuckit let me just quote you:

"But don't forget the world hated us before Iraq,"

so, ill ask one more time. why would a world that hated us before the iraq war fall over themselves to offer condolences the day after 9/11?

just because the WTC effected the world? dude.. LAME.

so, ill ask one more time. why would a world that hated us before the iraq war fall over themselves to offer condolences the day after 9/11?

Have you ever traveled anywhere in the world? Have you? if you have you'll know right away some folks have always disliked us. And as lame as you say it is the WTC ran the worlds markets and after the fall of the WTC we had a huge upset in the markets. I mean it is lame but it did affect the jobs market in our country.

Have you ever traveled anywhere in the world? Have you? if you have you'll know right away some folks have always disliked us. And as lame as you say it is the WTC ran the worlds markets and after the fall of the WTC we had a huge upset in the markets. I mean it is lame but it did affect the jobs market in our country.

uh.. so your travelling resume somehow makes you more of an expert than the nations that offered condolences the day after 9/11?

is that how that works?

yes, some people have and will always dislike the US....

but pretending that the world hated us before the iraq war when such is obvious bullshit is quite a stretch.

for fucks sake dude...

Following the attacks of September 11, Gaddafi made one of the first, and firmest, denunciations of the Al-Qaeda bombers by any Muslim leader. Gaddafi also appeared on ABC for an open interview with George Stephanopoulos, a move that would have seemed unthinkable less than a decade earlier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muammar_al-Gaddafi

uh.. so your travelling resume somehow makes you more of an expert than the nations that offered condolences the day after 9/11?

is that how that works?

yes, some people have and will always dislike the US....

but pretending that the world hated us before the iraq war when such is obvious bullshit is quite a stretch.

for fucks sake dude...

Following the attacks of September 11, Gaddafi made one of the first, and firmest, denunciations of the Al-Qaeda bombers by any Muslim leader. Gaddafi also appeared on ABC for an open interview with George Stephanopoulos, a move that would have seemed unthinkable less than a decade earlier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muammar_al-Gaddafi

My point was my experience, I'm not an expert. You gather sites from the net to make your point and that is honorable but getting outside the box is also a good thing. 9/11 was a point in history and Gaddafi has since changed his ways openly about being a terror supporter and good for him. See with france and germany and russia holding shares in iraq it was clear why they weren't to open to a invasion like in DS one. But those countries haven't liked us very much anyways. That is all I was saying, I guess if you feel that twisting words make you a better debater on all subjects you win. I used my experience for my points, you haven't yet.

My point was my experience, I'm not an expert. You gather sites from the net to make your point and that is honorable but getting outside the box is also a good thing. 9/11 was a point in history and Gaddafi has since changed his ways openly about being a terror supporter and good for him. See with france and germany and russia holding shares in iraq it was clear why they weren't to open to a invasion like in DS one. But those countries haven't liked us very much anyways. That is all I was saying, I guess if you feel that twisting words make you a better debater on all subjects you win. I used my experience for my points, you haven't yet.

your experience is a direct product of your own opinion. in other words, if you want to hear satan talking to you from a back-tracked eagles song...

were france, germanyand russia trying to put a foot in our asses before 9/11? no. Are we chewing sour grapes because they didnt hop on some lame assed woalition of the willing like a monkey told to hop? i think so..

does this make those nations hostile to the US just because they didnt see the issue in the same light at the time? I would say no.

listen, i just took exception to you specifically suggesting that the world hated the US before the iraq war. Ive provided evidence to support why I threw out a yellow card. I disagree that your observations reflect the actual relations at the time but I do not dispute YOUR PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS.

now, would you be a peach and tell RSR to adjust his standard thread input to include as much clarification?

Horsecrap. Condolences were offered because it was the politically correct thing to do. No other reason. That anything Bush has done has caused "the world to hate us more" is just left wing spin.

The world FEARS us more whenever we have a President that will act and not try his damnedest to look the other way. The envy and hate emerged teh second the Cold War ended and "the world" figured it didn't need us anymore.

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K
Horsecrap. Condolences were offered because it was the politically correct thing to do. No other reason. That anything Bush has done has caused "the world to hate us more" is just left wing spin.

The world FEARS us more whenever we have a President that will act and not try his damnedest to look the other way. The envy and hate emerged teh second the Cold War ended and "the world" figured it didn't need us anymore.

do you have anything to support that idea or is this where it becomes convenient to be a mod?

your experience is a direct product of your own opinion. in other words, if you want to hear satan talking to you from a back-tracked eagles song...

were france, germanyand russia trying to put a foot in our asses before 9/11? no. Are we chewing sour grapes because they didnt hop on some lame assed woalition of the willing like a monkey told to hop? i think so..

does this make those nations hostile to the US just because they didnt see the issue in the same light at the time? I would say no.

listen, i just took exception to you specifically suggesting that the world hated the US before the iraq war. Ive provided evidence to support why I threw out a yellow card. I disagree that your observations reflect the actual relations at the time but I do not dispute YOUR PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS.

now, would you be a peach and tell RSR to adjust his standard thread input to include as much clarification?

I guess I'm supposed to get pissed at you and start name calling right? I won't I've been polite and I've answered the questions as I feel they should be answered. So if you don't agree it is not my problem. But if you'd traveled the world and had someting to really offer on the discussion I'm all ears, but to belittle every poster because we don't agree with your ways or answers is just plain shallow.

I guess I'm supposed to get pissed at you and start name calling right? I won't I've been polite and I've answered the questions as I feel they should be answered. So if you don't agree it is not my problem. But if you'd traveled the world and had someting to really offer on the discussion I'm all ears, but to belittle every poster because we don't agree with your ways or answers is just plain shallow.

oh.. you mean "something to offer the thread" like Ghadafi's post-9/11 input and condolences to the US? ....or are you looking to validate for my personal observations?

did you have anything you wanted to add to support the idea beyond your personal observation? just curious.... The sherrif is in town and Id hate to be accused of RSR'ing up the thread...

The man was right it was the right thing to do in the situation.
And if you aren't doing anything to provoke people why do you care if he is a mod?

just making personal observations about the selectivness at play...

for real.. would you like to post anything that suggests that the world hated the US before the iraq war? im curious to see what you can post.

oh.. you mean "something to offer the thread" like Ghadafi's post-9/11 input and condolences to the US? ....or are you looking to validate for my personal observations?

did you have anything you wanted to add to support the idea beyond your personal observation? just curious.... The sherrif is in town and Id hate to be accused of RSR'ing up the thread...

I said what I needed to say, I have my opinions and it doesn't jive with you, and you look for any opportunity to jump on anyone who doesn't hold your high values. I served 13 years in the Military for that very freedom you take for granted. It is a right but I earned it and I can say and do whatever I like. Again I haven't been disrespectful to you and through all the bullshit I replyed as such and that is more than fair on any level.

do you have anything to support that idea or is this where it becomes convenient to be a mod?

If you have some issue to discuss concerning my being a member of the board staff, feel free to follow the rules and PM. It is NOT a subject for discussion on the public board.

My statement is an opinion, not an "idea." My opinion is based on 47+ years of observation. Factual events support my statement. Nothing but pure partisan hackery supports yours.

just making personal observations about the selectivness at play...

for real.. would you like to post anything that suggests that the world hated the US before the iraq war? im curious to see what you can post.

First, you would have to define "the world." Who exactly is that? Half the world was behind the Iron Curtain prior to the end of the Cold War and the Iron Curtain nations hated the US collectively.

How about Iran, 1979? How about the WTC bombing during Clinton's watch? How about Kaddafi?

Communist China?

I'm afraid YOU are the one who needs to provide some proof. I've got plenty. That mentioned above is just the tip of the iceberg. You on the other hand, have provided NO evidence to support your claim.

If you have some issue to discuss concerning my being a member of the board staff, feel free to follow the rules and PM. It is NOT a subject for discussion on the public board.

My statement is an opinion, not an "idea." My opinion is based on 47+ years of observation. Factual events support my statement. Nothing but pure partisan hackery supports yours.

I guess this is where id better fall in line and say yessir or feelthe wrath of a ban, eh?
HE HAS SPOKEN.

last I heard your OPINION doesnt supercede the political reality of US foreign relations pre war.... but, Wyat Earp hath spoken...

ignore the evidence posted and just RSR yourself a "liberals suck" reply... it's cool.. I didnt really expect anything different.

I said what I needed to say, I have my opinions and it doesn't jive with you, and you look for any opportunity to jump on anyone who doesn't hold your high values. I served 13 years in the Military for that very freedom you take for granted. It is a right but I earned it and I can say and do whatever I like. Again I haven't been disrespectful to you and through all the bullshit I replyed as such and that is more than fair on any level.

...and im glad you served and thanks for that..

however, would you give my PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS about the 2000 election any weight when discussing the FACTS of the results?

similarly, I am asking for evidnce beyond what essentially amounts to your opinions.

is that so much to ask for?

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K

Forum List

Back