The IQ Factor

Are you sure about that? Could you explain how you came to that conclusion?
It's what I was taught in college, studying to be a teacher. Of course, they never breathed a word about blacks having lower IQ scores either, and when someone here first said it, I thought he was lying. Then I googled it and found it that it was indeed a fact. There was also a lot of information on why that might be, including some of the stuff I mentioned above.

The brain is highly plastic but like any other organ it is affected by environmental factors from conception forward. After birth, those little neurons blossom with certain parenting techniques that some cultures don't use. And genetics seem to play a factor, but it isn't all inclusive.

IT is a Founding Principle of this nation that all Men are Created Equal.

Scientific evidence that that is NOT true, is of course, very difficult for US to face.

As such we try hard to explain it away.

That is the opposite of science.

Thus, whatever the consensus is on what percentage role genetics seem to play, is, I'm sure the truth is a lot higher.

Good job completely misunderstanding what that founding principle really means.

Good job of attacking what I say, without offering anything other than disagreement.

You didn't really think it means everyone can bench the same weight, run a mile in the same time, or have the same SAT score, did you? Nobody can be that stupid.

The other thing to keep in mind is that IQ is only predictive of how well an individual will do academically, in school. It is not predictive of success in life.
It's what I was taught in college, studying to be a teacher. Of course, they never breathed a word about blacks having lower IQ scores either, and when someone here first said it, I thought he was lying. Then I googled it and found it that it was indeed a fact. There was also a lot of information on why that might be, including some of the stuff I mentioned above.

The brain is highly plastic but like any other organ it is affected by environmental factors from conception forward. After birth, those little neurons blossom with certain parenting techniques that some cultures don't use. And genetics seem to play a factor, but it isn't all inclusive.

Then why do blacks lag in income, graduation rates, SAT scores, GRE scores, and pretty anything else that measures success empirically?

The other thing to keep in mind is that IQ is only predictive of how well an individual will do academically, in school. It is not predictive of success in life.

Then why do blacks lag in income, graduation rates, SAT scores, GRE scores, and pretty anything else that measures success empirically?
Because failed behaviors naturally lead to failure. They put themselves in the hole when they allowed welfare to destroy their nuclear family.

Forum List

Back