The IPCC: Bogus data on "Climate Sensitivity"!!!

SSDD -

An error cascade can only occur if one error is picked up and used as the basis for further or different studies. It can not magically transfer by telekinesis from one scientist to another. Finland conducts its own research, compiled acording to its own requirements. The data is for largely Finnish use. Hence, there is no error cascade here.

Of course error cascades can occur within an international field of study, but only really when data is being passed from one research unit to another. Climatology is not like medicine at all in that regard, becase medicine is global, whereas climate analysis so often begins with local weather patterns. How could an error cascade occur when measuring precipitation?

It's one hell of a reach!

This entire global conspiracy theory is based on massive assumptions, political bias, and as in this case, theories that simply make no logical sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
SSDD -

An error cascade can only occur if one error is picked up and used as the basis for further or different studies. It can not magically transfer by telekinesis from one scientist to another. Finland conducts its own research, compiled acording to its own requirements. The data is for largely Finnish use. Hence, there is no error cascade here.

I don't beleive that you are really this stupid..but maybe I am wrong. Trenberth's energy budget is the basis for atmospheric physics for all of climate science and there is where the error began. It is so terribly flawed that it is amazing that anyone...and I mean anyone passed it in the peer review process.

Finland has not concocted its own unique set of atmospheric physics...its own unique energy budget...or its own unique set of parameters for modelling...those are universal through climate science and they are flawed.

Clamp your hands over your ears and scream LA LA LA at the top of your lungs...it won't change the fact and whether you can see it or not, that fact is coming towards you at 100 miles per hour. The time of AGW hysteria is coming to a close and climate science has a lot of explaining to do.

Trenberth's energy budget is the basis for atmospheric physics for all of climate science and there is where the error began

And, of course, it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Finnish temperature records.

Obviously.

The Finnish reports make no comment about global temperatures, energy budgets Trenberth's ideas or methodologies. You know this perfectly well, I'm sure, it's just any reason at all to avoid the data, isn't it?

Last edited:
Native speakers can translate in an hour or so.

Can they really? So it wouldn't depend how long the text was, or how technical the vocab was?

Technical matters not a bit. Length would certainly be a consideration but as the material should mainly be graphs the length won't be a problem. Of course if you're trying to BS your way through (and color me unsurprised) then you've got a problem. Don'tcha!

SSDD -

This thread has proven that there is no global conspiracy. This thread proves that there are countries like Norway conducting independent research and reaching independent conclusions.

The Finnish temperature data is available, but I can't find it in English.

You keep throwing up that conspiracy strawman...when no one is claiming conspiracy...error cascade...say it a few times...take a minute or two to learn what it means and try to actually form a coherent response based on what is being said to you rather than on your strawman.

The Finnish temperature data is available, but I can't find it in English.

Finns don't use numbers? They spell out temperature measurements?

Dear SSDD - how can there be an error cascade when Finland conducts its own observations and compiles its own data?

I am most interested to understand how this works!

Weirdly enough, most charts have a headline and brief explanation. These need to be transated. Otherwise I could post charts of toilet roll consumption and you wouldn't know the different.

And those take seconds.

Trenberth's energy budget is the basis for atmospheric physics for all of climate science and there is where the error began

And, of course, it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Finnish temperature records.

Obviously.

The Finnish reports make no comment about global temperatures, energy budgets Trenberth's ideas or methodologies. You know this perfectly well, I'm sure, it's just any reason at all to avoid the data, isn't it?

So post them allready. IN FINNISH!

Westwall -

Not only have they already been posted, we've already seen Oddball & SSDD refuse to comment on the science!!

By my count SSDD has refused to even discuss science on a half dozen threads in the past fortnight - its impressive stuff!

Lets face it.......climate science should be called The Science of Convenience!!! They pick the data that embraces the established narrative only, conveniently ignoring everything else. Its fascinating actually.......wouldnt it be great if all life could be like that. Pick what suits you!!!:coffee:

SSDD -

Of course error cascades can occur within an international field of study, but only really when data is being passed from one research unit to another. Climatology is not like medicine at all in that regard, becase medicine is global, whereas climate analysis so often begins with local weather patterns. How could an error cascade occur when measuring precipitation?

It's one hell of a reach!

This entire global conspiracy theory is based on massive assumptions, political bias, and as in this case, theories that simply make no logical sense whatsoever.

you cannot find the figures for Finland, or the methodologies. why are you sure that their methods are not adopted from larger organizations? you are just accepting proclamations from authority with little actual information to back it up. I can understand why you are happy to believe it. can you understand why I am unhappy and complain because I have investigated the discrepancies and have come to the conclusion that many of the graphs, etc that are released to the public as fact have inherent assumptions, biases and uncertainties that are undisclosed. the conclusions drawn from these published data are even more contaminated by preconceived assumptions.

Forum List

Back