The Internet, Stand It Like A Man

JW Frogen

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
Just before I got a temp ban by a slobbering half wit named “Captain Courtesy” for “insubordination” (I mean really now, "insubordination", this weebalo loves playing with his badges) on another forum (Jesus some forum mods are precious it makes one wonder how they get through real life, how they endure their internal terror without being forever damaged by the slings and arrows of human interaction) I was about to respond to a thread where the poster called for suing people who offend or defame you even anonymously on the Internet. I think the person I was responding to posts here too so let me state I stand firmly against the idea.

I have had people threaten to kill me, accuse me of fake and vile things (I always admit my real vile things) and generally defame me on many forums.

Newsflash, it is the Internet, I really do not know them and they really do not know me and unless you have an ego like an eggshell you should just ignore it, or better yet give them an Internet bitch slap.

As the great Al Swearagen once said “Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back”.

Last edited:
I think I'm probably not going to shock anybody when I submit that much of what the internet's tough guys say online, they'd never have the balls to say to most people in the real world, right?

There's a lot of Walter Mitty types haunting these places.

Indeed, that is the entire point, if you are taking the posts of anonymous others so seriously you are willing to sue over it, or ban it because you are too weak to scroll over it, you have an problem that is emotional and internal, one no amount of banning or lawsuits can ever fix.

And I will kill every last person who disagrees with me!

I WILL KILL YOU ALL!

See, I think I should have got a temp ban for insurrection. That I could wear.

Indeed, that is the entire point, if you are taking the posts of anonymous others so seriously you are willing to sue over it, or ban it because you are too weak to scroll over it, you have an problem that is emotional and internal, one no amount of banning or lawsuits can ever fix.

And I will kill every last person who disagrees with me!

I WILL KILL YOU ALL!

Please don't kill me for disagreeing. I don't think people should be sued, but I do believe they should be banned. I too have been threatened on another message board and it caused me a lot of turmoil. I didn't want money; I just wanted it to stop. It is estimated that 3% of the public is sociopathic. You can't be too careful these days.

The stalker types who take it too far should definately be banned.

What is taking it too far? Tracking down someone by their IP address, continually threatening and harrassing someone in PM's or even in the public board after you have been asked to stop (stalkers). Stuff like that

Oh and Article :rofl: CLASSIC :lol:

Please don't kill me for disagreeing. I don't think people should be sued, but I do believe they should be banned. I too have been threatened on another message board and it caused me a lot of turmoil. .

Since you asked nicely. *Puts frozen broccoli back into the freezer where your head would have went.*

Like you, I have been on a lot of boards and the problem is there is a weak percentage of the populace (I think they are a majority of the public, though not this board) who think persistent and tough challange to their posts, or making fun of them is stalking.

I have been to board after board where the cream puffs get people banned because they are too weak or too stupid just to scroll over a poster they do not like. Personally, I think this type gets off on being a victim and getting people banned, it is probably the only power they have ever felt in their life.

My view is only a real and credible threat (the person found out your real name or address) should be cause for a banning.

On boards where I get serious about politics I get death threats all the time, usually from the adherents of the "religion of peace".

The problem with banning speech is the concept of what is acceptable speech and what is not is too subjective for fair or reasonable standard.

Once saying there was no God was considered flaming and could get you flamed.

Literally.

I am sure the BBQ religious brigade really thought they had a just case at the time.

Last edited:
aren't you glad our admin and mods don't seem to go on power trips?
well maybe echo, she is very power hungry! ;)

So far this seems like the Wild West.

Who is echo?

Who is echo?

Echo?

somewhat! I think Gunny lets us have freedom and we respect that so most stay in line. That might also because they are afaired he will open a can of whoop ass on them. :lol:

:lol: yeah EZ is a meanie :lol: j/k

I think the only person of power who ever yelled at me did so in a funny way. I think the threat was to change my name to clueless for being clueless in a thread, Mr Funny Gunny :):lol:

I have recieved one infraction while being here and it was for calling someone a cracker. :lol:

somewhat! I think Gunny lets us have freedom and we respect that so most stay in line. That might also because they are afaired he will open a can of whoop ass on them. :lol:

The line is always subjective, hence the First Amendment.

Whoop ass is better served defending it than restricting it.

Or in "I am the angry Principal and you have been a very naughty cheerleader" sex.

Forum List

Back