The internet is a weird, scary place

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I've been frequenting the Angry Naked Pat message board (the site "Superbowl is Gay" Andy got his start at) since it started about three years ago, and as a result everyone on there (there's only about 20 or 30 regulars) got to know each other pretty good. Or so we thought...

There were three guys who were there pretty much from the beginning: JasonGlover, LadiesLoveCoolJames, and Huberskank. Jason was a generally normal older guy (late 30's), James was a black guy who loved hip hop and served in Desert Storm, and Huber was a screenwriter who was dying of cancer.

About a month and a half ago, it was discovered that these were all the same people. It was a really bizzare moment, after a while, you think you know people pretty good through these boards. Added to the dementia, when you go back throughout the old boards over the years, there are many instances where two or more of these people would hold long conversations, in essence, this guy was talking to himself. Creepy. It was also later found that LLCoolJames had an online diary that he wrote in every day for TWO YEARS. The whole thing is probably funny to an outsider, but it's sort of disturbing to think that I would chat pretty much every day with someone this messed up in the head. I hope I don't find out that the message board is all in a serial killer's head.:p

Then, just today, another one of the regulars on the board proudly announced that he was becoming a transsexual.:eek:

I'm starting to really worry about the ANP board.

Forum List

Back