The Intent of the Federal Reserve

I know it is "not all about Bush" but a LOT of it is. If it wasn't why is he cramming this bailout down our throats in such a hurry? It doesn't make you say ..... "hmmmmmmm, wtf!!!" .... even just a tad?

politics out of monetary policy

Last edited:
I know it is "not all about Bush" but a LOT of it is. If it wasn't why is he cramming this bailout down our throats in such a hurry? It doesn't make you say ..... "hmmmmmmm, wtf!!!" .... even just a tad?

typical of you to only hear one person out of hundreds maybe thousands of people trying to cram this debt down our throats.

Not just me Duck. There are millions that are thinking the same way as I am. We are all in this together, and all that all of us can, do is hope that when they make the descision tomorrow, is it the right one!

The real shit will hit the fan tomorrow, or whenever the descision is made. This is my opinion only.

Not just me Duck. There are millions that are thinking the same way as I am. We are all in this together, and all that all of us can, do is hope that when they make the descision tomorrow, is it the right one!

The real shit will hit the fan tomorrow, or whenever the descision is made. This is my opinion only.

WRONG-----We are NOT all in this together if all you can do is make trite partisan jokes about Bush. I realize it's cool and fun and everything but partisanship will do exactly the opposite of bringing people together on this one.Go ahead, be part of the problem.

Duck! Bush is not all of the problem. Clinton started a lot of it. It is obvious you are one of those tree's that has no bend. You have the right to your opinion ... just as I have the same.

If you remember back to when I first came to USMB ... I was "un-decided".... remember? Since that time I have become one that thinks it is "time for change" ... and just holding my breathe that Obama is the one that can do it. I have lost all faith in Bush and McCain. I have no other choice! A vote for an "Independent" is like flushing a vote down the toilet. ------> IMO <------

Here are a couple of things that has been brewing for years!!!! - from the Clinton administration.

Encouraging Investment in Underserved Communities with the New Markets Initiative. President Clinton's New Markets Initiative is helping to bring economic development and renewal to communities that have not benefited from the soaring economy by prompting approximately $15 billion in new investment in urban and rural areas. In the FY00 budget, President Clinton won $20 million in funding for America's Private Investment Companies, and $16.5 million in funding for the New Markets Venture Capitol Program -- two key elements of the New Markets Initiative. The President's FY 2001 budget provides tax credits and loans guarantee incentives to stimulate $22 billion in new investment in urban and rural areas.

Expanding Access to Capital with Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI). Proposed and signed into law by the President in 1994, the CDFI Fund, through grants, loans and equity investments, is helping to create a network of community development financial institutions in distressed areas across the United States. In FY 1999, funding was increased 19 percent to $95 million from $80 million. President Clinton successfully worked to maintain that investment in FY 2000. In FY 2001, the President is proposing $125 million.

Homeownership Is Up. There are more than seven million new homeowners since the President took office. African American homeownership has increased 20 percent, with nearly one million new African American homeowners since the first quarter of 1994.

Clinton did do some good stuff ... but he also fucked up a lot too!

Clinton-Gore Accomplishments: Working on Behalf of African Americans

Duck! Bush is not all of the problem. Clinton started a lot of it. It is obvious you are one of those tree's that has no bend. You have the right to your opinion ... just as I have the same.

If you remember back to when I first came to USMB ... I was "un-decided".... remember? Since that time I have become one that thinks it is "time for change" ... and just holding my breathe that Obama is the one that can do it. I have lost all faith in Bush and McCain. I have no other choice! A vote for an "Independent" is like flushing a vote down the toilet. ------> IMO <------

Here are a couple of things that has been brewing for years!!!! - from the Clinton administration.

Clinton did do some good stuff ... but he also fucked up a lot too!

Clinton-Gore Accomplishments: Working on Behalf of African Americans

Who gives a shit which party did what ? Take a giant step back and tell me you don't see us getting screwed by politicians from both sides of the aisle. Make your funny Bush jokes if it will ease your pain any but if you want to help, quit riding either one of these crazy animals like they were glued to your ass.

I think it is partisan. It may not have started out that way, but Bush and the Republicans have made it into a huge partisan issue. The entire thing is beginning to look like a bad Shakespearean ploy.

One week there is no crisis, the economy is fundamentally sound.
The following week we are in dire danger of an economic meltdown.
The fed proposes a plan that does nothing but give away $700 billion dollars in taxpayer money.
Bush jumps up and down with glee.
Congress gets fractious.
Bush goes on television and tells the entire world we are in danger of an economic meltdown.
McCain gets out of bed and rushes to the White House and proposes a plan that cuts taxes for corporations.

IMO, the entire thing is a set up.

Look...we need SOMETHING like a Federal reserve, folks.

What we do NOT need, is one that is run badly and solely for the benefit of bankers and wall street.

And that is how the FEDERAL RESERVE has been run for the las century.

Why?

Because it is a creature OF privately owned banks, that's why.

We cannot go back to a gold and silver standard, folks.

But we CAN create a national bank which is run for the benefit of the NATION and not JUST the absolute top tier of our society.

The problem isn't government its BAD government, folks.

The problem isn't CAPITALISM, it's FAKE capitalism, folks.

Abnd that's what we've had for the last CENTURY.

A FAKE GOVERNMENT running a FAKE game of capitalism.

America is not two teams, one filled with commies and the other NAZIs.

But as long as we THINK that is true, guess what?

The masters play us off each other while THEY end up owning EVERYTHING.

WAKE UP!

Look...we need SOMETHING like a Federal reserve, folks.

What we do NOT need, is one that is run badly and solely for the benefit of bankers and wall street.

And that is how the FEDERAL RESERVE has been run for the las century.

Why?

Because it is a creature OF privately owned banks, that's why.

We cannot go back to a gold and silver standard, folks.

But we CAN create a national bank which is run for the benefit of the NATION and not JUST the absolute top tier of our society.

The problem isn't government its BAD government, folks.

The problem isn't CAPITALISM, it's FAKE capitalism, folks.

Abnd that's what we've had for the last CENTURY.

A FAKE GOVERNMENT running a FAKE game of capitalism.

America is not two teams, one filled with commies and the other NAZIs.

But as long as we THINK that is true, guess what?

The masters play us off each other while THEY end up owning EVERYTHING.

WAKE UP!

You keep saying we can't go back to a gold standard.

Tell us why.

Tell us why our money can't be sound.

I just found this while surfing---maybe I should have put it in the humor section ?

FRB: FAQs: Federal Reserve System

The GOP have put politics into everything. NASA, the Military, Pages, Pentagon, Secretaries, Attorney Generals. GOP operatives for the past 7 years didn't hire anyone for any position in Washington unless they were Republican. Scary.

But now at least you see who the GOP serve. They serve the wealthy, and that's who owns the Federal Reserve. They have been pretty balsy looting the treasury all these years. But then again, where is the public outrage? So why not rape us if we won't even scream?

Forum List

Back