The intelligence–religiosity nexus: A representative study of white adolescent Americ

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Helmuth Nyborg
aUniversity of Aarhus, Denmark (1968–2007)

Received 25 March 2008;
revised 7 August 2008;
accepted 11 August 2008.
Available online 16 September 2008.

Abstract

The present study examined whether IQ relates systematically to denomination and income within the framework of the g nexus, using representative data from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth (NLSY97). Atheists score 1.95 IQ points higher than Agnostics, 3.82 points higher than Liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than Dogmatic persuasions. Denominations differ significantly in IQ and income. Religiosity declines between ages 12 to 17. It is suggested that IQ makes an individual likely to gravitate toward a denomination and level of achievement that best fit his or hers particular level of cognitive complexity. Ontogenetically speaking this means that contemporary denominations are rank ordered by largely hereditary variations in brain efficiency (i.e. IQ). In terms of evolution, modern Atheists are reacting rationally to cognitive and emotional challenges, whereas Liberals and, in particular Dogmatics, still rely on ancient, pre-rational, supernatural and wishful thinking.
ScienceDirect - Intelligence : The intelligence–religiosity nexus: A representative study of white adolescent Americans

• Banned
IQbyreligion.jpg

Interesting.

I had no idea that there were so many people whose religion was TOTAL.

I worship Shredded Wheat, myself.

Oh, and by the way? the Mini-Wheatists are heretics.

• Banned
So, RGS, I see that you have no refuting evidence. Your pathetic little neg rep only serves to demonstrate that not only are you completely lacking in intellectual capacity, but you yourself never did 'grow up'.

How's this for 'growing up': if you think any of my assertions are fallacious, refute them. If you don't like the threads I start, don't read them. If you don't like reading what I have to say, don't read my posts. Don't sit there whining like a little bitch about anything you don't like and then tell someone else to 'grow up'. It's fucking pathetic. Grow a pair, take a bunch of your little happy pills and go somewhere else, or simply stfu- or just kill your damned self and get it over with.

At a certain point one moves from atheist to 'bright' or 'who cares' which may be the same thing.
Hindu ? Buddhist? where do they fall.

The Brights' Net - Home Page

One criticism I have of this is so what? The differences are slight and they prove what exactly and they help how?

Forum List

Back