The Intellectual Professor in Chief.

But you bozos will spin it and make up yet again more stupid arguments to say how these aren't accomplishment, like the good trolls/morons you are

Obama's accomplishments ( again, you may not like what he did, doesn't mean he has "done nothing"

1. Mended diplomatic relationships with many of the countries Bush pissed off. Displayed a respect for other countries and their cultures, and is willing to hear other countries out.

Proof this was needed and did anything for us please. I said concrete accomplishments.

2. Passed the stimulus package, in which the results are yet to be seen, since the economy doesn't magically recover overnight

Proof it WILL work. He said unemployment will not go above 8%. SO that was a failure. He ORIGINALLY said it will create (not save) 2 million jobs in 2009. That failed

3. Stepped up efforts in Afghanistan, which had gotten out of control
That was at the insistance of his field general...but I will let you have that one

4. Brought the healthcare debate to the forefront of political issues. May not have gotten anyting passed yet, but at least many people are talking about it, maybe a compromise is on the horizen.
So did Hillary in 1994...not a concrete accomplishment

5. named Sotomayor to the SCOTUS
Naming a SCOTUS is a responsibility...not an accomplishment

6. Won the nobel peace prize
Not an accomplishment as a President for the people. But a great personal accomplishment

Please list his accomplishments...not what they have you believing he has done with no prooof....just words.

:lol: just like I said, more idiocy. Those are accomplishments, no proof required if htey are good, since for many of them, only time will tell. Just because YOU think they are no good, doesn't mean that they are not.

And its an accomplishment getting your first nominee through the blocking congress, if you knew anything about politics you would know that

Listen Doc...calm down. Stop declaring voictory as the win or loss is for both of us.

The point I am trying to make is that this administration is spending a heck of a lot of money to "accomplish" things based strictly on speculation...and in an effort to get MORE popular approval, they have you convinced that his previous actions have accompolished things when in fact they are still speculation.

I am not spinning anything....I was against his "spending" as I did not believe it will help....and you can not deny one thing for sure...they clkaim it has helped but they have yet to be able to prove it.

And now they want another stimulus.

This is not partisan talk, We, the people, want those that are falling for the rhetoric to stop falling for the rhetoric and start looking for true accomplishments....

Would you invest in a company that you already invested in and ssaw no returnds for a year...bnut that company promised returns to come soon and that is why you should invest more money?

That is the same thing my frend.

President School(s)
George Washington The College of William and Mary (surveyor's certificate)

Hey Soggy!! Take a peek!!

He has an outstanding academic background. So does the professor in Massachusettes.

So did the former CEO of Lehman.

What has he done in his past that shows he can reisde over a large group of people?

WHere are examples of smart decision with long term positive consequences?

I mean....what the hell made him so "perfect" for the job as President?

As I see it....a slogan......probably conjured up b y an ad agency.

He has the only requirement a presidential candidate needs...... The people believed. Just as with the other 43. At a particular moment in time, the people made the decision that he should be POTUS. No you can deceive yourself and think that some sort of experience is necessary; but if by some miracle Palin were to run and win; you'd be making the opposite argument.

Every political community includes some members who insist that their side has all the answers and that their adversaries are idiots. But American liberals, to a degree far surpassing conservatives, appear committed to the proposition that their views are correct, self-evident, and based on fact and reason, while conservative positions are not just wrong but illegitimate, ideological and unworthy of serious consideration. Indeed, all the appeals to bipartisanship notwithstanding, President Obama and other leading liberal voices have joined in a chorus of intellectual condescension.

This condescension is part of a liberal tradition that for generations has impoverished American debates over the economy, society and the functions of government -- and threatens to do so again today, when dialogue would be more valuable than ever.
Gerard Alexander: Why are liberals so condescending? - washingtonpost.com

Great editorial if you want to read the whole thing.

I see both sides as being condescending at times (me included). They are condenscending to each other in different ways. Liberals are condescending in the way humans get with other humans after explaining something a thousand times and the other person still doesn't get it.

Conservatives are condescending in they KNOW they are right, even when they are wrong and they chastise others for not KNOWING that the Conservatives were right.
I believe you have that backwards. I have been coming to and participating in forum debates on politics for over ten years. I have yet to see any real originality in replies from most liberals, even after their points have been proven wrong. I am guilty of condescending towards liberals because I'm tired of debunking the same old talking points, year after year. And the real problem with this stems from the fact that people who claim they have just entered into these debates are using the exact same phrases as liberals were making 10 years ago. They like to call people stupid, but they themselves cannot even be bothered to think about the issue and come up with their own beliefs. It is a form of plagiarism that no one seems to want to confront.

Liberals just say they are right, post a few charts from someone else who has actually done the research and then spend the rest of their time in childish name calling as a means of bolstering their own ego.

Both sides are guilty of condescension, to be sure. However, I see the problem in issue debate to be one associated with the left.

Thanks for proving the point Dr. Gregg.

Obama offered a similar (and infamous) analysis when he suggested that residents of Rust Belt towns "cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations" about job losses. When his comments became public, Obama backed away from their tenor but insisted that "I said something that everybody knows is true."

I'm proud to be condescending towards uninformed, dishonest, or down right moronic people that think they speak "fact" all while being unable to form a coherent, logical argument.

Don't care if people are uninformed, or not well educated, but when they think they are right, and all they need to do is say so without any logic or reasoning to back it up, then everybody should thumb their nose at them

So thanks for the compliment. Being educated, well informed, and logical is something we should all strive for, and everybody should be. No reward for ignorance and intellectual dishonesty

I see both sides as being condescending at times (me included). They are condenscending to each other in different ways. Liberals are condescending in the way humans get with other humans after explaining something a thousand times and the other person still doesn't get it.

Conservatives are condescending in they KNOW they are right, even when they are wrong and they chastise others for not KNOWING that the Conservatives were right.
I believe you have that backwards. I have been coming to and participating in forum debates on politics for over ten years. I have yet to see any real originality in replies from most liberals, even after their points have been proven wrong. I am guilty of condescending towards liberals because I'm tired of debunking the same old talking points, year after year. And the real problem with this stems from the fact that people who claim they have just entered into these debates are using the exact same phrases as liberals were making 10 years ago. They like to call people stupid, but they themselves cannot even be bothered to think about the issue and come up with their own beliefs. It is a form of plagiarism that no one seems to want to confront.

Liberals just say they are right, post a few charts from someone else who has actually done the research and then spend the rest of their time in childish name calling as a means of bolstering their own ego.

Both sides are guilty of condescension, to be sure. However, I see the problem in issue debate to be one associated with the left.

Hysterical, I would think you were talking about conservatives here. :lol:

I attribute my personal succes to my lack of always needing to be right.
I suggest you stop trying to be right and realize that you have fallen for the oldest trick in the book......yoiuy believe things as fact that are nothing more than speculation....and you list them as accomplishments.

I mean...."unemployment will not go above 8% if we pass the stimulus"

"The stimulus will create 2 million jobs in the first 6 months"

And yet they have you citing the stimulus as an accomplishemnt when it failed to meet either benchmark....THAT THEY SAID would prove success.

DOes that not concern you?

Last edited:
Obama's so-called accomplishments isn't even close to Palin's public service record and her actuall accomplishments.

Obama offered a similar (and infamous) analysis when he suggested that residents of Rust Belt towns "cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations" about job losses. When his comments became public, Obama backed away from their tenor but insisted that "I said something that everybody knows is true."

I'm proud to be condescending towards uninformed, dishonest, or down right moronic people that think they speak "fact" all while being unable to form a coherent, logical argument.

Don't care if people are uninformed, or not well educated, but when they think they are right, and all they need to do is say so without any logic or reasoning to back it up, then everybody should thumb their nose at them

So thanks for the compliment. Being educated, well informed, and logical is something we should all strive for, and everybody should be. No reward for ignorance and intellectual dishonesty

Accomplishments refer to FACTS....yet you cited speculation as accomplishemnts...

And you criticize those that state as fact things that are not?

You are one silly character Doc.

Please list his accomplishments...not what they have you believing he has done with no prooof....just words.

:lol: just like I said, more idiocy. Those are accomplishments, no proof required if htey are good, since for many of them, only time will tell. Just because YOU think they are no good, doesn't mean that they are not.

And its an accomplishment getting your first nominee through the blocking congress, if you knew anything about politics you would know that

Listen Doc...calm down. Stop declaring voictory as the win or loss is for both of us.

The point I am trying to make is that this administration is spending a heck of a lot of money to "accomplish" things based strictly on speculation...and in an effort to get MORE popular approval, they have you convinced that his previous actions have accompolished things when in fact they are still speculation.

I am not spinning anything....I was against his "spending" as I did not believe it will help....and you can not deny one thing for sure...they clkaim it has helped but they have yet to be able to prove it.

This is not partisan talk, We, the people, want those that are falling for the rhetoric to stop falling for the rhetoric and start looking for true accomplishments....

Would you invest in a company that you already invested in and ssaw no returnds for a year...bnut that company promised returns to come soon and that is why you should invest more money?

YOu said list accomplishments. You claimed he has done nothing. I've listed his accomplishments. You post back bullshit that has nothing to do with the fact that those were accomplishments. YOur approval or your opinion of whether it is going to do good or not is irrelevant to the accomplishments. You dont' have a crystal ball, you don't know if it will work. I respect you thinking it will not help, but why not just say that from the get go instead of being disingenuous and claiming obama has done nothing?

That goes for all the other Obama bashers, instead of the stupid political mudslinging and name calling and picking out petty things to criticize Obama with, just state your reasoning and criticism of what he does?

Accomplishments refer to FACTS....yet you cited speculation as accomplishemnts...

YOu are like the typical conservative, full of shit. Claim to be not partisan hack,but every post shows otherwise :eusa_liar:

Winning the nobel prize is not an accomplishment? Getting his stimulus packaged passed is not an accomplishment? Getting his first appointment ot SCOTUS passing congress with little resistance is not an accomplishment? I guess you know nothing about politics than

What I stated are indeed facts, whether you tihnk they will help is OPINION, not fact.

You are one big moron old and tired and stupid

YOu said list accomplishments. You claimed he has done nothing. I've listed his accomplishments. You post back bullshit that has nothing to do with the fact that those were accomplishments. YOur approval or your opinion of whether it is going to do good or not is irrelevant to the accomplishments. You dont' have a crystal ball, you don't know if it will work. I respect you thinking it will not help, but why not just say that from the get go instead of being disingenuous and claiming obama has done nothing?

That goes for all the other Obama bashers, instead of the stupid political mudslinging and name calling and picking out petty things to criticize Obama with, just state your reasoning and criticism of what he does?[/QUOTE]

You lied in the cery first line so I did not read on.
I NEVER said he did nothing.
I said he has not yet accomplished anything.
He has done much...all for certain goals......
But has he accomplished any goal? Has he accomplished any benchmarks that demonstrates his goals will be acheived?
So far, all we have are "you will see".....even when he, himslef gave 1/1/10 as GOITMO closing date and he gave 8% as unemployment cap and he gave 2 million jobs created in 2009...

So maybe I should askj this.....

Please offer me a single benchmark he has promised to be reach by now that has been reached by now.
Name one.

I suggest you stop trying to be right and realize that you have fallen for the oldest trick in the book......yoiuy believe things as fact that are nothing more than speculation....and you list them as accomplishments.

And yet they have you citing the stimulus as an accomplishemnt when it failed to meet wither benchmark.

You do realize that the response will be with intangibles, spoken by others, whose jobs are to put the best look on any given concept or policy.

Let Me think a moment. They will list numbers, created and researched by others, on items on how banks WOULD HAVE sank further and/or collapsed if the stimulus had not been passed. They cannot see that kind of reply is not based upon any hard, proven evidence; merely speculation.

They will reply with a half-honest attempt to pass the blame for their misreading the depth of the employment problem with two intangibles. One being that this was the result of the last administration and that the unemployment broke the stated mark before the stimulus could go into effect. Yet they ignore the fact that after 8% was broken, and stimulus was spent, the rate continued to climb to 10.2%. Nothing they say is tangible on how they could have fixed the problem and they speculate that no one could have fixed the problem because of the last administration.

But answer Me this. Didn't this administration run for President because they said that they had the answers to all our problems?

YOu are like the typical conservative, full of shit. Claim to be not partisan hack,but every post shows otherwise :eusa_liar:

Winning the nobel prize is not an accomplishment? Getting his stimulus packaged passed is not an accomplishment? Getting his first appointment ot SCOTUS passing congress with little resistance is not an accomplishment? I guess you know nothing about politics than

What I stated are indeed facts, whether you tihnk they will help is OPINION, not fact.

I give up.
Fine.
You are right.

Winning a nobel prize is an accomplishment that was good for the people. Tell me when you start to reap the rewards of his winning the prize.

Jeez....for some reason I picture you as that guy that worked part time at McDonalds that spoke at a town hall and told Obama how much he loved him.

That goes for all the other Obama bashers, instead of the stupid political mudslinging and name calling and picking out petty things to criticize Obama with, just state your reasoning and criticism of what he does?

I think all you Obama bootlickers should just calm the fuck down... we listened to you bitches protesting at soldiers funerals calling it "patriotism" and bitching about every damn thing Bush did for eight fucking years. Now, BHO the boy king has announced that he "sees no reasonable expectation of privacy" regarding cell phone location monitoring... and you fucks are SPEACHLESS. Where's the fuckin outrage? Had Bush done this you would have shit yourself. So...... shut your pieholes.

And yes, I am a partisan Obama basher... the man sucks, his administration sucks and is the most crooked on record and quite frankly, a disgrace. And I will take every opportunityto point it out to you BHO bootlickers and lemmings.

Last edited:

And yet they have you citing the stimulus as an accomplishemnt when it failed to meet wither benchmark.

You do realize that the response will be with intangibles, spoken by others, whose jobs are to put the best look on any given concept or policy.

Let Me think a moment. They will list numbers, created and researched by others, on items on how banks WOULD HAVE sank further and/or collapsed if the stimulus had not been passed. They cannot see that kind of reply is not based upon any hard, proven evidence; merely speculation.

They will reply with a half-honest attempt to pass the blame for their misreading the depth of the employment problem with two intangibles. One being that this was the result of the last administration and that the unemployment broke the stated mark before the stimulus could go into effect. Yet they ignore the fact that after 8% was broken, and stimulus was spent, the rate continued to climb to 10.2%. Nothing they say is tangible on how they could have fixed the problem and they speculate that no one could have fixed the problem because of the last administration.

But answer Me this. Didn't this administration run for President because they said that they had the answers to all our problems?

That was my point all along.

I ask for concrete accomplishments or at the very least comncrete benchmarks reached to imply future satisfaction of accomplishments.

The best answer I got was the concrete winning of a nobel prize.

Personally, it scares me that this is what our nation is becoming.

I give up.
Fine.
You are right.

Winning a nobel prize is an accomplishment that was good for the people. Tell me when you start to reap the rewards of his winning the prize.

Jeez....for some reason I picture you as that guy that worked part time at McDonalds that spoke at a town hall and told Obama how much he loved him.
I could have warned you about arguing with a 14 year old, but some lessons are best learned first hand.

Sorry about that. Unless you come here to see who can persevere the longest in a name calling contest, this person has nothing to offer someone who actually wants to talk about things of interest.

Remember. Never let them drag you down to their level of ignorance. They have more practice and beat you with experience.

That was my point all along.

I ask for concrete accomplishments or at the very least comncrete benchmarks reached to imply future satisfaction of accomplishments.

The best answer I got was the concrete winning of a nobel prize.

Personally, it scares me that this is what our nation is becoming.

Cult of personality baby... Obama is the least qualified person in any room he enters.

New Democrat Motto: "I've done nothing, therefore I am qualified for everything"

Forum List

Back