The insect apocalypse

Well surprise surprise!

Alarmist Global-Warming Study Claiming ‘Insect Collapse’ Is Debunked

"October 2018, scientists Bradford C. Lister and Andres Garcia made a groundbreaking—and potentially terrifying—discovery.

They observed a decline in insect populations in a rain forest in Puerto Rico and determined it was caused by rising temperatures, or global warming.

Because the insects, specially arthropods, comprise more than two-thirds of all land species and are centrally important to life as we know it, global warming represents and even greater risk to humankind and the planet than was previously known.

There was one problem with their study—it was wrong.

Turns out, the authors based their findings on a single weather station in Puerto Rico, which was known to have been unreliable since 1992.

Unaccounted “changes in equipment” are now believed to have been responsible for the abrupt increase in recorded temperatures at the station when, in reality, temperatures at the location have actually decreased in recent years..."

Alarmist Global-Warming Study Claiming ‘Insect Collapse’ Is Debunked - Liberty Headlines

And I'm totally OK with that...

8-amazonian-giant-centipede.jpg

You are totally okay with what? The animal on this picture is by the way not an insect. It is a Chilopoda with 2*19 - 1 legs - and has not the typical body of insects with three segments and 6 legs. The head has wonderful big eyes in most cases. This here is for sure a wonderful creature too. But what is the context?

You are totally okay with what? The animal on this picture is by the way not an insect. It is a Chilopoda with 2*19 - 1 legs - and has not the typical body of insects with three segments and 6 legs. The head has wonderful big eyes in most cases. This here is for sure a wonderful creature too. But what is the context?

Yes, I know. I also know that dolphins aren't fish and America isn't a Democracy, it's a Republic. However, I don't feel pedantic enough to point it out to total strangers.

Yes, I know. I also know that dolphins aren't fish and America isn't a Democracy, it's a Republic. However, I don't feel pedantic enough to point it out to total strangers.

May it be you are what we calling in Germany an "Arschloch" and "Klugscheißer"? If the USA is not a democracy then it is the duty of all enlightened people to kill the political system of the USA. And when I interpret your word "dolphins are not fish" philosophically then you say with such an empty phrase "Dolphins are everything in the whole universe - except fish". The English speaking world is full of such empty phrases without any knowledge. "A Dolphin is not a fish but a mammalian, because ..." brings such sentences from an empty phrase into a communication where people are really able to speak about.

The total stranger tells you know something very simple: do not - never and under no circumstances - try to fight for hell against paradise. Hell is not a good place to live.

Last edited:
Without any doubt insects are dying out - and without any doubt human beings are the reason for this catastrophe. @Everyone: Change this! Help insects!

Well surprise surprise!

Alarmist Global-Warming Study Claiming ‘Insect Collapse’ Is Debunked

"October 2018, scientists Bradford C. Lister and Andres Garcia made a groundbreaking—and potentially terrifying—discovery.

They observed a decline in insect populations in a rain forest in Puerto Rico and determined it was caused by rising temperatures, or global warming.

Because the insects, specially arthropods, comprise more than two-thirds of all land species and are centrally important to life as we know it, global warming represents and even greater risk to humankind and the planet than was previously known.

There was one problem with their study—it was wrong.

Turns out, the authors based their findings on a single weather station in Puerto Rico, which was known to have been unreliable since 1992.

Unaccounted “changes in equipment” are now believed to have been responsible for the abrupt increase in recorded temperatures at the station when, in reality, temperatures at the location have actually decreased in recent years..."

Alarmist Global-Warming Study Claiming ‘Insect Collapse’ Is Debunked - Liberty Headlines

Yep as soon as I read the OP's link where they wrote: "In October, a study in Proceedings of the National Academy of Science documented that between 1976 and 2013, the number of invertebrates (like insects, spiders, and centipedes) in the Luquillo rainforest in Puerto Rico caught in survey nets plummeted by a factor of four or eight."

WTF? A 'study' in Puerto Rico somehow represents the globe?

Without any doubt insects are dying out - and without any doubt human beings are the reason for this catastrophe. @Everyone: Change this! Help insects!

You'll have to pry the fly-swatter from my cold dead hands!!!!!!

You'll have to pry the fly-swatter from my cold dead hands!!!!!!

That's not a problem. The problem is when the maggots of the flys don't start to eat you. ... oh by the way: Maggots eat necrotic substance - this saved the life of many men specially in wars.

But another question: Why are so many people of the English speaking world not shy to be proud on to be an idiot? You knew it was stupid what you said here, isn't it? But you said it. Why?

Republicans don’t know where food comes from.

Their holy book teaches that it fell from the sky like “it’s raining meatballs” or something

I think they called it manna.

Incorrect and had you read the Bible, Qur'an or Tanakh you would know in those books farming is mentioned.

Now the reality is humanity is killing itself off by killing off the lifeforms it need to keep this planet alive.

So what are you doing to reverse the affect?

Republicans don’t know where food comes from.

Their holy book teaches that it fell from the sky like “it’s raining meatballs” or something

I think they called it manna.

And democrats think that as long as they pray at the AGW alter, they are doing something while ignoring that their calls for more "infrastructure" and more "biofuels" is a call to destroy more natural habitat. We simply cannot grow grow grow and not destroy destroy destroy. Both parties are the same in this regard. Downsizing is the only path forward that draw downs carbon and protects wildlife, yet neither side is willing to drawdown. The democrats just blow a darker smoke to hide that they are not waking the walk as far as having a comprehensive environmental policy.

The debates concerning infrastructure in today's government primarily involves performing maintenance and replacement for infrastructure that requires it. Additionally, of course, there are calls to replace fossil fuel energy sources with wind and solar. Wind has almost no impact on agriculture or wilderness habitats. Feel free to bring up bird deaths if you like. Solar has been placed primarily in desert regions with very low biomass density. It's shade is likely producing habitat for a limited number of desert species.

I get tons of honeybees. The sunflower seeds out of the birdfeed fall all over the place and they grow like 8 feet tall. And each sunflower plant has anywhere from 5- 10 big flowers on it

I have some good pictures of those some place.

I've really thought about going foraging in the woods to find their hive, I can see em going back and forth from there to here.

Forum List

Back