The Insanity of the U.S. Military's Rules of Engagement

Whats so bigoted in wanting tax funds to stay out of RELIGIOUS organizations hands. We can help people directly or through non-religious groups...thats not STOPPING religious groups from also helping via their private UNTAXED collections.
http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/about/robertsonblessings.html

Not to change the subject but it's bigoted to keep tax funds out of religious organizations hands because tax monies originate from ALL taxpayers whether they are religious or not, and a huge number of taxpayers are religious. It is discriminatory (as well as idiotic) to divert funds provided by Christian taxpayers to solely NON-religious groups. As long as these religious organizations are not forcing religion upon their charity cases, they are not establishing religion. Plus, the government is also not establishing religion because it is distributing fairly tax monies to all types of charity organizations, both religious and non.

I am confused----are you saying that Christians are as "deadly" as Muslims ?

If so, I would sure like to see some recent links to all these "deadly" Christians in action.

They currently have invaded 2 nations and are occyping them both, they are also making noise about attacking yet another.

Not to change the subject but it's bigoted to keep tax funds out of religious organizations hands because tax monies originate from ALL taxpayers whether they are religious or not, and a huge number of taxpayers are religious. It is discriminatory (as well as idiotic) to divert funds provided by Christian taxpayers to solely NON-religious groups. As long as these religious organizations are not forcing religion upon their charity cases, they are not establishing religion. Plus, the government is also not establishing religion because it is distributing fairly tax monies to all types of charity organizations, both religious and non.

It isnt doing it fairly....show me how it funds other religions via its faith based initiates.

Churches dont have to pay taxes, they are already given a break to collect income and not pay taxes. We need seperation of church and state and if we fund them then we cant achieve that very well.

Non-religious can just fulfill their function of charitable work WITHOUT any ideological doctrine. The churches havent done so well with this, they even STATE openly they DO it to spread their religious message. We shouldnt fund religious groups to spread their message.

I am confused----are you saying that Christians are as "deadly" as Muslims ?

If so, I would sure like to see some recent links to all these "deadly" Christians in action.

the word "recent" prooves that you know christian extremists can be so dangerous and lethal than the muslim extremists (islamists).

Christians are guilty of so many bloody things in History...

And in the US constitution, I believe that there is a reference to God. To the christian god.

It woouldn't be a bad thing to avoid this reference. For a laic State.

It isnt doing it fairly....show me how it funds other religions via its faith based initiates.

Churches dont have to pay taxes, they are already given a break to collect income and not pay taxes. We need seperation of church and state and if we fund them then we cant achieve that very well.

Non-religious can just fulfill their function of charitable work WITHOUT any ideological doctrine. The churches havent done so well with this, they even STATE openly they DO it to spread their religious message. We shouldnt fund religious groups to spread their message.

What do you mean it isn't doing it fairly? What other religious groups have significant community charities that are helping the poor but are being left out? All can apply for a share of federal aid. However, I doubt Satanists are out there helping the poor. The point is to assist all the various charitable groups already working in communities. That's what Bush calls "leveling the playing field". Funds are directed to the players on the field, not to those sitting in the bleachers.

Churches don't pay taxes because the power to tax is the power to destroy. This does not mean that some of our tax dollars cannot be directed to assist non-religious community services being provided by various religious groups.

If leftists got their way, Christians would never be able to do anything remotely related to the government.

the word "recent" prooves that you know christian extremists can be so dangerous and lethal than the muslim extremists (islamists).

Christians are guilty of so many bloody things in History...

And in the US constitution, I believe that there is a reference to God. To the christian god.

It woouldn't be a bad thing to avoid this reference. For a laic State.

Which Christian theocracy has been attacking whom ? BTW- what does it matter that there were "Christian" leaders in history who abused the faith by killing? Atheists have killed millions. So what?

So I take you also think its bigoted to give funds to religious groups since they discriminate against homosexuals and homosexuals also give lots of tax money?

Hmm...seems your view has a bit of a problem, doesn't it?

So I take you also think its bigoted to give funds to religious groups since they discriminate against homosexuals and homosexuals also give lots of tax money?

Hmm...seems your view has a bit of a problem, doesn't it?

Your question makes no sense.

Which Christian theocracy has been attacking whom ? BTW- what does it matter that there were "Christian" leaders in history who abused the faith by killing? Atheists have killed millions. So what?

You can keep trying to blame their religion while excusing the christian one, but it dosent work. Have we ever had a non christian govt? Nope.

But lets get much more specific shall we?

http://www.bushwatch.com/evangelist.htm

BUSH TELLS PALESTINIAN PM GOD MADE HIM ATTACK IRAQ..."God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them." --Ha'aretz, 06.25.03

and

Earlier, Jackson Lears in the New York Times reported Bush as saying, "''Events aren't moved by blind change and chance''..., but by ''the hand of a just and faithful God.'' From the outset he has been convinced that his presidency is part of a divine plan, even telling a friend while he was governor of Texas, ''I believe God wants me to run for president.'' This conviction that he is doing God's will has surfaced more openly since 9/11. In his State of the Union addresses and other public forums, he has presented himself as the leader of a global war against evil. As for a war in Iraq, ''we do not claim to know all the ways of Providence, yet we can trust in them.'' God is at work in world affairs, he says, calling for the United States to lead a liberating crusade in the Middle East, and ''this call of history has come to the right country.''"

Lets not pretend that our nation isnt using the religious tool as much as they are.

Our goals are not really religious and neither are theirs. We want the power their resources will provide, they want us out of their nations and to leave their self-determination rights in tact. They want us to stop overthrowing their govts and leave them to determine their own domestic affairs and to leave what belongs to them alone...ie stop stealing their stuff.

Bullshit--Christians haven't invaded anyone.

Yes they have, the christians did attack and invade Iraq, and the christians also helped create and maintain Israel while displacing and killing palestinians....we sure didnt ask that GERMANY who were the christians doing the genocide against the jews to give up part of their nation or region to make a homeland for Jews...no we went and violently forced some muslims in the middle east to do it and called them terrorists for not just giving up their homes, farms and communities quietly.

The christians are the ones funding Israel to build MORE settlements each and every single year taking away MORE homes, lands, and farms from muslims.

Again, its not really over religion on any side but its a good tool to use isnt it? One of the biggest reasons that christians support Isreal is because they feel it fulfills biblical prophecy...they use that tool to its fullest dont they?

Your question makes no sense.

Sure it does, the church practices bigotry against Gays, how can we support a bigotry and why should the public be forced to? Dont we say terrorists supporters are JUST AS GUILTY as the terrorists? Why would support of bigots be different?

They also practice discriminatory hiring practices, why should we support THAT when we have deemed that such things are illegal and immoral in public life. The reason they can get away with it is because they are a PRIVATE organization free to practice their beliefs but NOT FREE to force the public to support them (especially since some of the acts and beliefs are illegal in the public domain).

What do you mean it isn't doing it fairly? What other religious groups have significant community charities that are helping the poor but are being left out? All can apply for a share of federal aid. However, I doubt Satanists are out there helping the poor. The point is to assist all the various charitable groups already working in communities. That's what Bush calls "leveling the playing field". Funds are directed to the players on the field, not to those sitting in the bleachers.

Churches don't pay taxes because the power to tax is the power to destroy. This does not mean that some of our tax dollars cannot be directed to assist non-religious community services being provided by various religious groups.

If leftists got their way, Christians would never be able to do anything remotely related to the government.

There are numerous muslim ones, we arent funding them via faith based initiatives.

Yes, I would make sure that christianity never was able to do anything remotely related to GOVERNMENT. Its called seperation of church and state.

Yes they have, the christians did attack and invade Iraq, and the christians also helped create and maintain Israel while displacing and killing palestinians....we sure didnt ask that GERMANY who were the christians doing the genocide against the jews to give up part of their nation or region to make a homeland for Jews...no we went and violently forced some muslims in the middle east to do it and called them terrorists for not just giving up their homes, farms and communities quietly.

The christians are the ones funding Israel to build MORE settlements each and every single year taking away MORE homes, lands, and farms from muslims.

Again, its not really over religion on any side but its a good tool to use isnt it? One of the biggest reasons that christians support Isreal is because they feel it fulfills biblical prophecy...they use that tool to its fullest dont they?

What a load of absolute horseshit. There is no "Christian" ruler in the United States. No church runs our country, the last official church recognized by a Government here was when britain ran us as a Colony and even then it wasn't a Christian Government.

Your mixing and matching to suit your bullshit beliefs. The only religious Government that is Christian that i can think of is the Vatican. Iran is a Muslim religious ruled country, the religion runs the Government. Germany is NOT a Christian Country run by any church, nor is the US or any other western nation that I can think of.

Saudia Arabia is a Monarch with only one recognized official Religion and its laws and Government are based ON that religion. Where as Turkey and even Egypt are currently not run by a religion. Nor is Syria.

American and Christian are not interchangeable terms. German and Christian are not interchangeable terms.

USA is not a theocracy, but there is a reference to God. And when it was written, the mentionned God was the Christian one.

It's like some muslim countries who have a reference to Allah in their Constitution.

BTW.

Dilloduck, you spoke about "Christian" leader in HIstory. You seems to think about the Kings, the politicians. Like "His Majesty Very Christian" King of FRance, or "His Majesty Very Catholic" King of Spain.

These leaders were not the only one to kill in the name of God. The christian believers and even the Christian Church were guilty of bloody things. Slavery, Crusades, wars of religion... HIstory of France, History of Europe, History of the world are spotted by a lot of disaster in the name of God.

USA is not a theocracy, but there is a reference to God. And when it was written, the mentionned God was the Christian one.

It's like some muslim countries who have a reference to Allah in their Constitution.

BTW.

Dilloduck, you spoke about "Christian" leader in HIstory. You seems to think about the Kings, the politicians. Like "His Majesty Very Christian" King of FRance, or "His Majesty Very Catholic" King of Spain.

These leaders were not the only one to kill in the name of God. The christian believers and even the Christian Church were guilty of bloody things. Slavery, Crusades, wars of religion... HIstory of France, History of Europe, History of the world are spotted by a lot of disaster in the name of God.

Those days are over for Christianity--unfortunately it's not for Islam. Try living in the present. Dragging up the historical sins of Christianity do not excuse killing in the name of allah TODAY. When was the last time you saw someone beheaded on TV and in whose name was it done?

What a load of absolute horseshit. There is no "Christian" ruler in the United States. No church runs our country, the last official church recognized by a Government here was when britain ran us as a Colony and even then it wasn't a Christian Government.

Your mixing and matching to suit your bullshit beliefs. The only religious Government that is Christian that i can think of is the Vatican. Iran is a Muslim religious ruled country, the religion runs the Government. Germany is NOT a Christian Country run by any church, nor is the US or any other western nation that I can think of.

Saudia Arabia is a Monarch with only one recognized official Religion and its laws and Government are based ON that religion. Where as Turkey and even Egypt are currently not run by a religion. Nor is Syria.

American and Christian are not interchangeable terms. German and Christian are not interchangeable terms.

How many non-christians admins have we had? Who was our last non-christian president?

Most of europe are also christian nations and state that they are officially even though the US actually behaves more like a theorcracy than they do.

Arab and muslim are not interchangable terms either...neither is middle east and muslim..whats your point exactly?

Those days are over for Christianity--unfortunately it's not for Islam. Try living in the present. Dragging up the historical sins of Christianity do not excuse killing in the name of allah TODAY. When was the last time you saw someone beheaded on TV and in whose name was it done?

Not over at all, we helped create Israel based on a religious premise and we continue to support it and expand it as well....quite recent. We are also invading and occupying 2 nations in the region...seems pretty recent to me.

Not over at all, we helped create Israel based on a religious premise and we continue to support it and expand it as well....quite recent. We are also invading and occupying 2 nations in the region...seems pretty recent to me.

You would be incorrect. The US didn't help create Israel. The Balfour Agreement did, and it was the doing of the Brits, not us. The US opposed the formation of Israel and lifted not one finger to help in its formation.

Not even a good try.

You would be incorrect. The US didn't help create Israel. The Balfour Agreement did, and it was the doing of the Brits, not us. The US opposed the formation of Israel and lifted not one finger to help in its formation.

Not even a good try.

We were the first to recognize her though as a legal Country, which was the right thing to do since they followed the procedure established BY the UN. And eventually we did begin military aid, though not for a long time. Unofficially American officers released or retired from the service, joined the Isreali military. In fact their first overall commander was a former US Army Officer. He was instrumental in swaying the decision of the US to recognize though not support the Nation.

Forum List

Back