The 'Innocent Prisoner's Dilemma'

The idea behind pro juries is that they would be better educated and better equipped to understand the facts presented let alone have a better understanding of law. It is an issue while basic things like DNA are entered into a trial and the jury does not have the slightest clue as to what or how DNA works.

Again, if you look at the average jury member I would bet that you will find a surprising lack of intelligence.

an understatement. the educated ones are usually the least intelligent. sort of like the crowd here. :eusa_whistle:

WOW, thanks for the poke ;)

Correction, that would be the ones that THINK they are educated when they are, in fact, just strongly opinionated. Rather worse in a jury too.

On that note, there is more than likely a higher concentration of bigots on a jury as well. If you hate black people and live in LA then what better place to make a difference when you already know that *everyone* that is committing crimes must be black.

I'm in the LA area, and what amazes me is how much better people here seem to get along -- as long as you do not look under the covers. There is more acceptance on one hand and deep seated revulsion of others on another. There is an attitude that says leave everyone be. Funny, my neighbors all talk about me because I get involved and demand people respect the community over the crazy individuals.

Out here it sometimes feels like the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Odd thing is, I'm really starting to fit in. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back