The Injustice of Obama raising the capital gains tax

like most wingnuts it won't affect you, sitting on the sofa bitching doesn't produce capital gains. LOFL

You’re the self-proclaimed WHITE Rastafarian (which makes you nothing less than a douche bag) pothead! Yet you constantly try to make claims others sit on the couch and don't work. :cuckoo:

I personally am worried about capital gains going up, because I invest alot in my 401(k) and IRA,I have universal life insurance policy (set up by my father when I was a child) which has a lot of cash value, I have some dollars in mutual funds accounts and I have an etrade account.

But on the bigger picture. capital gains going up effects the entire economy. It just made the baby boomer's stomachs turn. They don't want their invests getting taxed more when they are set to live off of it for the rest of their life. I don't want to see big investors investing less, because that is where the capital is raised for businesses (esp small businesses) to utilize and grow from. Raising capital gains taxes have ALWAYS had a immediate negative impact on the stock market. Anyone with any investments has to be afraid of this!

So take your fake self-righteousness and stick it in your ass!

Raising tax rates and indexing are two seperate issues. The OP is conflating one with the other to show "injustice". Don't be fooled by illogical thinking.

Of course you aren't sure. This is your problem.
The concept is pretty easy though.

Obama in an interview before the election was shown conclusively that raising the cap gains tax would not produce more money for the gov't. He brushed that aside.
His only argument is "fairness", i.e. the belief that we need to punish people who are productive with their capital so they suffer like people aren't.

Eliminate the tax on cap gains and dividends entirely. The whole country will benefit.

No, I wasn't unsure. Capital Gains won't go to 100% ya jackass.

No, dumbshit. The rate wont go to 100%. BUt the effective take can easily do that.
Imagine a $10k investment that nets $10k after 7.2 years. Now imagine inflation runs 14%. Now imagine the cap gains rate is 50%. The effective tax is 100% because all of the "gain" is due to inflation.

imagine if rats were the size of english schoolboys.

we'd be wiped out in a week.

50/50 on what happens first-schoolboy sized rats or 14% inflation.

imagine that

That was a great informative video, some of the liberals on the board would benefit from watching it. They would at least understand the capital gains tax!

YouTube - Indexing the Capital Gains Tax to Protect Taxpayers from Inflation

And teaching how it will really (in a lot of cases) be a 100% or more tax on capital gains.

Then liberals have the nerve to wonder why businesses aren't hiring when they know this and other things that will hurt business and investers is coming down the pipe.

obama is for, not against justice !

If this were true.

Explain the justice dept actions on the panthers.
Explain refusing to follow lawful subpoenas
Explain placing an American on the kill list.
Explain why a town can not make its city council non partisan positions.

I have time. So be precise please.

Your attack by stating only the 1%ers will be effected is beyond ignorant. It just shows you know NOTHING about what you argue about.

Mr S I have no doubt your a highschool student living off Mom and Dad and never worked a real job in your life.

The VAST majority of the middle class people have investments. Heck even some in the lower class have a 401(k). Raising capital gains hurts all these investments. You realize that most of the baby boomers entering retirement are primarily going to live off their investments, right? Well they will just have a 5% increase and they a 3.9% increase with Obamanation Care.

You attack the 1% (which is ignorant, because its will beyond 1% that contribute to the stock market), yet the capital invested in the market goes to corporations. These corporations hire millions of Americans to HIGH playing jobs. They provide Americans with health insurance. This capital allows them to invest in their business and god forbide grow their businesses.

And teaching how it will really (in a lot of cases) be a 100% or more tax on capital gains.

Then liberals have the nerve to wonder why businesses aren't hiring when they know this and other things that will hurt business and investers is coming down the pipe.
Yeah....we need to show more "compa$$ion" for the 1%ers/high-roller$.

:rolleyes:

"....Obama has said he would not raise the capital gains tax on individuals with income of less than $250,000."​

You'd think some college-girl would (already) know this..... :rolleyes:

No, I wasn't unsure. Capital Gains won't go to 100% ya jackass.

No, dumbshit. The rate wont go to 100%. BUt the effective take can easily do that.
Imagine a $10k investment that nets $10k after 7.2 years. Now imagine inflation runs 14%. Now imagine the cap gains rate is 50%. The effective tax is 100% because all of the "gain" is due to inflation.

imagine if rats were the size of english schoolboys.

we'd be wiped out in a week.

50/50 on what happens first-schoolboy sized rats or 14% inflation.

imagine that
You need psychiatric help if you're fantasizing about rats and English schoolboys.

The fact is that when the "capital gain" is due solely to inflation and then you tax the nominal gain you actually end up with a negative return.

Want to talk injustice lets talk about the Death tax. Family farms unable to be passed on from one Generation to the next because of the government taking their 55%, and some want to raise that to 65%.

65% of an estate paid for by money that had already been taxed.

Now that is injustice.

Want to talk injustice lets talk about the Death tax. Family farms unable to be passed on from one Generation to the next because of the government taking their 55%, and some want to raise that to 65%.

65% of an estate paid for by money that had already been taxed.

Now that is injustice.
Raising the rate from zero to 55% is exorbitant. In total the tax doesn't bring in that much money. Far more is wasted on inefficienies to avoid the tax and in trying to collect it.
It is solely an issue of class envy, trying to claw away someone's lifetime of work and success.

we are all taxed again and again....first on our income, then if we put some of this income in the bank and it earned 2% a year, we are taxed on this 2% or if we used our income that was taxed to buy gasoline or cigaretts, the feds tax us on those purchases, not even a gain....also we are taxed on our income, then taxed social security on the full income as well....and we are taxed by our state on purchases with the already taxed money by income tax, for both the state income tax and the federal income tax....then taxed by our town on our home each year, having to use our already taxed income to pay for those property tax...

CRY ME A RIVER will ya....ALL OF US pay taxes time and time and time again on our already taxed income.....capital gains is the LEAST of our worries....at least THAT is not on money that has already been income taxed, but only the gain...

AND GHOOK

your 401k's with stocks, even if traded or sold within the 401 k ARE NOT TAXED and capital gains tax does not affect any of them...that's the whole purpose of 401k's, you avoid paying ANY income tax on your initial investment....so you have paid NO INCOME TAX on that money....then for the 20-45 years you've invested money in the 401k and grown the account through gains, you pay no income tax, only when you retire and withdraw this money, you are taxed on the portion you take out.

ALSO, why in the heck did republicans, the 6 years they were in total control, not eliminate the tax completely as this girl said should be done??? huh?

sheesh, such drama queens!!!

we are all taxed again and again....first on our income, then if we put some of this income in the bank and it earned 2% a year, we are taxed on this 2% or if we used our income that was taxed to buy gasoline or cigaretts, the feds tax us on those purchases, not even a gain....also we are taxed on our income, then taxed social security on the full income as well....and we are taxed by our state on purchases with the already taxed money by income tax, for both the state income tax and the federal income tax....then taxed by our town on our home each year, having to use our already taxed income to pay for those property tax...

CRY ME A RIVER will ya....ALL OF US pay taxes time and time and time again on our already taxed income.....capital gains is the LEAST of our worries....at least THAT is not on money that has already been income taxed, but only the gain...

AND GHOOK

your 401k's with stocks, even if traded or sold within the 401 k ARE NOT TAXED and capital gains tax does not affect any of them...that's the whole purpose of 401k's, you avoid paying ANY income tax on your initial investment....so you have paid NO INCOME TAX on that money....then for the 20-45 years you've invested money in the 401k and grown the account through gains, you pay no income tax, only when you retire and withdraw this money, you are taxed on the portion you take out.

ALSO, why in the heck did republicans, the 6 years they were in total control, not eliminate the tax completely as this girl said should be done??? huh?

sheesh, such drama queens!!!

As democrats love to keep pointing about about the Dem Congress in the last 2 years under Bush. Republicans never had more than a super thin majority in Congress under Bush, and were Unable to do as much as they wanted with out the Dems blocking it.

AND GHOOK

401(k) plans might build tax free, but 401(k) are taxed when they come out at retirement no? That is the capital gains tax there!

Capital gains tax increases always hurt the market no? 401(k) are primarily invested in mutual funds that are primarily invested in the market. If CG hurt the market, they hurt the investments in MY 401(k) plan along with everyone else.

Let's put a scenario out there.

Joe is a small business owner. After expenses and payroll, he makes about $40k a year.

Joe cleans out his IRA and invests it in stocks so he can make some money to put in to his business, maybe take a vacation, fix his car.

So how does raising capital gains tax help Joe out? He's clearly middle class, or even in poverty depending on the size of his family.

Joe is a small business owner. After expenses and payroll, he makes about $40k a year.

Joe cleans out his IRA and invests it in stocks so he can make some money to put in to his business, maybe take a vacation, fix his car.

So how does raising capital gains tax help Joe out? He's clearly middle class, or even in poverty depending on the size of his family.

anyone dumb enough to drain their IRA, pay the penalty and attempt to reinvest in the stock market to make quick enough dough to take a vacation will be getting help from the government soon enough, Cap gains tax or not.

They'll be getting food stamps.

The scenario makes no sense. His IRA will already be invested in stocks. He will pay a penalty for early withdrawal on it.
Let's say he does and invests in his business, which is real estate. Let's say in addition to his income his asset values rise by the rate of inflation. After 20 years he has the same purchasing power he did before. Yet when he sells it, he will pay tax on 20 years of accumulated increase in asset prices which are solely due to inflation. He will end up with LESS money than when he started, in terms of real value.
How does that help him? It helps him decide to flush the business and take a job working for the gov't and joining SEIU.

Forum List

Back